Callan Ward - Part 2 - Officially gone to GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Lets all please remember he is likely to sign a 4 year deal and he is one who is close to his family and the region.

So in four years time when he is again out of contract and the dogs put their hands up to get him back....and GWS can only offer him what we are offering him.....will you all have the same attitude when a 26/27 year old gun midfielder is available ????

TAKE EMOTION OF IT AND REALISE HE MADE THE RIGHT DECISION FOR HIS FUTURE !!! OUR WINDOW WILL BE OPENING IN 3 to 4 YEARS SO HE MAY BE ONE THAT JUMPS THROUGH IT !

I'm sick of seeing people talking about this! How will we get him back with the variables of not even knowing what draft picks we will/won't have, what our playing list will be like, what our salary cap will be like, etc, etc? Quite frankly, now that he's gone, as far as I am concerned he is a FORMER player, who is extremely unlikely to ever appear in our colours again. The vitriol that I will pour forth at him next year will most probably give me a heart attack, so I am considering starting a movement to attack him physically with something each time he plays against us - like marshmallows, or old cut up credit cards....

Interesting. That would imply there's not much resentment from the playing group.

What would we have expected from them? They have stood for nothing and delivered nothing. A group completely in it for themselves, pretending to be superstars because they've read "professional football for dummies." Kings of Spin. Moreso aimed at our leaders all the way to the top office. A Club where Higgins and Gia are considered leaders is proof enough that this is a problem - its all huff and puff.

Dalhaus' attitude and exuberance for the game and the jumper should be standard. But to us is something unheard of and gets us all up and about. From some of the responses here even the fans have caught the bug, they must follow Callan Ward FC, not the FFC.

Re: Callan Ward - Part 2

GWS simply deny any agreement has been made. Its the club word against the players. That is insufficent evidence to take any action.

In this case Phil Davis would simply withdraw his statement, saying it was a miscommunication between himself and his manager. The manager made on offer to the club who then said they would consider it. Davis misunderstood it has meaning a deal was done. No breach of the rules here.

The AFL will not do anything anyway, the AFL is GWS

I'm sick of seeing people talking about this! How will we get him back with the variables of not even knowing what draft picks we will/won't have, what our playing list will be like, what our salary cap will be like, etc, etc? Quite frankly, now that he's gone, as far as I am concerned he is a FORMER player, who is extremely unlikely to ever appear in our colours again. The vitriol that I will pour forth at him next year will most probably give me a heart attack, so I am considering starting a movement to attack him physically with something each time he plays against us - like marshmallows, or old cut up credit cards....

LOL! :thumbsu::p

Thanks for making me smile again.

Go after Jaeger O'Meara with the compo picks.

So he can move home in 2 years time?

We can't keep a bloke who grew up next door - why would we waste the compo on someone from the other side of the country?

John Butcher, please.

What i don't understand is why you wouldn't want to make our team better. If there is a chance to get any good player, and we didn't everyone would be saying our crap we are. I don't care who it is, we should be looking at every possibility of getting a decent player into our club.

It shits me to tears that he has gone as well but we have to think for the better of the club and screw others as they would do to us. Lets collect our compensation and get Ward back when he is in his prime. Lets not be greedy pricks and not want him back just because he left you.

Its not about all our feelings, its about success and doing what ever it takes to get ity.

why in the hell would you waste 2 valuable compo picks on a trade now, I would be livid if the clubs traded it unless it is a bonafied elite talent.

Those 2 picks will go a long well to finishing our rebuild come 2012 super draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lets all please remember he is likely to sign a 4 year deal and he is one who is close to his family and the region.

So in four years time when he is again out of contract and the dogs put their hands up to get him back....and GWS can only offer him what we are offering him.....will you all have the same attitude when a 26/27 year old gun midfielder is available ????

TAKE EMOTION OF IT AND REALISE HE MADE THE RIGHT DECISION FOR HIS FUTURE !!! OUR WINDOW WILL BE OPENING IN 3 to 4 YEARS SO HE MAY BE ONE THAT JUMPS THROUGH IT !

The old saying "you can never go home again" seems apt in this situation. Apart from the fact that many of his teammates will be gone and the fact that he turned his back on our club, will we have already moved on sufficiently to even need him back. And more pessimistically, whose to say he won't just go to the highest Victorian bidder, he has already shown form in taking money above everything else and living in Yarraville/Seddon isn't much of a drive to anywhere in Melbourne.

I think if you guys are expecting 2 1st round draft picks you will be disappointed.

The money Ward is estimated to be getting isn't too dissimilar to that which Bock, Rishi and Brennan were offered - and they got end of 1st round draft picks. (Tier 3 Compo)

Given age is a factor - I would be surprised if your compo wasn't solely a 1st round pick (Tier 2 Compo) after your first selection - most likely used in 2012.

I think if you guys are expecting 2 1st round draft picks you will be disappointed.

The money Ward is estimated to be getting isn't too dissimilar to that which Bock, Rishi and Brennan were offered - and they got end of 1st round draft picks. (Tier 3 Compo)

Given age is a factor - I would be surprised if your compo wasn't solely a 1st round pick (Tier 2 Compo) after your first selection - most likely used in 2012.

rischitelli was offered 500-600k? brennan was a trade not a uncontracted signing so he is irrelevant. Given Ward is getting around 875k and is younger than riska I'd think we have a chance at band 1 with band 2 being a minimum.

Re: Callan Ward - Part 2

Non exhastusive evidence that could be used;
1) A credible third party witness
2) Documentation, e.g. signed agreement dated prior to the ending of the season
3) A recording of conversation between the Club and player management.

Their is no reason for the negotation to have been carried out in front a third party. 2) and 3) would require the co-operation of the player/manager and they almost certainly wouldn't co-operatate.

Yes but unfortunately without corroborating evidence it can't be proven one way or the other.

Stuff like this will happen to GC somewhere down the track.

I think you'll read things differently when they happen to your club..

Or will it be a case of "...but it can't happen to us!"...

I think it's time the poorer clubs to make a stand. A mob mentality has to happen if Ward and probably Scully get away this then what's to stop the next young gun in an unsuccessful side doing the same thing? Especially with free agency coming in.

Anyone who supports a struggling side should be at GWS first game in Victoria and make sure that everyone knows that these whores have made a mistake, they should have the feeling that they will be lucky to come out alive when they visit Victoria.

I've never been more concerned for the state of us poorer clubs and I've been through the merger. I hope I'm wrong but I just see our clubs as feeder clubs to the rich and powerful clubs and the franchies with money to burn.

Does anyone What time is Callan is facing the media to announce this? :rolleyes:
Does he have the balls? :mad:

Come
Up
Next
Tuesday!

Look on GWS website said there will be a conference at Breakfast Point at 11am on Wensday.

Im not disappointed at the club for Ward leaving, They did all they could but i am pissed off for them playing him in round 24 when they knew he was gone. Also people saying they hope he comes back. Well i don't. If he did love the club he would have put in a better effort against freo instead of playing his worst game for the club.

Bye Bye Ward.

I agree with Boydsno1 the club couldn't do any more, if they matched teh GWS offer there goes some of our other young guns in a few years.

I think now we will have some serious money up our sleeves, chase another young gun. Butcher would be a great option, if you can't get someone who looks like a star i hope they use the picks wisely.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back