Opinion Best PAFC handpasses ever

Remove this Banner Ad

Easy. Dan Houston handballing to someone’s feet.

remember we had a player who casually did massive handballs? i forget who but i recall once (2005ish?) he handballed it kick-distance to a player who marked it and it was paid a mark because the umpire had his back to the delivery. it happened at AAMI stadium on the close side of the telecast up the wing. might've been choppy. wonder how many handballs were marked and paid over the leagues history?

the one that stuck in my mind was when robbie gray handballed it with the opposite end of his fist and it was called a throw because robbie was a step ahead of everyone else and 10 steps ahead of the umpires (r6 2014)

tumblr_n4vpf1Fk7r1qmuxe9o1_1280.jpg

Last edited:
Not big long ones, but deft, visionary ones - Zak Butters

I'm looking forward to the Best PAFC Bum Taps ever thread

Ando's light but loving tap on Clive Waterhouse's arse in the 95 granny was a sight to behold !

I'm looking forward to the Best PAFC Bum Taps ever thread

Ando's light but loving tap on Clive Waterhouse's arse in the 95 granny was a sight to behold !
I'm surprised I made it this far without someone having a problem with it lol.

p.s. can a mod please fix the title!

I'm going to answer the same thing I did in the hits thread, Hamish Hartlett in the 2nd quarter of the 2014 EF after that big collision.

Matthew Richardson handpassing accountability for anything he says.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Granger to Ebert, 1981 grand final (around 2.15 of this highlights package)

Granger using his left hand to hand pass the ball 30 metres accurately to Ebert's advantage because he had apparently damaged his right on some Glenelg bloke's head earlier in the game is still the best I have ever seen, particularly given it was done under the pressure of a grand final and into a blustery wind to the non scoring end of footy park, and even though it was only the 2nd qtr Russell's celebration sent a very strong message the bays were well on the way to losing another gf.

There was no doubt DG could play, if he could have harnessed his unfortunately too often over the top aggression I suspect he would have been remembered very differently today.

The genius of Robbie Gray...so far ahead of the umpire with a room temperature IQ.

Granger using his left hand to hand pass the ball 30 metres accurately to Ebert's advantage because he had apparently damaged his right on some Glenelg bloke's head earlier in the game is still the best I have ever seen, particularly given it was done under the pressure of a grand final and into a blustery wind to the non scoring end of footy park, and even though it was only the 2nd qtr Russell's celebration sent a very strong message the bays were well on the way to losing another gf.

There was no doubt DG could play, if he could have harnessed his unfortunately too often over the top aggression I suspect he would have been remembered very differently today.
Such a talented player. His aggression was at times over the top, but he was also crucified by certain individuals as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back