Can we start a campaign to get AFL off Foxtel?

Remove this Banner Ad

I have Foxtel as I like watching the games in a decent attempt at HD and without ads.

I just wish they would stream foxtel pay HD, there is no reason not to and it is annoying.
Yeah you're right although the quality for me seems pretty good? I haven't compared it to Foxtel side by side though.

Lucky you then. They should be doing that as standard. Just because you have a "special" deal does not make their normal package "quality" for the masses or unlucky ones.

I've tried many different tactics trying to get a better deal and generally get dead panned even with threat of disconnect which I actually did for 12 months.

But being that I live in NSW I need Fox footy so i can watch most games and I also enjoy some of the fox footy shows so begrudgingly took it back up.

More quality than netflix.

Being cheap doesnt make it worthwhile.

I live in Nsw to.

Think foxtel has a lot more value than netflix or stan (combined as well). That may change in the future but ita true now.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Foxtel pays something like $250 million a year for the rights.

So if you want streaming to your TV (not mobile, because that's extra), you're going to need 1 million subscribers paying $250 a year just for AFL rights. Which is $41/month for when the season is actually on. Which isn't that much cheaper than just getting Foxtel.

More quality than netflix.

Being cheap doesnt make it worthwhile.

I live in Nsw to.

Think foxtel has a lot more value than netflix or stan (combined as well). That may change in the future but ita true now.

Nah mate it really doesn't but I guess its subjective. General pop would disagree with you.

Netflix and stan has more movies (both old and new), more series, more kids "quality" shows, less cartoon network drawn by 6 year old artists shows on repeat. Like Adventure time and the regular show like wtf...

No movies at all in basic package, 30 of their 40 "channels" in basic pack are filler to give the appearance of lots of options these include fan favourites such as: Aljazeera, CNN, Sky news, Sky Weather, Sky business, Fox news, EXPOshow, China news, NHK world, BBC world news, Aurora, CGTN, APAC, CNBC, RT, TVSN, SBN, Hillsong, ACC tv, bloomberg, Sky racing, Sky thoroughbred etc.

If didn't know better I would say you are a Foxtel employee or rep.

Foxtel pays something like $250 million a year for the rights.

So if you want streaming to your TV (not mobile, because that's extra), you're going to need 1 million subscribers paying $250 a year just for AFL rights. Which is $41/month for when the season is actually on. Which isn't that much cheaper than just getting Foxtel.

And why do you think they pay that amount for it? Because they know with their business model they would go under without it.

Nah mate it really doesn't but I guess its subjective. General pop would disagree with you.

Netflix and stan has more movies (both old and new), more series, more kids "quality" shows, less cartoon network drawn by 6 year old artists shows on repeat. Like Adventure time and the regular show like wtf...

No movies at all in basic package, 30 of their 40 "channels" in basic pack are filler to give the appearance of lots of options these include fan favourites such as: Aljazeera, CNN, Sky news, Sky Weather, Sky business, Fox news, EXPOshow, China news, NHK world, BBC world news, Aurora, CGTN, APAC, CNBC, RT, TVSN, SBN, Hillsong, ACC tv, bloomberg, Sky racing, Sky thoroughbred etc.

If didn't know better I would say you are a Foxtel employee or rep.

It does and its an opinion.

So you speak for the general pop now?

If i didnt know better i would say you work for Netflix.

Dont go down that route. Its poor.

Edit.

So you think getting every AFL NRL A-League, Internationals, Rugby (all), all the major USA sports (including wrestling), Supercar for 50 bucks (as you cant haggle) is being taken for a ride?

Think youre undervaluing the product by a long way.

You think netflix and other services would offer all that sport for your 8 dollars?

If all you want is footy, get telstra with the free AFL Live pass and youll be fine. Otherwise.

Last edited:
I personally think you could throw all the other channels in the bin and Fox Sports would be worth it for the monthly cost.

Call me a sucker or whatever, that's just the way I feel about it.

AFL footy is probably about the cheapest professional game in town in terms of admission, about $25 for a game.

