Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 1, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea FC, West Perth, All Blacks
1366815326-cod-ghosts-ps3.jpg

...Is the rumoured title of the next installment into the Call of Duty franchise.

I told myself I wouldn't do this as I've lost almost all interest in the series, but with the rumours/leaks that have flown around in the past few days, and with it being THAT time of the year again this thread had to be started. So let's get the ball rolling.

It started with this:

Then over the past week a few more events have transpired and images have surfaced:

IGN has just posted an image similar to last years leaked Black Ops 2 marketing material that suggest the next Call of Duty will be revealed on or by May 1st. Additionally, marketing material is expected to hit stores this Monday (April 29th) so expect tons of leaks in regards to pre-order posters and marketing signs to pop up around then.
Prediction 1: it should be noted that last year’s GameStop leak indicated May 2nd which was the start of the pre-order campaign, the Black Ops 2 trailer was actually released a day before the leaked marketing date. So it’s possible we might see a trailer/reveal this Tuesday April 30th instead..
Prediction 2: Last year, GameStop received Black Ops 2 marketing on April 20th, posters then went up April 23rd when the teaser site launched, a week before the trailer(5/1/12) saying to “return for debriefing” in one week (5/2/12) to preorder…
20130426-112015.jpg

http://www.charlieintel.com/2013/04/26/gamestop-leak-suggest-ghosts-reveal-on-may-1st/

It’s that time of year, an announcement for the new Call of Duty is expected any day now (according to our sources) so we have been on high alert for any possible leaks. It seems the first *possible* leak is coming from online retailer “TESCO Direct” in the form of ‘Call of Duty: Ghosts’. Pay no attention to the release date or price as it’s possibly a placeholder since the retailer still might not know.

20130424-070932-574x400.jpg

Tesco has put the listings back up (with the box art for Xbox 360) and have put out what seems to be the official description of the game:

photo-1.jpg
http://www.charlieintel.com/2013/04...cast-and-next-generation-call-of-duty-engine/

Target in the U.S also released this piece of promotional material:

20130424-111502.jpg

http://www.charlieintel.com/2013/04...f-duty-ghost-listing-appears-on-tesco-direct/

Is it real:
We think it is… Based on how many sites picked it up yesterday and the quality of the hi-res image we feel its authentic. Timing is about right for a leak to happen not to mention we’ve never seen the background image on the box art before.
Skull Balaclava (mask):
Any Modern Warfare 2 fan should instantly recognize the man is pulling down (or up) a skull balaclava which is signature of MW2′s iconic character “Ghost”.

Title:
The title is plural as in multiple “Ghost”. We can asume 2 scenarios, this is a sequal to MW3 in which someone or some new team dawns the famous Ghost mask in honor of their fallen brother, OR it’s a prequel of some kind which might be a back story for the original Ghost and possibly his “squad of Ghosts”. Although, as @_N7_ pointed out, Simon “Ghost” Riley’s backstory was already covered in the MW2 comic books.

Developer:
The most common question asked was “I thought Neversoft was developing the next Call of Duty?”. This was an old rumor and people assumed they were because of how the Call of Duty logo is featured on the Neversoft web site. Again, we can assume 2 possible scenarios, either they are but this game isnt it, or they’re only assisting in a supporting role like Ravensoft did for MW3. It should also be noted that the Infinity Ward logo on the box is their brand new and redesigned logo…

Setting:
This one is up in the air. The leak that began with Drift0r suggest Ghosts will be set in the future with modern weapons. The box art doesnt include weapons, only a common used type of military glove so it’s impossible to tell. It’s very possible it’s set in the future just like MW3 was, most people forget that the MW3′s story takes place in 2017.

