Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc) - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone, we ventured out to IKON Park like so many, pretty pleased with what we saw in the end. If you weren't able to make it out please the links in our signature for our latest ep!
It is great that there are so many people putting Carlton Content out there:Yourselves,Andy Maher and mates,Terry, Heath Buck, Bluebaggers, Carlton Live (think they are a Talking Carlton crew).

Makes it easy to fill in my day at work now.

Last edited:

Story on the AFL website regarding the 1983 bushfire game and the connection that Wayne Johnston had with his cousin (Dorothy Balcombe) being killed by the fires as part of the Narre Warren Fire Brigade. My interest was piqued by the team listing that was shown for the match and no 57 Martin Sloan - also shown in a match photo. Turns out that was his only game after playing reserves in '82 & '83 he was cleared to Hawthorn once we got Justin Madden. Didn't play a senior game their either. I thought I had a pretty good handle on most of the players then but I have no recollection of Martin.

Weekly summary from the club; leadership announcement, practice match wrap, pre-season updates, stacks of interviews with the boys.

Has a little write up on each of our draftees. Their conclusion sums it up nicely; Philp and Honey looking the most likely for early game time.

Who could play in round one? Philp appears the most likely to win one of the final spots in the Carlton side and a damaging third quarter against Collingwood in last Thursday's scratch match victory wouldn't have harmed his chances. Adds a valuable point of difference with his speed and burst out of the middle. It's unlikely, but Honey is the bolter after a really impressive summer playing as a pressure forward. - Riley Beveridge

Herald/Sun website now has a story asking whether Carlton are about to mirror the recent ladder rises of the Dogs and Tigers. I will leave it to someone with more tech savvy than me to outline.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Herald/Sun website now has a story asking whether Carlton are about to mirror the recent ladder rises of the Dogs and Tigers. I will leave it to someone with more tech savvy than me to outline.

Not really a fair comparison to the Tigers. They had been in in the finals in 2013,2014,2015- they were inconsistent but had the list basics. Sure 2016 was a disaster but then they hit their straps in 2017

Great little video on afl.com.au of Tom Mitchell with Greg Williams. Just gotta state the obvious... Diesel is not only a champion player but also a champion person...
Pity I am too scared to visit afl.com.au videos as they send computer into meltdown and stop things functioning,

DT doing what he does best

"Bring your strength".

Only words, but I like that. Don't try and be everything to everyone. Just do what you've been asked to do, the best you can.
Seems as though we may not see as many 'terrified' looks on players' faces as we had, in the past few years.
Great to hear what Teague said about Martin. I hadn't seen that at training, but goes to show how much one can miss.

EDIT: Have a good feeling around Teague.
He understands that you have to train at full tilt because that becomes your default going into games.
i.e. Training levels are baseline standard but even more is required on game days.
Now there's a good idea. Less talking and more action.....could work.

Last edited:
Just listened to the Triple M chats with Teague and Murph/Simmo.

Can confirm that there is absolutely nothing you'll miss if you choose to skip them.

Interesting tidbit, Teague chooses not to use an office and sits with the assistant coaches. That's about it.

Continues to impress me. Zero selfishness, All Team!

👏 👏 👏

The Carlton Football Club is delighted to announce that the Blues faithful have raised $100,000 for victims affected by the devastating summer bushfires.

The Club created a GoFundMe page to raise funds for impacted communities and nearly 800 donations were received since the page was set up in January.
It is an incredible show of generosity by the entire Carlton family, including members, supporters, staff and playing groups.

Just listened to the Triple M chats with Teague and Murph/Simmo.

Can confirm that there is absolutely nothing you'll miss if you choose to skip them.

Interesting tidbit, Teague chooses not to use an office and sits with the assistant coaches. That's about it.

pfft Bolton had his office under the stairs where only he would fit in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back