Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc) - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

" A deal that would mean he is paid well below the likes of Collingwood’s Brodie Grundy - who signed a seven-year deal worth more than $900,000 a season - and less than the annual $800,000 that he might have commanded."

👏👏👏👏👏👏

Last edited:

A mostly negative view on Cripps resigning on Foxfooty website here .

I’ll give them a tip Patty Cripps isn’t Dan Hannebery.

Shallow analysis fails to account for shortened games in 2020 and rule changes in 2021 (reduction in stoppages).

Shallow analysis fails to account for shortened games in 2020 and rule changes in 2021 (reduction in stoppages).
I have a question.

If a piece of journalism is shallow, poor analysis and you can list the things it fails to take into account without going into much depth yourself, why would you signal-boost it? You're providing them impetus to write more shallow, poor analyses, because they can demonstrate their reach and audience.

This is the challenge for the internet age: how do you avoid promoting the information you don't want to promote when all of the coverage is designed to garner an emotional reaction from you?

Edit: read the article now. 'Based on Supercoach points', lol. Stellar analysis, would read again.

I have a question.

If a piece of journalism is shallow, poor analysis and you can list the things it fails to take into account without going into much depth yourself, why would you signal-boost it? You're providing them impetus to write more shallow, poor analyses, because they can demonstrate their reach and audience.

This is the challenge for the internet age: how do you avoid promoting the information you don't want to promote when all of the coverage is designed to garner an emotional reaction from you?

Edit: read the article now. 'Based on Supercoach points', lol. Stellar analysis, would read again.

Being from a science background this provoked an analytical response from me rather than an emotional one.

I thought it was interesting that they actually used data to back up their argument (which I liked) usually they just throw dung and hope it sticks.

So I thought that was a novel approach and thus provided my own somewhat shallow critique of their article.

Being from a science background this provoked an analytical response from me rather than an emotional one.

I thought it was interesting that they actually used data to back up their argument (which I liked) usually they just throw dung and hope it sticks.

So I thought that was a novel approach and thus provided my own somewhat shallow critique of their article.
I think calling declining Supercoach scores data is being kind. They went off commentary by Montagna, looked at Supercoach, and wrote their article.

Now for Fox, that's a pretty well researched article, but I'd put your critique on a par with Montagna's in the first place. If they'd used Montagna's quote as a pretext to do an indepth exploration of long term contracts, that'd be something different. But they looked at Supercoach.

Supercoach points aren't that different from their ranking points or whatever. It's the same basic concept, different types of disposal add points to a rating.

Fewer supercoach points would mean he's having fewer possessions/marks/tackles etc.

It's hardly an in depth statistical analysis, I wouldn't use it in an article or in an argument, but it does corroborate a reduction in overall statistics, which Patty has had this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cant really disagree with Lloyd.

We are a long way off it..very true
But
You can see how with a talented and united coaching panel and playing group
A few tweaks...
We just might be contenders.

And here are the repercussions of the AFL demonizing individual players:

If you give morons permission, they're going to do this s**t. The AFL media/establishment should have a good hard look at themselves and ask, to what extent did we encourage this with the way we've attacked him publicly over the past few days?

And here are the repercussions of the AFL demonizing individual players:

If you give morons permission, they're going to do this sh*t. The AFL media/establishment should have a good hard look at themselves and ask, to what extent did we encourage this with the way we've attacked him publicly over the past few days?
Few days? They’ve literally called him a lazy, fat, overpriced, overrated thug in less than a calendar year.

Screw FF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back