Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc) - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edwardo :thumbsu:

Twoomey is an Essendon loving flog thats why.
On the afl website they have a podcast which has cal twomey, Ryle Beveridge and someone else. They were talking about emerging superstars and mentioned stack and Rozee amongst a list which included Curnow. Personally I think you have to play more than a handful of good games to be considered an emerging star let alone the top echelon of player in our game “a superstar”. However if stack and Rozee are listed, on what planet would Walsh be an omission. Bizarre. Didn’t listen any further to hear if they corrected the over site cause the podcast is clearly not on my wavelength.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

On the afl website they have a podcast which has cal twomey, Ryle Beveridge and someone else.

Hutchy has hatched a nest of footy nerds to serve up regular content to the masses. They basically just offer a BigFooty level of analysis, but with a bit of industry access and some cameras.

Casboult has never been a whipping boy for me, simply proof the club had not been getting things right.

Really happy he has been able to show his worth as the side has improved. Was always confident Casboult was part of the solution, not part of the problem.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Casboult has never been a whipping boy for me, simply proof the club had not been getting things right.

Really happy he has been able to show his worth as the side has improved. Was always confident Casboult was part of the solution, not part of the problem.

To be fair, its only this year under Russel that he looks cut and super fit and really capable of doing the running that he needed to. Bravo levi. Bravo AR

I was probably comparing the quality of the overall draft as opposed to Stocker individually. Pick 19 in what was hyped up to be an all time great draft is perhaps better than a low top 10 pick in a standard draft. I could be wrong but I've read that this maybe even below the average, but who knows really.

So it more or less came down to is pick 19 in a super strong draft and ~pick 8 worth trading for ~pick 4 in the weaker draft?

I guess it obviously just depends on what you ultimately get. But if at the time they made they trade Adelaide thought this draft was weak and that there are only really 2 elite talents, then it becomes a much riskier proposition for them. But important to keep in mind that we’re talking about pick 19 last year, not 10. Strong draft but that’s still a player who has been passed over 18 times.

But If they weren’t thinking like that, then they get what they deserve I guess.

Been listening to Fiveaa in the wake of our thumping of the Crows. Credit where it’s due, Mark Bickley is as objective that a previous player/captain, hosting a radio segment, can reasonably be. He Doesn’t fluff over or avoid the hard questions. Also enjoyed listening to his summary of Phillips’s performance and influence on Sat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back