Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc) - Part 2 (cont. in Part 3)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

yes and that's his point - neither of you have rights it seems
how it should be when it comes to sacking coaches, delisting and drafting players and bellyaching about other club stuff

I'm listening Tom and so far you are still speaking in old tongue, you do not understand the list rebuild and and the list management.

"When my dad was president we won 5 premierships, he made some small mistakes but we would strive for that success now."

He also didn't embrace the draft or the salary cap which killed us.

The board should embrace the members opinion, fair call, just like your dad did?

his point is the board has embedded itself in the constitution and the members have no say in who represents them. Sounds fair.
respect your opinion b-side but the bloke is the same entitled mini-me I used to watch sitting next to his father drinking coke and looking bored in the superboxes - he's demanding premierships like the spoilt, irksome suit he has always been

respect your opinion b-side but the bloke is the same entitled mini-me I used to watch sitting next to his father drinking coke and looking bored in the superboxes - he's demanding premierships like the spoilt, irksome suit he has always been
agree with everything you're saying but putting aside (1) who he is (2) who his dad is (3) his self interest ie who wants to be on the board, but has no chance

he is right - members ought to have more say. It's not healthy when a board is entrenched and there is no chance for members to have a say in who represents them.

That said, right now unity is important and the time for scrutiny is end of next year when we can get a better gauge on the rebuild/reset/resurrection/resuscitation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm listening Tom and so far you are still speaking in old tongue, you do not understand the list rebuild and and the list management.

"When my dad was president we won 5 premierships, he made some small mistakes but we would strive for that success now."

He also didn't embrace the draft or the salary cap which killed us.

The board should embrace the members opinion, fair call, just like your dad did?

If Tom said 5 flags then we have another accountant who cant count. Maybe he is including the seconds we did win a couple of those.

his point is the board has embedded itself in the constitution and the members have no say in who represents them. Sounds fair.
That's not correct. It is harder but challenges can still occur. They have made it harder for groups like the tiger rabble Focus on Footy in that applicants have to be vetted by a committee.

Terrific to hear the boys in long pants getting out on the front foot through the various media outlets. They’ve taken all the pressure off the players/coach.

I’m a believer.

Dare I say it, we’re garnering sympathy...imagine that, suddenly we’re everyone’s second favourite club......

These truly are the days of miracle and wonder.

Last edited:
https://www.3aw.com.au/caroline-wilson-fires-back-at-carlton/

Took her a day for her brain to kick into gear, no one could see the year ahead unless you saw the injuries. She was angry, what for 12 months, seriously, grow up lady.
What the hell..
Silvagni accused Wilson of not returning a phone call over an article surrounding Steven Trigg’s departure as chief executive.

She explained why on Tuesday night.

“I was angry,” Wilson said on Sportsday. She was angry why?? Because SOS contacted her and wanted to get the facts straight!! Lost all credibility.. If she had any left.. What a Muppet!

What the hell..
Silvagni accused Wilson of not returning a phone call over an article surrounding Steven Trigg’s departure as chief executive.

She explained why on Tuesday night.

“I was angry,” Wilson said on Sportsday. She was angry why?? Because SOS contacted her and wanted to get the facts straight!! Lost all credibility.. If she had any left.. What a Muppet!

Her articles are opinion pieces, treat them as such.

Known agitator.

We're Carlton F--- THE REST... Number 18 will be the sweetest of all.. And it's not far away boys..

Last edited:
Having now watched the SOS interview - I think it is interesting for the club to have rolled out our list manager to such public scrutiny. I think it was pretty obvious to me that SOS had a bit of a 'this wasn't part of the job description' attitude to the whole thing.

I loved the controlled aggression and in particular the way he handled Lloyd (deer in the headlights much? .... how does that guy get a media job?) - and I don't think SOS is a lover of "optics" or politics ... but felt that he does need to be careful about how he discusses our players. If you're Kerridge, Mullett, Phillips etc .... how do you feel about hearing that you're not a long term player (and therefore not important)? Not sure I like the open division between the keepers and the stop-gaps etc. What does that do to club/team culture? I'd argue that if you're on the list - no matter what - then you have to be made to feel valued.
I would be quite confident that those recruited as DFA or mature rookies would have had it made quite clear to them that they would be spending time in the VFL & their 1 or 2 year contracts are just that (FWIW I don't believe Kerridge or Phillips fall into this category, with SOS specifically referring to both Kerridge & Phillips in the interview in relation to trades). These players would see the opportunity to be back on an AFL list as a better option than heading to the State Leagues, or Local Leagues, with no misconceptions that they are going to be long term at the club, unless they took their game to a higher level than previously.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back