MVP PAFC B&F 2023 - Congratz Butters (AFL), Moore (SANFL)

Remove this Banner Ad

Last year the voting was on a 0-5 basis with head coach and GM footy voting plus players line coach also which meant max was 15.Top 3 last year were
Rozee 132
Boak 102
Houston 100
Max votes were 22 x 15 =330

If was the same max votes were 25 x 15 = 375.

John Cahill Medal leader board

Zak Butters - 190
2. Connor Rozee - 170
3. Dan Houston - 158
4. Willem Drew - 115
5. Aliir Aliir - 113
6. Sam Powell-Pepper - 104
7. Jason Horne-Francis - 97
8. Miles Bergman - 90
9. Darcy Byrne-Jones - 89
10. Ollie Wines - 86
11. Jeremy Finlayson - 78
12. Todd Marshall - 77
12. Willie Rioli - 77
14. Jed McEntee - 73 ******** That says a fair bit. But he did play 22 of 25 games and =11th most for theseason
15. Trent McKenzie - 68

AFL award winners

John Cahill Medal (best and fairest)

Zak Butters
Runner up
Connor Rozee
Bruce Weber Memorial Award (second runner up)
Dan Houston

Fos Williams Medal (best team man)
Willem Drew

Gavin Wanganeen Award (best player under 21)
Jason Horne-Francis

Coaches’ Award (most improved)
Miles Bergman

John McCarthy Award (for community service)
Trent Dumont

I can't read that leaderboard.

Serious question but who the hell is Nick Moore? Is he a top up? How on earth has a top up won our SANFL B n F, and another 1 come in at 3rd.

Last year the voting was on a 0-5 basis with head coach and GM footy voting plus players line coach also which meant max was 15.Top 3 last year were
Rozee 132
Boak 102
Houston 100
Max votes were 22 x 15 =330

If was the same max votes were 25 x 15 = 375.

John Cahill Medal leader board

Zak Butters - 190
2. Connor Rozee - 170
3. Dan Houston - 158
4. Willem Drew - 115
5. Aliir Aliir - 113
6. Sam Powell-Pepper - 104
7. Jason Horne-Francis - 97
8. Miles Bergman - 90
9. Darcy Byrne-Jones - 89
10. Ollie Wines - 86
11. Jeremy Finlayson - 78
12. Todd Marshall - 77
12. Willie Rioli - 77
14. Jed McEntee - 73 ******** That says a fair bit. But he did play 22 of 25 games and =11th most for theseason
15. Trent McKenzie - 68

AFL award winners

John Cahill Medal (best and fairest)

Zak Butters
Runner up
Connor Rozee
Bruce Weber Memorial Award (second runner up)
Dan Houston

Fos Williams Medal (best team man)
Willem Drew

Gavin Wanganeen Award (best player under 21)
Jason Horne-Francis

Coaches’ Award (most improved)
Miles Bergman

John McCarthy Award (for community service)
Trent Dumont
Those placings are a poor reflection on Farrell and Burton, and even Lachie Jones although the latter missed a fair few matches. I’m also really disappointed that Williams didn’t feature in that top 15. His season was unquestionably better than McEntee’s and he played only 2-3 full games fewer.

Top 8 seems about right, 9th and 10th definitely not their greatest years but probably weren't too many others that played as many games as they did.

I can't read that leaderboard.

Serious question but who the hell is Nick Moore? Is he a top up? How on earth has a top up won our SANFL B n F, and another 1 come in at 3rd.
Nick Moore is our best SANFL player. Sutcliffe as an SANFL listed player won it last year.

Jed Hagan one of the best undrafted 18 year olds in the country.

Normally good AFL listed players will get called up to the AFL team which hurts them in the SANFL voting. The majority of our side is an U23's team with under 50 SANFL games experience each.

“I've put more into myself as I ever have this year,” Butters said in an emotional acceptance speech.

“If you keep showing up, you get what you deserve, so the more you put in the more you get out of it. I like to live like that as well. "

Nick Moore is our best SANFL player. Sutcliffe as an SANFL listed player won it last year.

Normally good AFL listed players will get called up to the AFL team which hurts them in the SANFL voting. The majority of our side is an U23's team with under 50 SANFL games experience each.
Just checked Hagan’s stats and was surprised he only kicked 18 goals from 19 matches. I was often really impressed by him. Tenacious type.

What’s your read on him, Ross? Is he AFL small forward material?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just checked Hagan’s stats and was surprised he only kicked 18 goals from 19 matches. I was often really impressed by him. Tenacious type.

What’s your read on him, Ross? Is he AFL small forward material?
I'd consider him with a late pick as a half forward option. Guys like Rioli, Evans, Fantasia and Szust would be deeper.

Is that 7 different winners in 7 years?

Thats surely a record of some sort

Butters
Rozee
Wines
DbJ
Boak
Westhoff
Ryder
Gray

Wines and DBJ in our top 10. Wow, just wow.

At a point you do get rewarded in these voting systems by simply playing lots of games. Ollie played all 25 games and DBJ played 23 games. Just being out there every week and not being completely awful will get you into the top 12 or so.

Yeah I’ve seen photos of him now and recognise him, I didn’t watch many sanfl games and the games I did see I was mainly paying attention to our afl listed players. Probably didn’t realise our top ups were that good.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back