Roast PAFC in house content production

Remove this Banner Ad

Was a time when imho the Port online content was in front of everyone else. Those little vignettes on players and moments were brilliantly produced - the sound, vision and script were all spot on. Coincided with the 2013/14 revival of the Club's fortunes on and off field iirc.

I have NFI but it seems to me that maybe the covid shut down and lay-offs took the guts out of the team that was responsible for that excellence and the management haven't realised how important quality of content as opposed to quantity is.

This flows through to the crap they're selling at the Port store as well. WTF is responsible for that garbage? Many of us have a $50 voucher for 2024 membership in our pockets but are left wondering what to do with it.

How we market ourselves to the world matters, not just in revenue terms but in how we bind as a membership/supporter group and I daresay it matters to the players as well.

Spend some serious $$ to get someone with some real design and creative flair to make this a focus of our club - a consistency in the base design, colours and focus would be a good start then work on some core stuff that everyone would feel proud to wear - instead of this vomit inducing monstrosity:

View attachment 1911026

Spent a few years in the US and Canada a decade ago and the colleges there have really got the athletic marketing stuff right. Even the smaller ones. It's a focal point of marketing their colleges to the US and the world. Maybe we should get someone from there on a secondment/scholarship to help us out?
You can't keep comparing us to when we were actually good.

Bench mark us against our worst period like Koch and you will feel better.

At least we are marginally ahead of the funk squad and floating fist videos.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'd be happy if they stopped doing the admin's perspective style post, and focus on more actual football content.

I feel like the fake exposing the social media intern style posts are overplayed now. To put it in terms they'll understand, it's very cringe.

Spot on. Unfortunately, if you're not a 16-year-old Tik Toker, you're basically not the target demographic for the club's social content it seems.

Which is interesting, because I'd love to know how many memberships 16-year-old Tik Tokers account for. Gotta keep 'em on the hook until they've got disposable income I guess.

So it’s been almost a week and I cannot find any Port highlights from last weeks practice match, Crow social media uploaded a 6 min highlight package on Monday. Have the Port team posted anything about last week’s game? Only found Chads press conference & just now Ken’s had a press conference - but whomever uploaded has the date wrong (saying 19 Feb)…

So it’s been almost a week and I cannot find any Port highlights from last weeks practice match, Crow social media uploaded a 6 min highlight package on Monday. Have the Port team posted anything about last week’s game? Only found Chads press conference & just now Ken’s had a press conference - but whomever uploaded has the date wrong (saying 19 Feb)…
Full match on Kayo website, if you have that.

Did Travis Boak never lose it or did he just always have it? Or maybe he found it in the place he left it after putting it down while he used the toilet?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is real "boomer" stuff, but we've completed the transition of PAFC social media being assigned to 20 year Olds - complete with the new in thing being no capital letters at start of sentences.

Yeah it’s a small, most would say insignificant thing, but why do it? What does it achieve? Could you see a Real Madrid or Manchester City using their digital assets in this fashion. We’re meant to be an elite sporting organisation FFS, not a bunch of ******* children. Jesus this club’s online presence is going downhill fast.

Attachments

• IMG_2258.jpeg
    IMG_2258.jpeg
    256 KB · Views: 123
Yeah it’s a small, most would say insignificant thing, but why do it? What does it achieve? Could you see a Real Madrid or Manchester City using their digital assets in this fashion. We’re meant to be an elite sporting organisation FFS, not a bunch of ******* children. Jesus this club’s online presence is going downhill fast.
Agreed (and much better put than me).

Did Travis Boak never lose it or did he just always have it? Or maybe he found it in the place he left it after putting it down while he used the toilet?
Bold of the club to put stuff like this up in the pre-season.

We all remember just how much Boak 'had it' every time he had a simple set shot in a final recently.

Imaging the meeting within the media team on this one.
Ok guys we're going to get the guys to comment on their likenesses from the new AFL video game.
Great idea, make sure you print the pictures out on to a loose piece of paper before we go down to the training centre.
You don't think we could use an iPad or something?
Nah, let's just get this over with

Imaging the meeting within the media team on this one.
Ok guys we're going to get the guys to comment on their likenesses from the new AFL video game.
Great idea, make sure you print the pictures out on to a loose piece of paper before we go down to the training centre.
You don't think we could use an iPad or something?
Nah, let's just get this over with

Also that game came out like 9 months ago. WTF's all round.

it was good enough for ee cummings
it is good enough for port adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back