Can Port win a premiership under Ken Hinkley?

Remove this Banner Ad

Kenny will happily retire in South Oz when he's done with football.

They won't be able to get rid of the guy!!

Big test for Ken next week at Kardinia Park
The type of game that can really spark their season.
And passed with flying colours.

That looked like Ken Hinkley football. Very sharp and full-hearted. Conversion makes a huge difference. They are just about top of the league for the expected score differential so far this season.

If they can back it up in finals he might even get some of their supporters back on board.

Will cement their place in the top 4 after the next 2 weeks then a big match against Carlron before the bye.

If they knock off Carlton.... Wowee the lid will be off

Kenny did one of footyballs impossibles. Out coached Chris Scott AND belted Geelong in Geelong.

Kenny is king

They came with a plan and executed it perfectly last night. It was pretty amazing that first half. Geelong were shell shocked. One of the most under-appreciated coaches out there. If Port sack him, mark my words he will be back at Geelong and will teach Scotty a thing or two. Whether as a senior coach or as an assistant, Ken would be a great acquisition for any club, and no, I'm not kidding. I seriously rate him as a coach and relationship builder. One of the best blokes in football, and a great footy brain too. images (40).jpeg

Last edited:
What a game to sum up the Ken Hinkley era, flashes of brilliance, some stars being stars, then putting the handbrake on and it all going to s**t, in front of his home fans, in a game with no expectations during May, his favourite part of the season to win games. Hand him his severance cheque tomorrow and he misses the games with no premiership record held by a couple, and he walks away with another "almost". Couldn't be more fitting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seriously what more do power fans want.

They went on record win streak last year
And they finally win at the cattery after 10+ years
Kenny wins multiple coach of the year awards

Ungrateful power fans. Clowns that back power as victims should take a look at gold coast and north currently
I have to Admit, its not easy beating the cats in Geelong.

Ken is amazing and I hope he coaches Port forever and ever

Funny thing is at this point even if he snagged a flag, the Port fans would still hate him
60% win rate and makes finals regularly with middling squads. Very admirable stuff really.

What a game to sum up the Ken Hinkley era, flashes of brilliance, some stars being stars, then putting the handbrake on and it all going to s**t, in front of his home fans, in a game with no expectations during May, his favourite part of the season to win games. Hand him his severance cheque tomorrow and he misses the games with no premiership record held by a couple, and he walks away with another "almost". Couldn't be more fitting.
You hung on to beat a flying Geelong team in Geelong for the first time in 17 years. But you can't even bring yourself to enjoy a great win... You prefer find fault with Hinkley and babble on about "no premierships" after the Round 9 victory.

I'm really sorry for that Hinkley could win a Grand Final for you last Friday night. Maybe you should follow the Thunderbirds instead. It's only an 8 team comp. I'm sure the ladies can make you happy and give you premierships that you believe are owed to you.

I'll happily test that theory out, but it won't happen, that's the point
That's the spirit. You are one of the true believers.

Every footy club needs supporters like you. The passionate one-eyed fans who show blind faith and get behind their boys, no matter what. The diehards who give up on their team who are in 6th place in a wide open flag race.

Good barracking, ya Port Puke. :rolleyes:

You hung on to beat a flying Geelong team in Geelong for the first time in 17 years. But you can't even bring yourself to enjoy a great win... You prefer find fault with Hinkley and babble on about "no premierships" after the Round 9 victory.

I'm really sorry for that Hinkley could win a Grand Final for you last Friday night. Maybe you should follow the Thunderbirds instead. It's only an 8 team comp. I'm sure the ladies can make you happy and give you premierships that you believe are owed to you.
Let me know the next time Hawthorn keep a coach for 12 years without even making a GF & we'll talk.

Let me know the next time Hawthorn keep a coach for 12 years without even making a GF & we'll talk.
Yeah, good onya

Have a sook because you haven't won a flag since 2004

Tell that to the Bulldogs fans who waited 62 YEARS for their 2nd ever premiership
Tell that to the Dees fans who waited 57 years to win finally win another flag.

I never saw their fans throw in the towel like all you Port babies, or slag off their coaches like Daniher and Eade... guys who couldn't ultimately deliver a flag, but (like Hinkley) were competent coaches who got their teams within striking distance on multiple occasions

I can't even believe I have these conversations with you lot. You're a waste of time. You are the worst "supporters" in the league. A bunch of sad flogs who give all the true Port fans a bad name

Yeah, good onya

Have a sook because you haven't won a flag since 2004

Tell that to the Bulldogs fans who waited 62 YEARS for their 2nd ever premiership
Tell that to the Dees fans who waited 57 years to win finally win another flag.

I never saw their fans throw in the towel like all you Port babies, or slag off their coaches like Daniher and Eade... guys who couldn't ultimately deliver a flag, but (like Hinkley) were competent coaches who got their teams within striking distance on multiple occasions

I can't even believe I have these conversations with you lot. You're a waste of time. You are the worst "supporters" in the league. A bunch of sad flogs who give all the true Port fans a bad name
Look you imbecile it's not about throwing in the towel it's about moving people on that are not capable of achieving what every club wants.

The body of evidence says a resounding NO to Hinkley and has for a number of years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back