MVP PAFC B&F 2022 - Congratz Rozee (AFL), Sutcliffe (SANFL), Ewings (AFLW)

Remove this Banner Ad

"Stability makes clubs strong, and that's what we've been able to achieve at our club"

* these guys are out of touch with reality.

We finished 11th, we have literally zero hope as a supporter base. The most stale, boring team in the comp, stuck with this coach still after a record period of failure. Not getting results, accepting mediocrity and calling it strength. * me.
Maybe they should mention the number 5546 - that's the number of days since we last played in a grand final. That ain't stability, and it certainly ain't the Port Adelaide I grew up loving.

Given there are different voting systems every 2nd or 3rd year Boak has gone;

2019 Win
2020 2nd got 85.5% of what winner DBJ got
2021 2nd got 72.9% of what Ollie got
2022 2nd got 77.3% of what Connor got

Finishing top 2 in a B&F 4 years in a row in your 30s must be some sort of record.

Not surprised by the winner. After an AA year to get the BnF is well desired. Hopefully Rozee will continue the upwards trajectory.

A little surprise about how low Marshall and SPP was. I suppose they they could go missing in games, but generally always stood up when it was needed.

ad3629696a2aa2abe17c24cada623d14.jpg

Four of the top ten get delisted, including 2nd & 4th.
Wicked.

Four of the top ten get delisted, including 2nd & 4th.
Wicked.

To be fair, there's going to be a disconnect with the reserves B&F because the better you are at reserves level the less you play at reserves level therefore the less votes you poll.

Finishing top 2 in a B&F 4 years in a row in your 30s must be some sort of record.
It also shows how stupid the decision to play him high half forward in 2017-18 and do all that useless running, really was.

Let the girls have their own night.

I'd be interested to hear their thoughts on it. Does it win for being inclusive or lose for drowning out their achievements with the dominant male awards.

For all the teeth gnashing, I do think the One Club approach was a sound strategy, particularly for the inaugural AFLW award.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd be interested to hear their thoughts on it. Does it win for being inclusive or lose for drowning out their achievements with the dominant male awards.

For all the teeth gnashing, I do think the One Club approach was a sound strategy, particularly for the inaugural AFLW award.
It's just the mens season being over friggin' months ago that hampers it. The Patient Mental in me would say it's also convenient to hide away from the initial anger surrounding another crap season.

It's just the mens season being over friggin' months ago that hampers it. The Patient Mental in me would say it's also convenient to hide away from the initial anger surrounding another crap season.

Hypothetically, if we'd had a good year, would that have changed the response to the date?

It was just a cost saving exercise so they didn't have to hold multiple events.
It was that and the whole inclusion thing.

The club has made it clear it wants to be a fully integrated men's and women's program club. It wasn't going to split the B&F events first up.

Maybe the club can combine the men's and women's teams and be truly inclusive?

Between the coach and the path the club is taking Port is morphing into a public service department/sheltered workshop, or worse... the Crows.

lol how ******* bad is a club with a strategic plan headlined by "unbelievable connectedness" and then shuts out the fans from the B&F.

They have literally no idea what they are doing.

If the womens and mens seasons ran out the same time of course you have the awards on at the same night but the mens season finished over 3 months ago and we are now full steam ahead into pre season for 2023. Just seems weird. And it wasn't the season to look back on, would've been nice to put 2022 behind us as quick as possible.

did the new recruits still get invited?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back