Player Watch Brayden Sier (Delisted 2021)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

De Goey is the next real beast I reckon.

Maynard has a touch of the beast too.
Congrats to Sier.
Hope he follows in the footsteps of our other debutantes this season.....3-13 goals and 30-100 possessions please.
Is that asking too much?
10 inside 50's and 1 goal ( from his 2nd touch, the first being the inside 50 from the centre bounce).
That'll do.:D

Reading hes had trouble with injuries, can anyone clarify what injuries hes dealt with?

just curious

2016 copped arm/wrist injury mid season, returned and got KO'd, missed a few games with concussion and then injured his back. In 2017 he got an eye socket injury early and then a foot injury later. Aside from some hamstring issues which delayed his 2017 preseason, it's been nearly all impact type injuries.

http://www.aflplayerratings.com.au/Ratings/Player/124776/Brayden-SIER

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With injuries to guys like Freeman, Scharenberg etc over the past few years & due to mixed results as list manager, I think we've forgotten how good a recruiter Derek Hine is. Not to declare Sier a surefire 200 gamer after 1 game against a very poor opponent, but it's clearly taken time for him to get his head and his body right & he looks to be well on track now.

I was impressed. He didn't look out of place at all and appears to have enough weapons to work with & a chance to make it at AFL level. Needs to clean up his kicking a bit but so sharp by hand & once he settled into the game, he showed good composure.

Essendon aren't really blessed with that many big bodied contested ball winners so I think he will have a good chance to back it up again next week, looking forward to seeing him develop over the next month, there looks like there's a spot for him.

That’s a really nice first game for a midfielder. A lot of clubs would be pretty happy to have that output from an established player, so it’s really not bad for a first game. (But obviously I hope he improves and becomes a total gun, not just a good average player with some flashes of brilliance like he was today.)

What a cracking first game.I really hope Sier continues to play and Bucks leaves him in the midfield.He's a big,strong kid who will only get better by playing in the seniors.Kicking wasn't great but it was his first game.I have been waiting to see how he would go in the seniors and he didn't let me down.Really pleased for him....so far

Sier, he has something, it's still rough around the edges but he has substance. A lot to look forward too.

I must confess that looking through the showreel from last night I couldnt help but wonder if somehow, defying the fates that are the Collingwood Football Club, I was watching a longshot draft choice, made by an astute recruiter, matured over a few seasons in the magoos to play in a particular way, while the body was matured to AFL standard, by an in house process which all things considered has got it reasonably right, quietly slipped into a senior team, and looked almost as though he had 20 or 30 games with that team already under his belt. I know its only one game (and next week will no doubt reveal the young man to be a drink driving gambling addict with an instagram obsession involving strange things with chickens) but I found myself wondering if my team, the Pies, have got something right.

He showed a bit of nous, he demonstrated the value of an extra big body mid, there were some handy disposals. He may not be an additional Ferrari for the stable, but he looked like someone who could become a knockabout utility of choice for quite some time to come.

Impressive first game. 19 touches at 84%. 406 metres gained. 6 tackles and 48 pressure acts (scarier than Blair chasing you down!)

All from only 69% game time. I think we've found one here....

I slated the club for resigning him, I was wrong. A shrewd pick #32 from Hine.

With Stephenson, Scharenberg, De Goey and now (likely) Sier all coming on.... Derek Hine has definitely silenced the critics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back