Prediction Can Essendon Win the Premiership in 2017?

Can Essendon Win the Premiership in 2017?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

If we have a good season injuries wise, players really crash in, great depth now, why not? The talent is there.
Backline is elite.
Mids bat to about 13 dudes who can run through. If they can consistently be on top stopping service to opp forwards?????
With guys back and those blooded this year, plus Stewart a JD clone agility wise, the forward line will be better, especially with better delivery from returnees although I can only see about 5 getting regular games.
As I say why not? Liking the way the mids are training.

If we do win the flag....

Y3MmKM0.gif

Ok, so let's spin this another way. Dons are currently $26 to 1 for the flag according to mafiabet.com, equal 9th with Melbourne and the Scampaigners.

What will be the lowest odds for the flag we'll reach during 2017? For bonus beers, what month?

I'll go with 15/1, in both late April and early September.:$

(In b4 $26/1, in February).

Ok, so let's spin this another way. Dons are currently $26 to 1 for the flag according to mafiabet.com, equal 9th with Melbourne and the Scampaigners.

What will be the lowest odds for the flag we'll reach during 2017? For bonus beers, what month?

$1.01 in late September.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

$11 when we make the 8

Absolutely not.

In saying that, I am more than ok with someone bumping this post and pointing out how wrong I was. This is one time I would be thrilled to be wrong.

Maybe but at this stage I see us being a fair way behind Western Bulldogs, Sydney, Geelong, GWS then there are a group of clubs such as Hawthorn, Adelaide & WCE that we may be close to catching but maybe not this year.

We should finish inside the top twelve, below that and this season will be a disappointment.

If we have a good season injuries wise, players really crash in, great depth now, why not? The talent is there.
Backline is elite.
Mids bat to about 13 dudes who can run through. If they can consistently be on top stopping service to opp forwards?????
With guys back and those blooded this year, plus Stewart a JD clone agility wise, the forward line will be better, especially with better delivery from returnees although I can only see about 5 getting regular games.
As I say why not? Liking the way the mids are training.

Boy some pretty basic, obvious stuff there from Bluey. Obviously had to dumb it down for the people at home. When he asked why it was desirable to move the ball from a contested to an uncontested situation its like the players were too embarrassed to answer.

Maybe but at this stage I see us being a fair way behind Western Bulldogs, Sydney, Geelong, GWS then there are a group of clubs such as Hawthorn, Adelaide & WCE that we may be close to catching but maybe not this year.

We should finish inside the top twelve, below that and this season will be a disappointment.

Not sure about that. Apart from the first qrt where they got the jump on us the rest of the game was pretty much even imo also should have beaten GWS we are not far off as you think.

Dogs had 1 good month that's it. The only win I gave them credit for was beating WC in Perth in a final. imo they were lucky that Issac Smith missed and GWS are still wet behind the ears.
They finished 15-7 dude, with a horrendous injury run. One good month is just plain wrong and you know it. ;)

I'm not even going to go there as far as the comment about Smith goes!

They finished 15-7 dude, with a horrendous injury run. One good month is just plain wrong and you know it. ;)

I'm not even going to go there as far as the comment about Smith goes!

Fair enough just my opinion I wouldn't be surprised if we beat the Dogs next season also the Dogs winning the flag gives me great hope that we can achieve the ultimate.

Last edited:
Also why cant Essendon win the flag next season? no one thought the Dogs would and look what happened.

What the Dogs showed this year is it doesn't matter how you make the 8 it's how you play in finals.

Before the start of last season the Dogs were seen by some as a top four side, the real surprise this year wasn't what they produced but was the Freo flop and the Hawks fade.

Back