Toast Brayshaw

Remove this Banner Ad

Love Brayshaw. Great game tonight - earned respect. Although he’s always one of our hardest runners and tryers and great to watch live.

How incredible was his last 2 minutes...

Gets the ball for that shot on goal

Is back in the defensive 50 in the pocket with a clean pick-up helping to clear

Sprints down the middle of the ground to get the last kick of the game and make-sure it clears.

You cant teach what he has

I've had a couple of small jabs at Brayshaw over the last few months. I had some concerns that his contested possessions (CPs) weren't quite up there with the Elite inside midfielders (even when considering his age). But this is his second game in a row with double digit CP's.
And in any case, stats don't do that game justice. He was superb and far better than his 12 CPs. Plenty of team lifting highlights by him.
Great stuff and I was chuffed to see a Toast thread. Much deserved.

I've had a couple of small jabs at Brayshaw over the last few months. I had some concerns that his contested possessions (CPs) weren't quite up there with the Elite inside midfielders (even when considering his age). But this is his second game in a row with double digit CP's.
And in any case, stats don't do that game justice. He was superb and far better than his 12 CPs. Plenty of team lifting highlights by him.
Great stuff and I was chuffed to see a Toast thread. Much deserved.
I too quietly was concerned about his output, but often wondered how Gaffs hit affected his contested ball possessions. If it had any lingering side affects, looks like he’s worked through them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just stands up in big moments. His first goal I believe was a big one in the first derby last year, then there's that contest in the middle of the ground v the pies and now this game. It's something special for sure.

Looked a lot more settle and composed with his disposal today as well. No frenzied rushing. Looking very very good for the future.

Andy is one of the few people at the club who I have never worried about in the last 18 months. May not be the most skilful player on the list but he just has "it". We will be very lucky if he captains the team in the future, he is that good.
Blokes that are good-great kicks are FAR more common than blokes with Andy's intangibles. The dude is a mental giant ala Steve Waugh.

Was always going to take him awhile to get over that cowardly act from last year, and has benefited from starting in the middle lately.

This is something people needed to take into account throughout his slow start to the year. It is hard to imagine how mentally tough it would be to have your jaw broken on a football field, then have to run out and put your head over it again in the way that typifies his game. Especially at his age when his body is still slight compared to the seasoned AFL bodies he is up against and inevitably gets knocked around from time to time.
I was never too worried when he was struggling, he showed enough glimpses to convince me he'd make it through the other side and he's really finding his feet at the level now. He's done incredibly well all things considered.

i would probably die for Andrew Brayshaw, I have never felt such strong emotions towards an AFL player like i do him.
He is out little angel andy and i just want to protect him at all costs, probably because he nearly got killed by that disgusting oxygen thief scum of the earth Gaff. The strength and character he showed after the incident, and the way he goes about it now despite what happened to him is just incredible.
He will go down as one of the greats, through pure hard work and determination.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back