News Buddy suffered seizure in January

Remove this Banner Ad

Damnit!

d11d1c516380d1c6ed3da36170911e6e4c7c3683a178d1573d9f56f12fe6a193.jpg

Beat me to it!

He's the league's first ever 10 million dollar man, so let's not kid ourselves that he'll be facing a level of scrutiny unlike anything any VFL or AFL player has ever seen.

Supporters of ALL clubs will be feverishly discussing the way Franklin goes about it for Sydney, so why should we feel so guilty about doing the same - because it makes us look bitter that he took the money and turned turncoat? Life's too short to get wound up over appearances I say, Buddy is news and at this time of year there's precious other news worth discussing.

That 10 million dollar investment of theirs is looking very, very shaky already and I'll be damned if I'll hide my glee at the prospect. Here comes the Karma bus Richard Colless you slimy bastard!

He's the league's first ever 10 million dollar man, so let's not kid ourselves that he'll be facing a level of scrutiny unlike anything any VFL or AFL player has ever seen.

Supporters of ALL clubs will be feverishly discussing the way Franklin goes about it for Sydney, so why should we feel so guilty about doing the same - because it makes us look bitter that he took the money and turned turncoat? Life's too short to get wound up over appearances I say, Buddy is news and at this time of year there's precious other news worth discussing.

That 10 million dollar investment of theirs is looking very, very shaky already and I'll be damned if I'll hide my glee at the prospect. Here comes the Karma bus Richard Colless you slimy bastard!

So buddy left and when we discuss it we get called small minded etc etc etc... I won't bore you with the details..................yes players leave..they move on to greener pastures.................no law against that.............but i think what some of we "small minded" petty lil folk are still angr about was how he did it.........he lied the whole season and he lied to people who didn't deserve it

so of I course I would never wish him ill health or an injury but damn it i am glad when he has a bad game....seems to me that some who get angry about it are really buddy supporters rather than hawk supporters... heavens this wonderful board even allowed people with buddy in their name to change it...

go the Hawks

I'm just interested because her was an amazing player at our club for 8 or so years. He won a whole bunch of awards and contributed to premiership success.

While I'll always be pissed that he left the way he did, I'll ALWAYS be interested in his career and keep on eye on it because he IS a great player, and WAS a great servant whilst here.

Nothing to do with jealousy, bitterness or anything. Pure interest in football and all its goings on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon he left as a major Syd :)

It's not the fact that he left for money/lifestyle/escaping the Melbourne fishbowl..... It's the fact that he denied Spangher a premiership medal that grinds my gears about the whole thing

might be taking the mickey just a little :D

I'm just interested because her was an amazing player at our club for 8 or so years. He won a whole bunch of awards and contributed to premiership success.

While I'll always be pissed that he left the way he did, I'll ALWAYS be interested in his career and keep on eye on it because he IS a great player, and WAS a great servant whilst here.

Nothing to do with jealousy, bitterness or anything. Pure interest in football and all its goings on.

Spot on Tommy, I pretty much keep an eye on any Hawk that ends up at another club, whether it through trade, delisting and now through free agency.

The circumstances of their departure does have an impact on how well I hope they go.........

...because we are better than supporters of all other clubs just as our club is better than all the other clubs.

Let's wish him well - hope he's ok and move on.

He gave us 6 years of quality service and was involved in two premierships.

In leaving he made sure we had a war chest just as free agency came into being, we've still got the best forwards in the league, we've learned our lesson from 2008/9 and Clarkson has some new tricks in store for this year. Feel like we took advantage of both Sydney (come on 10 mill over 9 years like that's not going to hurt your "bloods culture") and St Kilda (surprised the government hasn't launched a Royal Commission into how they let go of a 24 year old 100 game ruckman considered a future leader of the club)

...because we are better than supporters of all other clubs just as our club is better than all the other clubs.

Let's wish him well - hope he's ok and move on.

He gave us 6 years of quality service and was involved in two premierships.

In leaving he made sure we had a war chest just as free agency came into being, we've still got the best forwards in the league, we've learned our lesson from 2008/9 and Clarkson has some new tricks in store for this year. Feel like we took advantage of both Sydney (come on 10 mill over 9 years like that's not going to hurt your "bloods culture") and St Kilda (surprised the government hasn't launched a Royal Commission into how they let go of a 24 year old 100 game ruckman considered a future leader of the club)
I think it's great that you're trying to look at the bright side of things mate and there's no doubt Franklin gave the club years of great service.

Now it could be that I'm a glass half empty kind bloke and I make no apologies for that, but I'm also pretty darned good at spotting traitors when I see them - and that's exactly what Lance Franklin is. Traitorous, mercenary scum.

He negotiated behind Hawthorn's back mere weeks after it lost a grand final to the very club we lost it to. Then he denied all year he had made up his mind about his plans, when it was patently obvious he had. Finally, he negotiated a deal which he MUST have realized was engineered specifically to be impossible for us to match, knowing full well Hawthorn would receive pitiful compensation for losing him.

If dealing with the reality of that situation is too difficult to cope with I understand, you're not alone among posters on the Hawthorn board and I expect many of them will need to see him running around in Sydney colours a few times (particularly against Hawthorn) before the truth finally dawns on them.

Go ahead and wish him well if it helps you feel better, but I still feel deeply aggrieved by his betrayal and wish him only failure and misfortune.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back