Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 9, 2001
Preston
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawthorn, Manningham Cobras
Hi guys,

just a quickie. Was there ever a player named Lincoln Reynolds (Joel's brother) at the Bulldogs? If there was, what sort of player was he?

Cheers,

Rusty

Originally posted by Rusty Brookes
Hi guys,
just a quickie. Was there ever a player named Lincoln Reynolds (Joel's brother) at the Bulldogs? If there was, what sort of player was he?
Cheers,
Rusty

Rusty, yes there was. Lincoln was a tall utility who the dogs got on the supp list. Never made it to the senior list.
I think his kicking skills or lack of possibly what stopped him from going any further.
About 190cm from my recollection .

Cheers, for that Old School. My sister has a fridge magnet of Lincoln in Bulldogs gear: she called me to ask about him. The funny thing is Lincoln is now her next door neighbour!

OldSchool, you sure about him never making the list?

My recollection is that 3 times in the season he was named as an emergency for the firsts but never played seniors, then at the end of the year he was delisted. I never did figure that out - apparently seen as good enough to be in our top 25 but then without being given a chance was assessed as not in our top 40.

Not sure of the year but it was in the period when we played at Optus. Maybe he was elevated to the list through injury to another player (Dimma doing an accuracy muscle? Forget the rolleyes just ignore it)

Originally posted by Mr. Walker
OldSchool, you sure about him never making the list?

My recollection is that 3 times in the season he was named as an emergency for the firsts but never played seniors, then at the end of the year he was delisted. I never did figure that out - apparently seen as good enough to be in our top 25 but then without being given a chance was assessed as not in our top 40.

Not sure of the year but it was in the period when we played at Optus. Maybe he was elevated to the list through injury to another player (Dimma doing an accuracy muscle? Forget the rolleyes just ignore it)

You might be right but your recollection sounds more like Shaun Tinsley to me.He was elevated from the rookie list along with Contessa and was also named as an emergency a few times but never played senior football.
I'll have to check some records

PS, good one about Dimma :) You just know it will get a bite

Hi guys,

Cheers,

Rusty

hey rusty!! yes there was a guy called lincoln reynolds, i think he was a good player but they never really gave him a chance.... he was such a cool guy to talk to, he would make u feel welcome whenever u talked to him... he was a lil HOTTIE too :p

Cheers, for that Old School. My sister has a fridge magnet of Lincoln in Bulldogs gear: she called me to ask about him. The funny thing is Lincoln is now her next door neighbour!

hehe... we have his magnet on our fridge too:D where does ur sis live???? might have to give her a visit :p

As everyone has said, yeah he was on our list, for one year, 1998. He was my fav player. I wrote to terry wallace to ask him why they got rid of him, and he wrote back saying "In our opinion eventhough Lincoln was a quality player, we did not believe he could take us to the next level".

I thought he may have been a player that we needed, tall, strong, and to me he looked like he could be a pretty good player,but since terry was coach i knew he wouldnt make it cause he was young, and terry didnt play the young guys much.

I saw him in north melbourne the other week and he looks as fit as ever.

Lincoln Reynolds and Christian Macri were on our supp list and were competing for the same spot on the senior list.

Brian Royal recomended Macri as he had coached him at Bairnsdale and he got the gig.

Dont remember Reynolds being on our senior list though.

reynolds

I don't think Lincoln Reynolds is Joel reynold's brother, I think he is a cousin.
At the Bulldogs his nickname was "The Missing Link!"

Originally posted by OldSchool
You might be right but your recollection sounds more like Shaun Tinsley to me.He was elevated from the rookie list along with Contessa and was also named as an emergency a few times but never played senior football.

Thinking about it you are probably right.

Nope Lincoln never made it on to the senior list... I think there may have been an issue with his attitude. I know that there were a few senior players who didn't like it.

As for the guy being on the emergency list it was Shaun Tinsley. Apparently he came pretty close to selection a few times...although thats another story.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back