Toast #BringBackTheBars - Our Heritage, Our History, Our Right! Part 1

Assuming there were no obstacles, would you prefer the PB/Pylon guernsey to be our home colours?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Either this ‘contract’ is so messed up that club are scared to show it,
Or
There’s no contract.

If it’s A, then expose it and fight it.
If it’s B, then...
Methinks our club are scared. Full stop.

This tends to happen while our club remains significantly in debt.

Why are we still significantly in debt, Koch?

If there’s a legally binding agreement signed by Port administrators that refers specifically to us needing permission from Collingwood to wear the PBs, then I think this points to two things:

1. It is separate to our AFL license.
2. It occurred at one of the times we wore the PBs in the AFL.

If you look at when we have been allowed and when we’ve been knocked back, it will likely help pinpoint when, and therefore who made the agreement.

What did we gain out signing this supposed deal??
It was a different world then ... just as it was a different world when the ‘leases’ on Hong Kong were signed, and look what happened to them.

Right, Koch?

Just Kochie speak for "here is my excuses, I have no balls , please stop asking me to grow some balls I have none"
I don’t believe he could ever be that analytical. He arrogantly assumes everyone in his audience, whatever it is, hangs off his every word, even the clueless percentage.

Koch:

“We signed a legally binding agreement before my time that we have to get Collingwood ‘s permission to wear the prison bars.
We’re very happy with our current guernsey and it’s not on the table to wear the prison bars as our permanent AFL guernsey.
We would love to wear it in showdowns if we can, but it’s all up to Collingwood”
This club, taking all the wrong lessons from the swamp dwellers. ‘We had a win! Now’s the time to dump the PB push whilst the blowback will be minimal!’.

The club can’t miss the chance to insult our intelligence with their blatant attempt at timing this.

Koch:

“We signed a legally binding agreement before my time that we have to get Collingwood ‘s permission to wear the prison bars.
We’re very happy with our current guernsey and it’s not on the table to wear the prison bars as our permanent AFL guernsey.
We would love to wear it in showdowns if we can, but it’s all up to Collingwood”
Where has this quote come from?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FiveAA interview
The same source as his infamous claim that there existed a contract prohibiting the Suns from wearing red in China, consequently credibility zero.

It sounds to me like the club don’t have the guts or the will to challenge the contract.
It also sounds to me that the club believes that the majority of current supporters are happy with the current strip.
They are trying to take the easy way out but satisfy both groups of supporters.

To whichever club minion is reading this thread, send this to David utensil.

We signed a legally binding agreement

Why? What benefit did we get for agreeing to that?
Was it financial? Was it some other trade off?
Or was it just for shits and giggles?

before my time

Irrelevant. You are the current Chairman.
It is now your problem.

we have to get Collingwood's permission to wear the prison bars

This is the problem that is now your problem.

We’re very happy with our current guernsey

So are the majority of PAFC supporters.

it’s not on the table to wear the prison bars as our permanent AFL guernsey.

This is a strawman.

We would love to wear it in showdowns

Why? What's the reasoning here?
My guess is you see it as an 'easy' win for you because Eddie doesn't give a monkey's about it being worn in SA against the Crows.
You know this, so you're taking the easy option. Weak.

We should be able to wear it against anyone, including Collingwood.

if we can

We can.

but it’s all up to Collingwood

No it's not.
'Legally binding' agreement or not, it is up to us.

We need to renegotiate the agreement based on a number of key points:

1. It's our heritage.
We are Port Adelaide. We are based at Alberton. We are celebrating 150years of existence in 2020.

2. It's our history.
We've won over thirty SANFL premierships and one AFL final in that guernsey.
We are the only pre-existing club outside of Victoria to be admitted to the AFL.
This is indisputable fact.

3. It's our right.
All clubs have the right to express their identity as they choose. Except us.
This is demonstrably unfair and unjust.
Fix it.

To whichever club minion is reading this thread, send this to David utensil.

Why? What benefit did we get for agreeing to that?
Was it financial? Was it some other trade off?
Or was it just for ****s and giggles?

Irrelevant. You are the current Chairman.
It is now your problem.

This is the problem that is now your problem.

So are the majority of PAFC supporters.

This is a strawman.

Why? What's the reasoning here?
My guess is you see it as an 'easy' win for you because Eddie doesn't give a monkey's about it being worn in SA against the Crows.
You know this, so you're taking the easy option. Weak.

We should be able to wear it against anyone, including Collingwood.

We can.

No it's not.
'Legally binding' agreement or not, it is up to us.

We need to renegotiate the agreement based on a number of key points:

1. It's our heritage.
We are Port Adelaide. We are based at Alberton. We are celebrating 150years of existence in 2020.

2. It's our history.
We've won over thirty SANFL premierships and one AFL final in that guernsey.
We are the only pre-existing club outside of Victoria to be admitted to the AFL.
This is indisputable fact.

3. It's our right.
All clubs have the right to express their identity as they choose. Except us.
This is demonstrably unfair and unjust.
Fix it.
It's clear as clear, the current Board DO NOT WANT THE PRISON BARS. There is no binding agreement- if there was Collingwood would have produced it. I know, for a fact, individuals at the club (PAFC) have been pressed, time and time again, to produce the document. They never have.

This is on Koch. This is on KT. This is on the Board. They are not representing the club. THEY ARE LIARS.

i don't give a stuff what deal we made. Collingwood said we could wear the Prisonbars if we finished above then 3 times. We finished above them each of our first 5, and have plenty of times since.

Stop playing nice, stop asking. It will get us no where.

F**K COLLINGWOOD, F**K EDDIE, F**K THE AFL.

Just wear the Prison Bars from our first home game next year and if they don't like it, we'll lets see them in court.

Our jumper is unique, Collingwood, North, Hawks. Its all the same jumper in different colors, our design is unique and Collingwood cant patent colors. As i sign of good faith, we can wear a clash jumper against Collingwood. But thats it, no more of this SOFT BS that comes out of KT and Koch every time they open their mouths.

#bringbackthebars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back