Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc) - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morning all,

We've put together our bumper 2020 season preview, available now where all good podcasts are listened to via the links in our signature.

Plenty to chat through and consider, from the SOS situation to our 3 wishes for 2020, best 22 and list power rankings.
If you're so inclined please throw us a listen, reach out on twitter, do all that good stuff.

Thanks,
Can recommend. :thumbsu:

Happy Monday! Our latest show reviewing Saturday's open training session and family day is now available. Let us know what you think.

Last edited:
Our latest show reviewing Saturday's open training session and family day is now available. Let us know what you think?

It's very good?

Happy Monday! Our latest show reviewing Saturday's open training session and family day is now available. Let us know what you think.

A few things.

1. Very well done on the content and for the commitment.
2. Half an hour maximum, even for a podcast. You see 50 minutes and I feel one would park it away for another time, they may never get back to.
3. Gibbons was on the field. Ran ~100's in the middle of the ground.

A few things.

1. Very well done on the content and for the commitment.
2. Half an hour maximum, even for a podcast. You see 50 minutes and I feel one would park it away for another time, they may never get back to.
3. Gibbons was on the field. Ran ~100's in the middle of the ground.

Thanks for the feedback Harker. Yeah we've found it tricky to deliver the ideal time when juggling content volume and how often we can actually get together to do a show. Each episode we aim to go shorter but it doesn't end up being the case. Good pick up on Gibbons.

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback Harker. Yeah we've found it tricky to deliver the ideal time when juggling content volume and how often we can actually get together to do a show. Each episode we aim to go shorter but it doesn't end up being the case. Good pick up on Gibbons.

Don’t worry about the length of the episodes fellas. I could listen to you bang on about our Blues for hours. In fact the latest wasn’t quite long enough as I was listening while cleaning up a fallen tree at home. Job took longer than the podcast.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a horses for courses thing. For some, a 30 minute thing is bang-on for their availability and/or attention span (not in a negative way). For others with long commutes or a deep interest, over an hour is no problem.

I'd say that for niche subjects like a Carlton podcast, long is fine.

Jacob weitering on sports day with Gerard and scoop McClure tonight. Spoke very well and was very enthusiastic about the upcoming year. Had a gentle dig at marchy for not ever having kicked a goal. Seemed genuinely proud to have been elevated into the leadership group.
Possible to listen to this anywhere or is it just live?

The time is important, I feel -

a. It may not be for some of the die-hards as you'll find here, but that depends on the audience you want to capture.
b. 29 minutes makes for a relatively easy click. 50+ minutes, may often be a; 'I'll get back to you it later' thing.
c. The podcasts don't have a long life, so you want to capture your audience immediately, as after a few days, it's all somewhat old hat.
c. Best to pack things in with quality content and trim the fat. e.g. Stuff like 'I didn't see him' doesn't add much at all.

I don't know what your end goal may be and it may just be for a bit of fun.
Blue Abroad for instance though, looks to be gunning for a job at the CFC or somewhere in the media and if so, I'm all for him getting one and delivering a 'fans view' content. I really like that idea and would understand Liddle warming to it also.

Anyway, all the best in what you're doing and I'll listen again...regardless of the duration. :)

Don’t worry about the length of the episodes fellas. I could listen to you bang on about our Blues for hours. In fact the latest wasn’t quite long enough as I was listening while cleaning up a fallen tree at home. Job took longer than the podcast.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
Thanks for the feedback 8inmylife! We'll consider fallen trees in the future :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back