Bye bye Clarkson

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes well and I also don't agree with getting rid of the coach. But I now honestly believe he isn't interested in winning currently.
Personally I'm only really interested in what the end outcome is. I'll judge his tenure closer to the end of his contract.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Nows the time to proritise longer term improvement over shorter term wins.

Clarko hasn't made any deviations from that goal.
He's not going to be swayed by outside noise. That's why he's the right man for this job.

Ricky in his Shinboner blog is definitely the best source of information for us. I'd urge everyone to read.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

We almost moved to the Gold Coast (saved by the efforts of those whose hard work is currently being dismantled).

Hawthorn, Melbourne, Dogs, Saints, Port have all been in relatively recent trouble.

They were throwing tarps over footy park in 2012.

Where are we travelling now to play “home” games to make our ledger look reasonable? Especially with this garbage style of football nobody wants to see.

I think you’re the one being naive.
Rubbish. The AFL came to NMFC with a proposal, and we right said no thanks. And that’s as far as is got. Unlike Fitzroy which had no choice and had to merge to save a little bit of their history left. Your interpretation of what happened is so far off the mark it’s laughable.

Rubbish. The AFL came to NMFC with a proposal, and we right said no thanks. And that’s as far as is got. Unlike Fitzroy which had no choice and had to merge to save a little bit of their history left. Your interpretation of what happened is so far off the mark it’s laughable.

It took a lot of hard work and many years of proving that we could remain in the competition through various means. It took a hell of a lot.

I don’t think it’s wise to pretend that our small club didn’t have to fight hard to survive, or that we’re not in the same ball park as the clubs I’ve mentioned who had questions of their existence asked. I’m not comparing us directly to Fitzroy, but we should watch our step. When we’re not getting marquee games, attracting/retaining top tier players, we risk falling in a hole with this woeful brand of football. What kid wants to choose us? It’s been half a decade.

That is not reality.

0-10 we are not far off Fitzroy.
Thought yesterdays effort & structure was a lot better .
But I can’t see us winning a game still till round 21 vs the Tigs

Ummm it seems posters on this page has very short memories.

I believe back in 2020, almost everyone of you on bf is calling for a total purge of the list to properly rebuild.

Ummm, we did exactly that and more, we have thoroughly purged the list of old stagnant playerse by the end of 2023.

If someone at the end of 2020 looked at our list today, most would be smiling at the age profile of the current list.

This is year 0 of a full season under clarkson with his own team.

So how would you judge laidley and scott?

Laidley 8.5/10 for what he dealt with.

Scott 5/10- a 7 for what he did with what inherited, but minus 2 off that for what he left.

If you look at both their records, it’s uncannily similar even down to year by year. I’m left with the feeling that Laidley overachieved out of a rat infested dog box, Scott underachieved after he was handed the keys to a palace by comparison. And the club was left perhaps even worse than the one Laidley walked into once Brad was finished.

Arguably.
The next bloke had no chance.

I give him credit for the fact that he wasn’t allowed to bottom out during his tenure. But in the end, well… We did anyway. Due partly to his decisions.

Scott 5/10- a 7 for what he did with what inherited, but minus 2 off that for what he left.

If you look at both their records, it’s uncannily similar even down to year by year. I’m left with the feeling that Laidley overachieved out of a rat infested dog box, Scott underachieved after he was handed the keys to a palace by comparison. And the club was left perhaps even worse than the one Laidley walked into once Brad was finished.

Arguably.

I give him credit for the fact that he wasn’t allowed to bottom out during his tenure. But in the end, well… We did anyway. Due partly to his decisions.

The list Scott/Shaw left was the worst by far.

Pagan left a solid list for Laidley. Laidley left an underrated list for Scott.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The list Scott/Shaw left was the worst by far.

Pagan left a solid list for Laidley. Laidley left an underrated list for Scott.

I agree. I also think Laidley got really good things out of average players whereas Scott seemed to get average things out of what should have been good players. For all the facilities he had that Laidley didn’t, I feel we didn’t get anywhere near the potential out of what Bard had.

Maybe in the early 00’s, doing it tougher gave our players grit and determination that some of the more recent ones never found.

You still haven't posted where Sonja Hood indicated that having Clarko would help attract talent? Also Fitzroy went 1-21 in 1996 and got mauled by 15-20 goals WIWO so actually yeah, we are pretty far off that

You still haven't posted where Sonja Hood indicated that having Clarko would help attract talent? Also Fitzroy went 1-21 in 1996 and got mauled by 15-20 goals WIWO so actually yeah, we are pretty far off that

They beat Freo and then played us next week in a danger game

We won by 109 points

Arguably.

So the bottoming out was needed by your final statement?

We held off bottoming out for like 20 years so when we did, it was the mother of all bottoming out.

The closest purge wasn't even a footy one but the stalin purge of soviet russia of 1936.

So the bottoming out was needed by your final statement?

We held off bottoming out for like 20 years so when we did, it was the mother of all bottoming out.

The closest purge wasn't even a footy one but the stalin purge of soviet russia of 1936.

Stalin at least had a few 5 year plans in all the horror he caused. What’s ours?

A question like that isn’t so weird. We’re a small club that will possibly be 0-23, we don’t resemble an AFL organisation and it’s happened to others.
You’d have your head up your own arse if you believe thats a chance. TV rights deals require 18 teams to play. Impossible to fold, then there is the 19 teams. It works in advance. Lol fold

Stalin at least had a few 5 year plans in all the horror he caused. What’s ours?
We're 18 months into it, have turned the list (and footy department) over and drafted a heap of young talls and players with skill or athleticism. That's a start isn't it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back