Oppo Camp Carlton worst season in 122 years: The Evil of Patrick Cripps...

I love seeing Carlton lose

• Yes

Votes: 199 90.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 91 41.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just from watching some Carlton games, thought he hadn't been as bad as last year.
Maybe. But I still think, as another poster did point out somewhere, he sits back, picks up a cheapie, moves it forward, the inevitable happens and it comes back and he picks up another cheapie.
My BIL is a blues man. Converted my sister to them, but she was a Bombers fan so no loss.
I’ve told them all this year that having Thomas in the team is not the way forward. While he is best 22 they are not advancing.
Sister defends him as “great for teaching the kids”.
She’s been avoiding me the last week....
I stand by my view, Thomas in the best 22 isn’t advancing your cause.

Now the coaching position is open people are suggesting they go for someone with experience rather than a rookie. Someone who can build on the foundations laid by Bolts and take this juggernaut to the next level.

hope they continue to use their wisdom and take a good look at Mark Neeld

- assistant at Collingwood , satisfying their Collingwood envy -
- Coached at Afl level and experienced in handling overrated lists choc full of under preforming first round draft picks.
- had 4 wins in his first year which is a four times improvement on Bolton

Would be a perfect fit.

A lot of truth there.

But it’s Carlton so at them the club, glorious laughter.

Yes indeed. Not a skerrick of sympathy from me for club or supporters, long may it continue I say. Felt for Bolton though, having to sit next to toadman for the presser just after he’d sacked him. Showed some character.
Hopefully SOS and the board continue on their merry incestous Carlton ways for many years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes indeed. Not a skerrick of sympathy from me for club or supporters, long may it continue I say. Felt for Bolton though, having to sit next to toadman for the presser just after he’d sacked him. Showed some character.
Hopefully SOS and the board continue on their merry incestous Carlton ways for many years.
Yes he may be football’s Mr Smith Goes to Washington but he showed real class today, credit to him.

(Memo to both Bill Shorten and Malcolm Turnbull: that’s how you do a classy exit)

I’ve told them all this year that having Thomas in the team is not the way forward. While he is best 22 they are not advancing.
Sister defends him as “great for teaching the kids”.
Great for teaching them how to catch a break instead of doing their rehab.

I felt sorry for Bolton when he was appointed and do again today.

So they're not going to go with another untried (like Ratten was) , but some real experience (like MM and Pagan). All things being equal I think the media over rate the category of coach and underestimate the list management and effect of people who aren't being lined up for sacking.

Last edited:
Now the coaching position is open people are suggesting they go for someone with experience rather than a rookie. Someone who can build on the foundations laid by Bolts and take this juggernaut to the next level.

hope they continue to use their wisdom and take a good look at Mark Neeld

- assistant at Collingwood , satisfying their Collingwood envy -
- Coached at Afl level and experienced in handling overrated lists choc full of under preforming first round draft picks.
- had 4 wins in his first year which is a four times improvement on Bolton

Would be a perfect fit.
Didn’t they say Mick inherited a team built by Shaw? Then reaped the rewards.

In a reassuring move for the caretaker coach, Carlton will retain the services of Robert Walls in his job as Chief Knifer and Presidential Dobber.

You’re implying that Walls was brought in to be a mentor to the senior coach, and was providing feedback from that back to the board behind the scenes?!?

Sincere question: Are you serious, or just having a dig? (Cool either way)

If the Carlton board are really doing that then that club is a total basket case. Where do I begin? It undermines Judd’s Role as the football director implying division and distrust between board members. It’s unethical, and coming from the board that foments unethical culture (FFS didn’t Carlton learn anything from the Elliott era??). It also foments a backstabbing culture, and how is that good for football?

Last edited:
You’re implying that Walls was brought in to be a mentor to the senior coach, and was providing feedback from that back to the board behind the scenes?!?

Sincere question: Are you serious, or just having a dig? (Cool either way)

If the Carlton board are really doing that then that club is a total basket case. Where do I begin? It undermines Judd’s Role as the football director implying division and distrust between board members. It’s unethical, and coming from the board that foments unethical culture (FFS didn’t Carlton learn anything from the Elliott era??). It also foments a backstabbing culture, and how is that good for football?
Just having a dig. Would certainly not surprise if Walls was providing feedback to others at the club, at the very least informally, on how Bolton was going.

Just having a dig. Would certainly not surprise if Walls was providing feedback to others at the club, at the very least informally, on how Bolton was going.

Out of interest, do you know if there are methods that could be set up to ensure the confidentiality of a mentor / mentee relationship? The medical profession have patient confidentiality enshrined. The legal profession have attorney - client privilege enshrined. What about outside of that, would it just be an NDA? I wouldn’t imagine too many folks would be using an NDA for that purpose?

Serious question... is that story about Walls having some young player beaten about the head true? I mean, really, surely not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back