Teams Buffalo Bills - The Stampede

Remove this Banner Ad

Just look at Brady and Big Ben's first bowl wins, they did enough, going back to the well was what elevated them, they became focul points for their teams.

Taylor is an average to maybe above average QB, good enough to win under the right circumstances but not good enough to carry a team.

Bills.havent got that swagger, they've had it here and there but haven't been able to maintain its this is really the strongest the team has been for years in that respect.

So Taylor + McDermott is good enough to get to the post season, the D carried a lot this year the offense did enough to keep them fresh enough most games to be effective and the offense did enough on the scoreboard to help win games.

That next level though is believing your QB can dig you out of a hole and everyone playing like it which funnily enough lessens the actual load on the QB, but they seem to have to do it themselves a few times every year to keep that mojo going

All very valid points.
And certainly a good or bad playoffs performance will strongly influence people's interpretation of Taylor's time as a Bill, and whether he can become above average whilst the rest of the team gradually improves, or if he will always be average and we must find upgrade.

No doubt the D has been the major strength this season, but games like Denver, Oakland, first Miami game have shown that the O can lead from the front and pull out the win, in particular TT.
This weekend might be an awesome defensive battle, or we may surrender to the superior Jags defence, like Ravens did in London for example. Need a D performance like the Atlanta/KC games, but also O at a higher level.

I thinking (hoping) that it will closer than people expect.

Jags have been stagnant on offence the last two weeks. Our secondary is good at turnovers and Bortles has been good at throwing them.

Jags aren't great at stopping the run so we'll need a big day on the ground (get well real soon Shady) and no turnovers. The usual stuff.

It's going to be a case of whose weakness is the strongest.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

I thinking (hoping) that it will closer than people expect.

Jags have been stagnant on offence the last two weeks. Our secondary is good at turnovers and Bortles has been good at throwing them.

Jags aren't great at stopping the run so we'll need a big day on the ground (get well real soon Shady) and no turnovers. The usual stuff.

It's going to be a case of whose weakness is the strongest.

Absolutely. Given this season I'm not surprised by any result any week, especially not Blake Bortles in a playoff match.
Can easily see either side winning by 15-20 points. Jags are a different team the past couple of weeks and I'm hoping it persists another week!

couple of days old but I only just saw it
View attachment 448985

Not sure what the point of preseason predictions by so called experts is.
Mugs like us can guess but it’s pretty much always a mirror of the previous season. No one picks the rising/falling teams! They did well with the AFCN otherwise extremely far off haha.

So can we trade up and get Rosen?

Pleeeeeaseee

Let’s see how TT goes in the playoff first yeah?
If not great then would agree with QB in round 1 otherwise as previously highlighted need to bolster OL, DT etc!

Tyrod was ******* disgraceful and has played his last game in Buffalo.

Best result, because Pats would molest us.

Tyrod was ******* disgraceful and has played his last game in Buffalo.

Best result, because Pats would molest us.
no best result would have been to beat Doug's team on our way to a fairy tale Hollywood style super bowl win against all odds

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As disappointed as I am in today's loss, can't help but feel it was a successful season. To make the playoffs after trading away some stars is quite an accomplishment. And to be accused of tanking...

Tyrod cops a fair bit here but he is the best QB we've had for 15 years and despite his limitations, he's in the top half in the league. Not sure if he's coming back, his cap number is pretty big. I think he's done well for us.

5 picks in the first 100 of the Draft, a fair amount of cap space, perhaps a top five secondary that's not very old. A team full of guys who don't take plays off.

There's a belief there for the first time in a long time.

I was impressed with the resilience of the team and the coach, after the Chargers blowout and QB controversy there was every chance the whole season could have gone to s**t.

You guys should be proud that the team stuck together and battled hard from then on to make the playoffs.

Couple of things here and there in the second half this morning and you could have easily won that game.

As disappointed as I am in today's loss, can't help but feel it was a successful season. To make the playoffs after trading away some stars is quite an accomplishment. And to be accused of tanking...

Tyrod cops a fair bit here but he is the best QB we've had for 15 years and despite his limitations, he's in the top half in the league. Not sure if he's coming back, his cap number is pretty big. I think he's done well for us.

5 picks in the first 100 of the Draft, a fair amount of cap space, perhaps a top five secondary that's not very old. A team full of guys who don't take plays off.

There's a belief there for the first time in a long time.

All I would add is that the year is a waste if we don't get the draft & trade period right. And we need a better QB, that is no longer up for debate. Whether it's a Smith, Cousins, Bradford or a rookie - we need something better than TT.

Bills fired OC Rick Dennison.

Dennison lasted just one season as the Bills' offensive play-caller under first-year coach Sean McDermott. The Bills were 29th in total yards under Dennison, 22nd in points per game, and 31st in passing. Buffalo did manage a sixth-place finish in rushing offense, but it wasn't enough to save Dennison his job. A Gary Kubiak disciple, Dennison has been involved in a ton of great rushing offenses. And it's hard to fault him for the passing struggles when there were no weapons to speak of, though Dennison very much could have done a better job designing an offense to cater to Tyrod Taylor's strengths. The Bills will likely usher in a new quarterback to go along with whoever they choose as offensive coordinator.

Source: Vic Carucci on Twitter

I wish Tyrod all the best - he broke the playoff drought, he had plenty of detractors and proved many wrong, and seemed like an all-round excellent guy.
Unfortunately not enough to get us to be a real threat in the league, so move on he must.

Off to the Browns - would've been nice to go to an NFC team instead but that's ok.
Garoppolo = 2nd rounder
A.Smith = 3rd rounder + good player
Tyrod for 3rd seems about right, especially given it will be the first pick of that round.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back