Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc) - Part 2 (cont. in Part 3)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
... Nope.

They're going to bring it up. Regularly. To Gibbs; Murphy; Bolton; Trigg... anyone who does a presser. And what line do we have? Nothing better than something from the horses mouth.

The line will be exactly what anyone in the AFL would already say.

Gibbs: "Carlton's a great club and I love playing footy here."
Murphy: "Gibbsy's an absolute professional, and I'm glad to have him playing alongside me."
Bolton: "Bryce is a great player and leader, and it's really important for a club to have those types of guys around. He's a really important part of our team this year."
Trigg: "We understood Bryce's situation, but the fact is Adelaide didn't value him the same as we did."

Blues support 16 Days of Activism

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2016-11-25/blues-support-16-days-of-activism

CFCActivismPic.jpg

Blues join forces with Our Watch

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2016-08-25/blues-join-forces-with-our-watch

Carlton Football Club was unveiled as one of four organisations in Victoria to spearhead a government project to prevent violence against women at work.

In a formal ceremony on Tuesday morning at The Queen Victoria Women’s Centre in Melbourne, Carlton was represented by CEO Steven Trigg, defender Ciaran Byrne and female marquee player Darcy Vescio.
Carlton joins North Melbourne Football Club, La Trobe University and Connections Uniting Care who are also taking part in the important project.

OurWatch2016Pic.jpg

Who is in charge of our website?

Just logged on to look at our list and have a bit of a browse, and there are just things that have not been updated for so long.

Click on the "football" section.

Injury list is the first thing you see. This is what it currently has listed-

Player Injury Duration
Charlie Curnow Glandular Fever. Indefinite
Levi Casboult Knee 3 weeks
Andrew Phillips Hamstring 1 week
Matthew Kreuzer Knee 3 weeks
Harry McKay Back 4 weeks
Andrew Gallucci Shoulder Season
Blaine Boekhorst Wrist 3-4 weeks

Ummmm have we time travelled back to round 8?

Shrug and move on to the player list. New players have been added in. However a lot of our current players info not updated.

They have been kind enough to take the time and put Marchbanks debut Year and round... But apparently Silvangni, Boekhurst, Cunningham, Charlie Curnow and Byrne have not debuted yet.

I know I sound like I am whining but you would think a multi million dollar organisation could get their website correct. If you have taken the time to add new players to the players list you think you would take 5 minutes to scroll down and update our current players info.

It's not a big thing but is just amature hour.

Edit- New draftees all have a link to a big write up about them but also have not been added to player list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just logged on to look at our list and have a bit of a browse, and there are just things that have not been updated for so long.

Player Injury Duration
Harry McKay Back 4 weeks

Shrug and move on to the player list. New players have been added in. However a lot of our current players info not updated.

They have been kind enough to take the time and put Marchbanks debut Year and round... But apparently Silvangni, Boekhurst, Cunningham, Charlie Curnow and Byrne have not debuted yet.

I know I sound like I am whining but you would think a multi million dollar organisation could get their website correct. If you have taken the time to add new players to the players list you think you would take 5 minutes to scroll down and update our current players info.

Edit- New draftees all have a link to a big write up about them but also have not been added to player list.

i guess we shouldnt complain, at least it is an improvement

Player Injury Duration
Harry McKay Back 4 weeks

I emailed the club about fan frustration with the website.

They replied 'let them eat cache'.

Player Injury Duration
Harry McKay Back 4 weeks

Pretty sure the player list, stats, injuries etc on the Carlton website are actually fed from AFL databases which are also populated by Champion Data information. At the start of every year, it always goes to s**t. If you go check out other club's official pages they will have the same issues. Thankfully, it's not Carlton's fault and out of our control - we basically just manage the audio/video/news content to a degree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back