Toast 2023 PAFC Hall of Fame and Season Launch

Remove this Banner Ad

Rohan Smith told his kids to google him, and the 300 game bulldogs player came up instead hahaha

haha Kane Cornes giving JHF his jumper and gives him a hug.

Would have been classic if they could have wrangled Dave Granger to present the #18. Guess that was a bridge too far 😉

Given Cornes's continual trolling on behalf of JHF, he was the next best option.

Would have been classic if they could have wrangled Dave Granger to present the #18. Guess that was a bridge too far 😉

Given Cornes's continual trolling on behalf of JHF, he was the next best option.
15545369aa1bc0b6243216a1c6fa66fb
14f51986a9ee8745173f4e5c746ad85c

I hadn't thought about these two wearing the same number before, thanks for the chuckle.

Just imagine for a moment it's was possible to somehow, NOT need to outnumber the oppo constantly in defence to win. By like, recruiting and picking tall defenders. Maybe I'm talking crazy here, but could something like that work?

Or perhaps if you're going to run with a short defence strategy, that you recruit and pick hypermobile, agile, quick mid sized defenders so they could actually make contests and outnumber.

But nah, we could go the worst of both worlds with short, lumbering old bastards as KPPs (bar one), get pantsed in defence and still play a s**t style because we need eleventy blokes behind the ball.

To be fair is that what we did in this most recent draft? Marshall and McCallum are decent size and are quick and athletic.

Unfortunately you can’t reap what you sow in the draft straight away but we tried to get a quick fix in Ratugolea from Geelong but that fell through at the 11th hour.

Pasini is back from injury too this year, hopefully he surprises.

Then there is the question mark in what we do with Finlayson. Too good to leave out but at full strength I’ve got no idea where he actually fits, defence seems like a good option to me.

Our options aren’t as bleak as you’re making out.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be fair is that what we did in this most recent draft? Marshall and McCallum are decent size and are quick and athletic.

Unfortunately you can’t reap what you sow in the draft straight away but we tried to get a quick fix in Ratugolea from Geelong but that fell through at the 11th hour.

Pasini is back from injury too this year, hopefully he surprises.

Then there is the question mark in what we do with Finlayson. Too good to leave out but at full strength I’ve got no idea where he actually fits, defence seems like a good option to me.

Our options aren’t as bleak as you’re making out.

When you're looking to recruit Esava Ratugolea as a KPD stopgap, and you don't even pull it off, 2023 is officially bleak.

Watched nearly every game Rohan Smith and Roger Delaney played and their foot skills were so far ahead of most of our current AFL list it’s not funny.

All inductees were rippers 👍😃🥇

Told my son I thought Roger and Pickets were chances due to their numbers of flags.
We both thought Chad would get in.

He suggested Light, Woite, Anderson and Francou as well.

Was pleasantly surprised the Board that got us to the Big Show were honoured too. Thoroughly deserved.

Something to finally revel in and savour, after interminable periods of **** and feeling stale, and fuming that the club had lost it's mojo, and it's awareness of what we are here for - on field success!

Well played PAFC

When you're looking to recruit Esava Ratugolea as a KPD stopgap, and you don't even pull it off, 2023 is officially bleak.

Wasn’t really the fault of the club that fell through though. Our defence has actually been our strength in recent years. It’s not all doom and gloom.

Wasn’t really the fault of the club that fell through though. Our defence has actually been our strength in recent years. It’s not all doom and gloom.

Our tall backs have been the weakest link for us for many years. Our 'strength' at times in recent years has been midfield pressure and pushing back to outnumber. When our mids are off you know we're done because Allir can't cover the better teams talls all by himself.

Playing a s**t defensive team game plan and not conceding much is not the same as a strong defence.

Whether afl or sanfl level, Roger was the best kick of a football i’ve seen in my life. Phenomenal skills. Insanely good defender. My 2nd favourite player ever. Deserved to be in the HoF ages ago.

Rohan as well, what a joy to watch, kicked some amazing goals on the run and was always consistent.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back