Oppo Camp Carlton V Essendon banter thread (Round 4)

Remove this Banner Ad

Would you walk up to him, and say he looked like this monkey or that monkey, to his face?
If not, then you shouldn't say it anywhere.

No, but I wouldn't call him a little wannabe **** to his face. Doesn't make it less true.

18948935.jpg

No, but I wouldn't call him a little wannabe **** to his face. Doesn't make it less true.

This is essentially the point I made to Slatt's quote earlier this afternoon...before it was deleted - there's a lot of things I'd hold back from saying to the face of a stranger....that doesn't make it any less true or any more offensive to one race over another - just simple courtesey.

Unbelievable. :rolleyes:

Indeed.

@Bombers no1, i feel the line is really interesting in this game - if both 22's line up as selected, i'd have the line at about 28 points to Carlton.

Having said that, I'm basing that more on early season form than anything....which is often a web that becomes untangled somwhere between rounds 4-6. Therefore who the **** knows how it will pan out??!!:D

No question their form is a level above ours (largely in the front 70m or so), however I think the actual talent of their 22 compared to our 22 is vastly over stated.

I suggest for the punters out there to bet small for fun (if at all) on what is an unpredictable contest at the best of times - but keep a keen eye on the live odds....if the signs are there that Esssendon are matching them in the middle, and it's close at quarter time or maybe even half time, I think it's fair to say we'll still be overs - if it's stilll close at 3/4 time I expect the odds to be a lot less appealing (and more realistic).

That's how i see it fwiw.

Ps, chuck the dons at the line in a multi or two - multi's are about rolling the dice, and I think this one's worth rolling on at 41.5+ points.

and a nice little outsider bet - Leroy to kick the first goal and Essendon to win by 1-9 points = 276-1...I've chicked a whopping $2 on it!! :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Essendon INS: Dempsey, Hibbered, Bellchambers, Crameri, Hooker, Lonergan and DELL’OLIO
Essendon OUTS: Lovett-Murray, Myers, Hille, Carlisle, Reimers, Colyer, McVeigh

Carlton INS: Kreuzer, Curnow, Mclean, Bower, Tuohy, Waite, Lucas, Hampson
Carlton OUTS: Thornton, Walker, Warnock, O’hAlilpin, Armfield, Ellard, Joseph and Davies

Key Facts:
Warnock had 38 hitouts
Essendon have lost 6 goals of 13 goals from last time
Carlton had 43 scoring shots to our 22.

Essendon INS: Dempsey, Hibbered, Bellchambers, Crameri, Hooker, Lonergan and DELL’OLIO
Essendon OUTS: Lovett-Murray, Myers, Hille, Carlisle, Reimers, Colyer, McVeigh

Looking forward to these players giving us some extra scoring shots compared to the EF to accommodate the ones we already have. It'll be good if the extra mix in there can do us some good this time around.

Interesting to see the media pumping up Kreuzer as "one of the best rucks" in the competition, yet there's hardly any mention of Ryder, who's sitting on the second most hit-outs in the league this year under Sandi (as well as averaging the most touches per game).

I believe Collingwood's performance last week had a lot to do with the ruck, specifically Jolly. The team is sitting last on the H/O ladder - telling tale, really. Bellchambers is a good in, did well to get a game - safe to say both he and Ryder are no Jolly. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back