Prediction Bruce Weber for Port Hall of Fame

Remove this Banner Ad

Once we'd racked up our 50th premiership the SANFL would have been expanded to 12 teams, with the admission of Semaphore and Rosewater.
As a kid, there was a period where I was a regular outpatient at the Children's Hospital in North Adelaide. My family didn't have a car, so it was a long bus trip to there from Taperoo.

On return journeys, I was always excited when the bus went past the Rosewater Lawn Bowls Club, as it meant we were almost back in Port Adelaide.

I also played some junior footy at the old Taperoo Football Club and I think we played an away game at Rosewater one time. I think their ground was on Eastern Parade.

"He was not a traitor, it was not treachery, it was visionary."

Amen.

The same people who despise Weber adore the Crows. Irony considering if it wasn't for Weber's actions there would be no Crows.

Hard to imagine what would have happened if Port didn't bid for the AFL in 1990 where SA football would have ended up? I think the SANFL had delusions of having a controlling stake in the AFL by delaying entry until 1993.

We would still be chanting "Kick a Vic" at pointless state of origin matches that would have ended anyway by then.

The same people who despise Weber adore the Crows. Irony considering if it wasn't for Weber's actions there would be no Crows.

Hard to imagine what would have happened if Port didn't bid for the AFL in 1990 where SA football would have ended up? I think the SANFL had delusions of having a controlling stake in the AFL by delaying entry until 1993.

We would still be chanting "Kick a Vic" at pointless state of origin matches that would have ended anyway by then.
Kind of lucky that Port did want to join. Otherwise the SANFL wouldn't have considered joining until at least 1993, so say entry in 1995 or until after Fitzroy folded/merged and then a bland Crows Mk II few years later just to have AFL at a still standing Footy Park every week. And Adelaide Oval would not be redeveloped to the state it is now, only featuring the odd SANFL game in winter, cricket in summer and square pockets all year round. But treachery!@!!

Kind of lucky that Port did want to join. Otherwise the SANFL wouldn't have considered joining until at least 1993, so say entry in 1995 or until after Fitzroy folded/merged and then a bland Crows Mk II few years later just to have AFL at a still standing Footy Park every week. And Adelaide Oval would not be redeveloped to the state it is now, only featuring the odd SANFL game in winter, cricket in summer and square pockets all year round. But treachery!@!!
Would bring back the square pockets, tbh.

Anyone come across the rumour of a former crows player being involved with the Bruce Weber banner at the showdown? They just mentioned it on 5aa

Anyone come across the rumour of a former crows player being involved with the Bruce Weber banner at the showdown? They just mentioned it on 5aa

Sounds like they’re referring to Abernathy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back