Quazar

Club Legend
Aug 31, 2017
Albany WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Manchester United, Colorado Aves
I'm for it. I think it's time to move forward in that manner, I've enjoyed Fyfe as Captain but I feel that call is the right one. Not opposed to Pearce being it for a year as a transitional one either, but prefer it just to straight out be Andy now :)

Kepfan

All Australian
Feb 15, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
I actually wouldn't be against Pearce being captain for a year before Andy and or Serong. Don't rule out Serong just yet
Not a bad idea but then we are one injury away from being captainless for another season.

kingswood71

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 18, 2010
Australia.
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
West Perth.
TBH, as much as I think AB would make a great captain (as would AP), I reckon it would be fair to let Fyfe captain again next season. It would be fitting if he was a premiership captain, assuming we dont win it this season....and assuming we do next year.... :)

eastfreo75

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 11, 2011
pakenham
AFL Club
Fremantle
Co-Captains?
Both are extremely impressive young guys and either can be captain going forward.

Generally not a fan of co-captains but when it fits the situation we should do it.

I want them to take over in 2024. Just a little too early.

drxce

Debutant
May 3, 2022
west australia
AFL Club
Fremantle
Barra votes no.... interesting.
Interesting to see so many people echoing the same thing about Caleb's leadership skills. For me it has to be co-captains with Andy for VC at the minimum.

Taylor

Community Leader
Jul 16, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Caleb Serong is the one who sets the culture on field. Watch him if you're at the game tonight, he will be the one that gets up to the team and revs them up, congratulates them, stands up for them, etc.

It's almost entirely behind and between play, but it's always there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

King Huskii

Club Legend
Apr 19, 2022
AFL Club
Fremantle
Fyfe isn't playing enough to be captain imo. Nothing against him though.

Pearce id like to see as captain short term. Long term Brayshaw with Serong as part of his leadership team with Peace.

Those three appear to be strong leaders.

BStaff17

Club Legend
Aug 1, 2016
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
Fyfe needs to get body right. I would be making a change though it wouldn't surprise me if Alex Pearce has it for 2-3 years just because he isn't a midfielder touching it 30 times a game doesn't mean he isn't a leader.

I think a lot of stuff behind the scenes we don't see where the Moose leads the way.

King Huskii

Club Legend
Apr 19, 2022
AFL Club
Fremantle
We are very spoilt

I’m not sure who I’d take, but seeing Serong hate WCE last night as much as we do, decency bias says Serong.

I’m actually ok for co-captains on this one, which I’ve never been a fan of previous

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a lot of respect for Serong

blue shark

Premiership Player
Aug 15, 2009
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
The reality is if Fyfe stays captain we lose players due to his salary.
Captains have to be close to the highest paid at the club.
Fyfe at his best was worth over a million a year, but alas his best was a few
years ago.
He has missed so much footy, and the midfield has stood up without him.
If we want to win a premiership in my eyes is not the answer.
Brayshaw, Serong are leading the charge, and even when he came back he
didn’t show leadership in any capacity.
I think he could play longer without the responsibility, and actually freshen
him up to work on his game.

ImperialPurple

Matthew Pavlich Medallist
May 26, 2003
South Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFFC, Aussie Women's Cricket, HNK
Serong is pure passion, Brayshaw is the one your family likes. Id be happy with either.
Brayshaw leads from the front with his sheer will to win. He gets to every contest and slogs his guts out every week. He’s the kind of guy that says - watch me, this is how it’s done. Follow my lead and we’ve got this covered.
And yes, I agree, Serong is pure passion. Still think Andy just, by a close-shaved whisker.

ImperialPurple

Matthew Pavlich Medallist
May 26, 2003
South Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFFC, Aussie Women's Cricket, HNK
9F323C4A-8DDA-4021-AB24-86C6C10B1376.jpeg

Whoops - I was thinking an AB appreciation thread, but it’s about captain next year. No, I reckon 2024. Fyfe can have it one more year imo, then handover.

freo84

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 5, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Gee no love for Pearce in here..

Pearce should stay captain for another season or 2. Brayshaw and Serong are very young still and tbh there's no rush. I think Pearce is doing a fantastic job so far.