Official Club Stuff Carlton Academy - Next Gen & Father/Son/Daughter Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

We all know the Campo boys are eligible this year, but are there any other potential father sons playing in the TAC/Nab/Coats league or whatever it’s called, that are a chance?

Add to that, any realistic NGA players? Now that Northern Knights have a decent squad, fed by a strong school, hopefully we see a few kids come through.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone know if they are a shot to be picked in the league side when the seniors start in a few weeks?
It's a big gap in terms of standards, but if they're short on outside mids and flankers, they might see a chance.

Form would need to be very consistent otherwise.

Top lads but seriously....how the hell do you not know who #30 is for the team you (apparently) support? Like WTF?!
Yeah I've got to say I wasn't overly impressed by their knowledge of the club/clubs history. It's not an issue, not everyone is a nuffy about these things (even F/S), but it definitely stood out to me.

Does anybody have a read on Jack Ison?

Carlton NGA talent who is draft eligible in 2025 alongside Tyson Gresham.

He was picked in the 2023 U16 Vic Metro side with Gresham last season, but struggling to find any info such as position or player likeness.

Any insight is appreciated.

Hoping we might have a pair of NGA talents on our hands in 2025 between the f/s trio of the Camporeale twins (2024) and Cody Walker (2026).

Just watched the SANFL under 18 game. Here's my take.

Both clearly a class above the level. Ben played about 70/30 onball/forward. Lucas about 70/30 onball/defence. Clearly their sides top 2 mids but a fair bit of rotation going on to give other guys a chance. If not they would have got 40+ touches each.

Ben more impressive for me. Better inside and more damaging. Could have easily kicked 4. Both his attempts from outside 50 hit the fence on the full so he is a long kick. Makes a few mistakes but takes the game on and tries to make things happen. Had a few wow moments.

Lucas played great too. Had 10 touches in the first 10 minutes so found the ball with ease. Was clean inside and neat with his disposal. Barely made a mistake but also more conservative then Ben with his options. I think he is the better kick of the 2 though Ben is the longer kick.

Nothing changed as far as my draft ranges. Ben looked like a mid to late 1st and Lucas a 2nd or 3rd. Ben reminds me of a smaller Bont and Lucas of Lachie Hunter. Not saying they'll be as good. Just how they move and playing style.

Hopefully both get a go in the seniors as not sure how much they'll get out of playing at this level.

Just watched the SANFL under 18 game. Here's my take.

Both clearly a class above the level. Ben played about 70/30 onball/forward. Lucas about 70/30 onball/defence. Clearly their sides top 2 mids but a fair bit of rotation going on to give other guys a chance. If not they would have got 40+ touches each.

Ben more impressive for me. Better inside and more damaging. Could have easily kicked 4. Both his attempts from outside 50 hit the fence on the full so he is a long kick. Makes a few mistakes but takes the game on and tries to make things happen. Had a few wow moments.

Lucas played great too. Had 10 touches in the first 10 minutes so found the ball with ease. Was clean inside and neat with his disposal. Barely made a mistake but also more conservative then Ben with his options. I think he is the better kick of the 2 though Ben is the longer kick.

Nothing changed as far as my draft ranges. Ben looked like a mid to late 1st and Lucas a 2nd or 3rd. Ben reminds me of a smaller Bont and Lucas of Lachie Hunter. Not saying they'll be as good. Just how they move and playing style.

Hopefully both get a go in the seniors as not sure how much they'll get out of playing at this level.
Great summary MM3 :thumbsu:

Are you able to post the link to the game? Wouldn't mind having a bit of a look myself.

Great summary MM3 :thumbsu:

Are you able to post the link to the game? Wouldn't mind having a bit of a look myself.

Just click on watch now. You need to sign up to sanfl streaming. It's 6.99 a month but you get a week free trial.

I might actually keep it after my free week is over to watch them. Commentary and camera work pretty good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back