With Fox I can get a whole month of every single game live (say 36 games) into my loungeroom. Plus every NRL game live. Every A League game live. Super Rugby. All the cricket tours. All the golf majors. Sky Racing. ESPN x 2 and BEIN x 3. It sucks they lost the EPL but there's still plenty of soccer content and EPL club channels.

And it's 100% reliable unlike streaming through the terrible internet we have.

For $50 - $60 a month??

Each to their own, for me it defines the term "no brainer".

It does and its an opinion.

So you speak for the general pop now?

If i didnt know better i would say you work for Netflix.

Dont go down that route. Its poor.

Edit.

So you think getting every AFL NRL A-League, Internationals, Rugby (all), all the major USA sports (including wrestling), Supercar for 50 bucks (as you cant haggle) is being taken for a ride?

Think youre undervaluing the product by a long way.

You think netflix and other services would offer all that sport for your 8 dollars?

If all you want is footy, get telstra with the free AFL Live pass and youll be fine. Otherwise.

I pay for that option at 25$ which i am happy to do, what I am not happy with is the "entertainment" pack that must accompany it at a further 25 dollars for what amounts to glorified shopping and news programs.

I personally think you could throw all the other channels in the bin and Fox Sports would be worth it for the monthly cost.

Call me a sucker or whatever, that's just the way I feel about it.

AFL footy is probably about the cheapest professional game in town in terms of admission, about $25 for a game.

With Fox I can get a whole month of every single game live (say 36 games) into my loungeroom. Plus every NRL game live. Every A League game live. Super Rugby. All the cricket tours. All the golf majors. Sky Racing. ESPN x 2 and BEIN x 3. It sucks they lost the EPL but there's still plenty of soccer content and EPL club channels.

And it's 100% reliable unlike streaming through the terrible internet we have.

For $50 - $60 a month??

Each to their own, for me it defines the term "no brainer".

So would i which is the point.

Sport pack at $25 stand alone cheers.

Hell they do that then I might even add the $25 dollar drama pack or movies pack or one of the pother packs that isn't filled with s**t.

I pay for that option at 25$ which i am happy to do, what I am not happy with is the "entertainment" pack that must accompany it at a further 25 dollars for what amounts to glorified shopping and news programs.
Except its a 50 dollar bill (if you wont haggle) which is still fair and reasonable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Except its a 50 dollar bill (if you wont haggle) which is still fair and reasonable.

IF "I" wont haggle? yes because when they flatly say no after repeated attempts at a better deal even at a higher price point, it is "I" who refuses to haggle. Couldn't even get free HD chucked in...What the?

On top of this paying $50 with enough "quality" channels I have no issue with. It is what they are forcing us to have at the 50 dollars which is my issue.

The Entertainment pack. 25 dollars worth of s**t that largely has programs no one wants to watch.

IF "I" wont haggle? yes because when they flatly say no after repeated attempts at a better deal even at a higher price point, it is "I" who refuses to haggle. Couldn't even get free HD chucked in...What the?

On top of this paying $50 with enough "quality" channels I have no issue with. It is what they are forcing us to have at the 50 dollars which is my issue.

The Entertainment pack. 25 dollars worth of s**t that largely has programs no one wants to watch.

As i stayed earlier there is plenty. Just look at the sport on offer.

50 is a bargain for all that.

I have it and agree with him. Many people have also had Foxtel at one time and deemed it s**t for price. Are they not allowed to comment either?

I disagree. There are heaps of Sports available.
$50 is chicken feed these days. Not even 10 pots of beer.
AFL
MotoGP
F1
WRC
Supercars
A-League
NRL
Union
Test Cricket
Golf

I have Foxtel as I like watching the games in a decent attempt at HD and without ads.

I just wish they would stream foxtel pay HD, there is no reason not to and it is annoying.
Foxtel Play is in HD on Telstra TV. All you need is a Telstra Community account(which is free) to activate the Telstra TV.

Rumor has it, that all other devices are going to be streamed in HD on June 4th.

N

Hey I hate Foxtel as much as the next man, but let's not bring Adventure Time into this.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back