MVP PAFC B&F 2023 - Congratz Butters (AFL), Moore (SANFL)

Remove this Banner Ad

Let's hope someone sends a text to the to radio stations about this cluster fuuuck of a night. Members kept in the dark about dates, couldn't buy tickets unless you were a premium big pockets member essentially, and to cap it off, on Mott's funeral and service.

All weekend my feeds have been full of mates and families attending their BnF for their clubs, getting photos with players and past greats. Anyway long winded way to say fuuuck this club at the moment 🤣

Those placings are a poor reflection on Farrell and Burton, and even Lachie Jones although the latter missed a fair few matches. I’m also really disappointed that Williams didn’t feature in that top 15. His season was unquestionably better than McEntee’s and he played only 2-3 full games fewer.

Ryan Burton is a real disappointment. Just seems to be happy to pick up a paycheque. Has turned into a real nothing player.

Not a good 1 on 1 defender, not a good rebounder, doesn't get a heap of it, and kicking skills have gone downhill.

Ryan Burton is a real disappointment. Just seems to be happy to pick up a paycheque. Has turned into a real nothing player.

Not a good 1 on 1 defender, not a good rebounder, doesn't get a heap of it, and kicking skills have gone downhill.

You know how the in-house doyen is always quick to point out that the club believed Polec’s foot was stuffed and he’d be clapped out within 3-4 years, and what a great coup that was as it came to pass?

Perhaps the same is true of Burton after that trainwreck leg injury he suffered playing for his school.

Just checked Hagan’s stats and was surprised he only kicked 18 goals from 19 matches. I was often really impressed by him. Tenacious type.

What’s your read on him, Ross? Is he AFL small forward material?
He unfortunately kicked a lot of points too.

There's no reason why he isn't in the same ball park as Evans, DBJ and McEntee.

Let's hope someone sends a text to the to radio stations about this cluster fuuuck of a night. Members kept in the dark about dates, couldn't buy tickets unless you were a premium big pockets member essentially, and to cap it off, on Mott's funeral and service.

All weekend my feeds have been full of mates and families attending their BnF for their clubs, getting photos with players and past greats. Anyway long winded way to say fuuuck this club at the moment 🤣

6th Sept was the email re the Best and Fairest, I could buy a ticket and I’m just a regular member with my two kids so check that out a bit more I’d say, I’d say any member would of got a ticket.

6th Sept was the email re the Best and Fairest, I could buy a ticket and I’m just a regular member with my two kids so check that out a bit more I’d say, I’d say any member would of got a ticket.
Do you think 4 weeks is long enough? Why not have an email sent during our season launch to every member ‘key dates’ with links to ticket-tech or who ever manages that, for multiple functions?

Any truth to the rumour a table of players audibly bristled/snickered at Tim ‘infamous enemy of the regime’ Ginever’s appearance on the screen during a Motley bit?
Where did you hear this?

Not surprising that Warren and Tim aren’t going. Was told an interesting story about the club’s reaction to the local media’s criticism of Port’s mishandling of the AA/Jones head clash. They put a ban on one media outlet for a few weeks. They are a precious lot.
If you're talking about the 5aa ban that was after Stephen Rowe nearly lost his job - or was there another station that we refused to give interviews to?

If you're talking about the 5aa ban that was after Stephen Rowe nearly lost his job - or was there another station that we refused to give interviews to?
It wasn't 5aa but I'll leave it at that. Just want to protect my source

Last edited:
Do you think 4 weeks is long enough? Why not have an email sent during our season launch to every member ‘key dates’ with links to ticket-tech or who ever manages that, for multiple functions?

No idea but I think we are all just looking for things to get irritated at, we have bigger problems.

Is it possible you missed the email? I got one and we've got 5 gold memberships and 3 GA's - we're not 1870 members etc. We also received emails about alternative places to watch once it was sold out. They would have tied in dates with the funeral so those traveling could attend both - Mott's family were also at BnF so they'd obviously agreed. I liked that it meant all players were there for funeral as well (Russell's funeral we missed a few players through travel and them being on holidays).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn't guys like Tim & Warren always be welcome to these events? maybe they are just disinterested for obvious reasons.

They were both involved in Motley's service yesterday so it's not like they're annexed from the club.

Silent protest is most likely.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back