MVP PAFC B&F 2023 - Congratz Butters (AFL), Moore (SANFL)

Remove this Banner Ad

Silent protest is most likely.

Best-case scenario is ‘lost in the mail/junk folder’.

Which, if so, makes one wonder why the club don’t have at least one person tasked with “hey, one [or more] of our legends hasn’t RSVP’d… let’s follow up with a call”.

Best-case scenario is ‘lost in the mail/junk folder’.

Which, if so, makes one wonder why the club don’t have at least one person tasked with “hey, one [or more] of our legends hasn’t RSVP’d… let’s follow up with a call”.

They would have. Even the minnowest-of-minnows, not-for-profit, community orgs have someone on the phone calling VIPs to get rsvp's to their events. It's as basic as organising the invite in the first place.

With all due respect to the winners of the clubs B&F's my interest in last night's proceedings was not even luke warm, I didn't even know the result until I cranked up the PC this morning and I doubt I am the only one on here who felt the same way.
I gave it a try but it was like an early 1950's tv program, it was that clunky. Absolutely amateur hour.

The club has sunk to depths I didn't know existed.

Last edited:
No idea but I think we are all just looking for things to get irritated at, we have bigger problems.
I think when the list is 12 feet long it becomes apparent how many thing we do to a sun standard level. We are in one of the Nations biggest businesses and you would find better administration at local levels of Community Sport, heck even Mum and Dad’s corner store.

The standards you walk past are the standards you accept.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I gave it a try but it was like an early 1950's tv program. Absolutely amateur hour.

The club has sunk to depths I didn't know existed.
Agreed RJ, us boomers cop plenty of flack on here from time to time but we can take it ;) and no doubt like yourself if any one had told me even when I was a kid in the 1950's, a teenager for most of the 60's, and an adult in the 70's, 80's and 90's that the club would end up in the shambles it is today, with the only light at the end of a very dark tunnel under the current regime almost certainly being the train, it would have been impossible to believe.

As for destroying the Maggies who I suspect have copped more smashings in the last 5 seasons ( particularly at Alberton) than in the previous 60 odd years, which was apparently done to improve the premiership chances of the Power that hasn't fared too well either, and has only resulted in the likes of glenelg, sturt, norwood and no doubt all of the sanfl clubs rubbing their hands together at the thought of burying the PB's into the turf and gaining a percentage boost in the process, but according to some on here it's only the magoos so it doesn't matter. :think:

Last edited:
Only one perfect game according to the coaches.

Round 10 votes v Melbourne
15. Butters, 10. Houston

Next closest to a perfect game was
Round 9 votes v North Melbourne
13. Butters, 9. Bergman,

Last 9 home and away games ie after bye round - bold = highest votes by a Port player
6, 5, 2, 6, 10, 11, 10, 10, 9

Butters bombed in the finals.
QF 5, SF 3.

Well done to Daniel Norton, he is a real lifelong Port supporter loved his story about the 1983 game at Prospect remember that like yesterday, hundreds of us kids ran on the ground after we had come from 43 points down just before 3/4 time and Craig Bradley kicking a 50 metre torpedo from the boundary line right in front of the North Adelaide members to put us in front.

Well done to Daniel Norton, he is a real lifelong Port supporter loved his story about the 1983 game at Prospect remember that like yesterday, hundreds of us kids ran on the ground after we had come from 43 points down just before 3/4 time and Craig Bradley kicking a 50 metre torpedo from the boundary line right in front of the North Adelaide members to put us in front.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back