Systems:
We all know how Call of Duty is multiplatform. It’s almost a sure bet that Ghosts will release on PC, portables, and or mobile devices. The million dollar question is “will Ghosts make an appearence on Xbox 720 or PS4?”. We have no clue, just because only 2 box art images leaked doesnt mean it wont. Theres a good bet we might find out on May 21st when the next-gen Xbox is revealed OR durring the Microsoft E3 press conference on June 10th.

http://www.charlieintel.com/2013/04/25/analyzing-the-call-of-duty-ghosts-box-art-and-rumors/

A Spanish retailer called “Xtralife.es” has just posted listings for Call of Duty: Ghosts for the Xbox 360, PS3, PC, and Wii U. So far, Tesco Direct has only showed PS3/Xbox 360. The release date shown on this is most likely a placeholder till further notice. The retailer is taking preorders now for the game, though Activison has not officially announced it.

Screen-Shot-2013-04-28-at-1.33.07-PM-610x400.png

UPDATE: The listings for Ghosts has been removed from the site.

in all seriousness though will not touch this unless it has dedicated servers and a new engine (which is a certainty i'd say for new engine).

i can accept the bs streaks and s**t but not lag comp so it's dedicated servers or nothing from me.

like wii said BF4 and KZ4 will easily cover my fps fix if those desires of mine aren't met.

So I'm guessing the Ghost perk will be in the game? :p

It'll go one step further where every perk has ghost attached to it

Sleight of hand : reload faster while hidden from enemy radar
Lightweight : Move faster while hidden from enemy radar

Ghost perk with added ghost perk will turn you into an actual ghost that can only be killed by special shotgun rounds that dont unlock until 15th prestige. Ghost perk users can posses other players and use their own killstreaks against them.

Doesn't sound too far fetched given that its unbalanced IW we're talking about here ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It'll go one step further where every perk has ghost attached to it

Sleight of hand : reload faster while hidden from enemy radar
Lightweight : Move faster while hidden from enemy radar

Ghost perk with added ghost perk will turn you into an actual ghost that can only be killed by special shotgun rounds that dont unlock until 15th prestige. Ghost perk users can posses other players and use their own killstreaks against them.

Doesn't sound too far fetched given that its unbalanced IW we're talking about here ;)

how-about-no-bear.jpg

New engine for PS4 and dedicated servers and i might be interested. Another tweaked engine and/or p2p garbage connections then BF4 and KZ4 will have my PS4 shooter fix well and truly covered.

Get off the fence and go cold turkey.

Better for your health. :thumbsu:

Note to those looking at the possibility of new engine and dedicated servers being a CoD fix for next gen.

IW have used the same engine but gotten progressively worse through MW1, 2, & 3. Do you honestly trust them to get a handle on an untested and foreign engine for their studio?

Same goes for hardware, IW have used the same Xbox 360's and PS3's but gotten progressively worse through MW1, 2, & 3. Do you honestly trust them to get a handle on an untested and foreign hardware for their studio?

Same goes for servers, IW have used the same P2P hosting algorithms but gotten progressively worse through MW1, 2, & 3. Do you honestly trust them to get a handle on an untested and foreign hardware for their studio?

Nope. It may go close, but it won't move the units in 24 hours that COD does/will

The only thing that might stop GTA from beating COD is the fact that it is launching on 360 & PS3 only. I think the world will rise to see what Rockstar North has created.

The only thing that might stop GTA from beating COD is the fact that it is launching on 360 & PS3 only. I think the world will rise to see what Rockstar North has created.

TBH, the units that the PC edition sells is nothing but a drop in the ocean compared to console for COD. It won't make a difference IMO

But i want GTA sooooooooo much more than COD Ghosts

TBH, the units that the PC edition sells is nothing but a drop in the ocean compared to console for COD. It won't make a difference IMO

But i want GTA sooooooooo much more than COD Ghosts

I think we're reaching a tipping point for COD. Not so much that it's over, more so that is has reached optimum sales. I don't think Ghosts or whatever it ends up being called breaks any records previously set.

Which is also why I see GTAV out doing it this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back