Caroline Wilson hate

Remove this Banner Ad

What really annoys me is that she invents stuff like “people around the league want north to relocate “ it gets refuted and she doubles down.

The biggest problem is that she puts it out there and it then gets taken as fact and creates the narrative.

Even her latest diatribe there is plenty to criticise about norths season and she can only put forward some wishy washy “identity” argument

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I have no doubt people at the AFL would like us to relocate - would have us in Tassie in a heart beat (once the corona crap allows).

Caro sees herself as some sort of purveyor of change by repeating something over a long period of time that she firmly believes. Everytime she makes this claim she has no evidence or statement that backs it up besides her sources. But she continues to trot it out and won't let it go. She sets herself up for the criticism / dislike that comes her way.

She keeps spewing it out, we'll keep hitting back.

I respect how hard she has had to work to have a media voice in the football industry as a woman. I respect that she found aspects of football that no-one else was writing or talking about and made them her speciality. I admired her dogged pursuit of * over the drug thing when I know the AFL was trying to make it go away. I am glad she made it possible for other women (who i think are better) to succeed in footy media.

I also resent her obsession with North and I will never forgive her active campaigning for the death of our club leading up to and during 2007. I thought she had issues with Carey and Bradshaw but it turns out it’s really the club she dislikes and takes the opportunity to attack any time she can.

I understand any North supporter wanting to express resentment given what she has done and still does to bring the NMFC down (even if fewer people are listening or watching now).

But - and I don’t speak for all women, just myself - when the attacks on her are gendered, they feel like an attack on women in general. They undermine my regard for the poster and worst of all they put me on her side. Please don’t do that.

Thanks H2H for expressing this so well.
There's no need to bring gender into criticism, just like you would never bring race into it.

I respect how hard she has had to work to have a media voice in the football industry as a woman. I respect that she found aspects of football that no-one else was writing or talking about and made them her speciality. I admired her dogged pursuit of * over the drug thing when I know the AFL was trying to make it go away. I am glad she made it possible for other women (who i think are better) to succeed in footy media.

I also resent her obsession with North and I will never forgive her active campaigning for the death of our club leading up to and during 2007. I thought she had issues with Carey and Bradshaw but it turns out it’s really the club she dislikes and takes the opportunity to attack any time she can.

I understand any North supporter wanting to express resentment given what she has done and still does to bring the NMFC down (even if fewer people are listening or watching now).

But - and I don’t speak for all women, just myself - when the attacks on her are gendered, they feel like an attack on women in general. They undermine my regard for the poster and worst of all they put me on her side. Please don’t do that.

Great post. I dislike her inconsistencies when it comes to the ethics of journalism, she mixes fact in with unsubstantiated rumours and hides behind her "confidentiality of the sources" when she is called out on it, which has usually been code for "I made it up". When she said she wont let the facts get in the way of a story, or words to that effect, i lost what respect I once had for her and have zero respect for football media in general.

There was a point in time in the 90s where she wrote great football articles, it is sad we lost that for clickbait stories.

As much as I didn't like what she wrote about us in 2007, and the way she expressed it, I think it at least highlighted that there was a faction within the board that had sold out. That gave us time to rally, who knows what would have happened if they were allowed to conspire for longer in secret.

Btw. I might have told this story before but one of he first times I met my now mother-in-law, at a Pies game, she took a copy of The Age sports section and slowly and carefully tore out the photo of Caroline Wilson, put it in her mouth, chewed it up and spat it out (possibly into the back of the head of the St Kilda supporter in front of her).

See - no need to bring gender into it. And also, it’s not just us.

Just read that Julia Caroline Wilson and Steve Price were once an item..perfect couple..😉😉

Last edited:
I don't normal buy into the CW hate thing, but F me if she didn't go feral last night on Footy classified.
Describing the club as standing for nothing and why would anyone young player want to go to North and how on earth we would replace up to 14 players while she was selling off Goldy and saying there are no senior footballers left at North.

Serosiously F#@K OFF CAROLINE WILSON and take your faux feminism with you.

I will quite openly state that I hope I live long enough to open the 20 year old scotch and drink a toast to her demise.

She represents everything wrong about AFL media.

I don't normal buy into the CW hate thing, but F me if she didn't go feral last night on Footy classified.
Describing the club as standing for nothing and why would anyone young player want to go to North and how on earth we would replace up to 14 players while she was selling off Goldy and saying there are no senior footballers left at North.

Serosiously F#@K OFF CAROLINE WILSON and take your faux feminism with you.

Is culling the amount of players and staff we have really standing for nothing?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I will quite openly state that I hope I live long enough to open the 20 year old scotch and drink a toast to her demise.

Settle down.

A maximum of 10 years old (blended) is more than enough. Save the good sh*t for flag celebrations.

Settle down.

A maximum of 10 years old (blended) is more than enough. Save the good sh*t for flag celebrations.

This "good riddance" deserves the very best.

The 10 year old stuff is for the coronavirus.

How did this thread manage to get even the minutest defence response in it? Did someone fall for the old trick of sexualising it and the ever present misogyny trigger watch went off?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a ******* male sport, so why is that even an issue?

Women aren't entitled to positions in the AFL simply because they're women, any more than men deserve positions in netball simply because they are men, and let's be honest here, that is what drives this cretin to get out of bed every morning and spend the day vomiting bile. She's got massive personal issues that she's managed to work through the channels and turn in to a career.

She's just come down a few pegs in my book based on this s**t she's sprouting about us at the moment, and to be honest, she was sitting way below the bottom rung to start with.

Still don't see why we can call Hutchy out (as an example) for the stupid, overweight headline chasing scab that he is, but not Caro? It isn't sexist, racist or gender based, it is simply stating a fact.

And if she was a bloke I would say exactly the same thing.

And just like Hutchy and Cornes, she puts herself and her opinions out there in the public domain to generate arguments and headlines - with a vitriol (specifically aimed at us) that I simply can't stand.

And if she is going to throw mud she needs to expect it to come back.

Oh, and just a Postscript: It's ok for her to make a joke about ogling players in their speedos? Imagine the outcry if someone called her out on that. Seems to be different standards...

She's just come down a few pegs in my book based on this sh*t she's sprouting about us at the moment, and to be honest, she was sitting way below the bottom rung to start with.

Still don't see why we can call Hutchy out (as an example) for the stupid, overweight headline chasing scab that he is, but not Caro? It isn't sexist, racist or gender based, it is simply stating a fact.

And if she was a bloke I would say exactly the same thing.

And just like Hutchy and Cornes, she puts herself and her opinions out there in the public domain to generate arguments and headlines - with a vitriol (specifically aimed at us) that I simply can't stand.

And if she is going to throw mud she needs to expect it to come back.

Oh, and just a Postscript: It's ok for her to make a joke about ogling players in their speedos? Imagine the outcry if someone called her out on that. Seems to be different standards...

I don't know why any self respecting woman would get offended by criticism of her, simply because of gender association?

You are welcome to do anything you like to Gerard Whateley, Mark Robinson and Damian Barrett, with my full blessing ladies. :thumbsu:

As much as I didn't like what she wrote about us in 2007, and the way she expressed it, I think it at least highlighted that there was a faction within the board that had sold out. That gave us time to rally, who knows what would have happened if they were allowed to conspire for longer in secret.

Never lose sight of the fact that in 2007, Caroline Wilson was being briefed by Andrew Demetriou and someone on the NMFC board and as such, she wasn't making anything up. The chairman of our club had agreed with the CEO of the AFL to relocate. And he had the numbers on the board to guarantee it. Until he resigned to save his paying gig in horse racing, the relocation was a fait accompli. It didn't matter that it was secret. We had no say in it.

I have no doubt people at the AFL would like us to relocate - would have us in Tassie in a heart beat (once the corona crap allows).
Every organisation of that sort is a big place with a lot of opinions, so no doubt 'some people' would have some truth to it.

However 'some would like' can be a long, long way from 'influential people take the idea seriously'.

The counter argument - the league doesn't want its next move to be shuffling deck chairs, it wants to expand again. More games, more money. Moving an existing team to Tasmania wipes out one of the two obvious expansion markets they have to put team 19 into (wtf they do for team 20 is anyone's guess). Tasmanians don't want a relocated team, they want an expansion team. Clubs don't want to relocate. There is no particular resource in short supply that is specific to Victoria and is solved by moving out a small club - sponsors are national and global brands, there is plenty of stadium capacity, FTA exposure is limited but they want everyone buying Foxtel or Kayo to prop up the broadcasting deals. There is no rational reason to want us out of Melbourne. It's only a bunch of main board nuffies and about 3 malignant journalists.

If you're Gilligan McLachlan and you see that a smaller Victorian club has made a profit against all odds during a global pandemic while the AFL itself and most other clubs have lost substantial amounts of money, you most certainly would not be making plans to relocate that smaller Victorian club to another state in which the economic outcomes are far less certain. Anyone pushing that barrow at the moment is a certified moron.

He should never have apologised. Piss weak.

A PC bully wins again, based on nothing more than their own distorted view of an implied insult.

When will people have the guts to stand up to this s**t?!

She has been a mouthpiece and purveyor of AFL objectives for a long time. She's riding us down to create an impresssion that North is hopeless and AFL has no other choice than to relocate the club. The hatred for North was bred into her by her old man.

She has been a mouthpiece and purveyor of AFL objectives for a long time. She's riding us down to create an impresssion that North is hopeless and AFL has no other choice than to relocate the club. The hatred for North was bred into her by her old man.

Yes, I am aware of her history mate, and I am also aware that the AFL can't relocate the club.

My take is that she has made a career out of being neurotic.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back