No Oppo Supporters CAS hands down guilty verdict - Players appealing - Dank shot - no opposition - (cont in pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I spent a bit of time reading through the posts on the HTB.

There is an amazing amount of energy, passion and intellect that is being poured into those pages. It got me thinking, if that group got together with the sole purpose of doing something useful for society they would be amazing. With their combined energy I believe they could prove that cancer doesn't exist anymore.

Captain-Planet-and-the-Planeteers.jpg

http://m.theaustralian.com.au/sport...ce-guru-says-afl/story-fnca0u4y-1227315981137

The reasons of the tribunal raise fresh questions about why ASADA chose not take any action against Dean Robinson, a high-performance manager employed by Essendon and the Gold Coast Suns, and Suns defender Nathan Bock, now retired from football.

The tribunal found that Bock paid Mr Robinson $800 for what Mr Robinson believed was CJC-1295, a banned peptide. The peptides were supplied by Mr Dank, who brought them to Mr Robinson’s Gold Coast house.

Mr Robinson, who was using the peptide himself, showed Bock how to inject it. Mr Robinson said Mr Dank told him the substance was CJC-1295. Mr Dank believed, wrongly, that the substance was permitted in sport.

“The tribunal is comfortably satisfied … that Mr Dank assisted Mr Robinson in the attempted trafficking by Mr Robinson of the prohibited substance CJC-1295,” the tribunal found. “Mr Dank was complicit with Mr Robinson in Mr Robinson’s attempted trafficking of CJC-1295.”

And what was the outcome of the Robinson legal action against the club again? We lost and had to pay damages or settled out of court or something? How could that possibly happen in light of all this crap

And what was the outcome of the Robinson legal action against the club again? We lost and had to pay damages or settled out of court or something? How could that possibly happen in light of all this crap

If you are enjoying your footy now I doubt you really want to know if you think about it hard enough... :oops:

Because I doubt essendon itself paid him that money. Thats just my conspiracy theory anyway.

http://m.theaustralian.com.au/sport...ce-guru-says-afl/story-fnca0u4y-1227315981137

The reasons of the tribunal raise fresh questions about why ASADA chose not take any action against Dean Robinson, a high-performance manager employed by Essendon and the Gold Coast Suns, and Suns defender Nathan Bock, now retired from football.

The tribunal found that Bock paid Mr Robinson $800 for what Mr Robinson believed was CJC-1295, a banned peptide. The peptides were supplied by Mr Dank, who brought them to Mr Robinson’s Gold Coast house.

Mr Robinson, who was using the peptide himself, showed Bock how to inject it. Mr Robinson said Mr Dank told him the substance was CJC-1295. Mr Dank believed, wrongly, that the substance was permitted in sport.

“The tribunal is comfortably satisfied … that Mr Dank assisted Mr Robinson in the attempted trafficking by Mr Robinson of the prohibited substance CJC-1295,” the tribunal found. “Mr Dank was complicit with Mr Robinson in Mr Robinson’s attempted trafficking of CJC-1295.”

This is f******. This is a case of actual genuine doping and somehow it's been swept under the carpet.

Because someone conveniently chose not to charge him?

The same Dean Robinson who was appointed at Gold Coast by the AFL if I'm not mistaken!?

I'm guessing Robinson was rewarded for providing assistance with something else?

Last edited:
Because someone conveniently chose not to charge him?

The same Dean Robinson who was appointed at Gold Coast by the AFL if I'm not mistaken!?

I'm guessing Robinson was rewarded for providing assistance with something else?
ASADA should have charged him; unless of course he provided evidence against Dank and they choose not to pursue his case because of that

ASADA should have charged him; unless of course he provided evidence against Dank and they choose not to pursue his case because of that

That's exactly what I'm thinking the reason is.

Wonder if they suggested Robinson had a good head for television as well??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder, in light of the Nathan Bock drug scenario back in 2010, who employed Dean Robinson & Stephen Dank to Gold Coast??

Nobody at Gold Coast seems to have ever put up their hand for that one. Hardly surprisingly.

According to Michael Warner's article in the Sun on Tuesday, Dank worked for the Suns between Nov 2010 and February 2011, and Travis Auld was CEO at the time.

Trav now works for the AFL as one of Gil's deputies - fancy that hey.

I know we've had a very rough few years due to what's happened but if wada don't appeal of be happy to not hear any more and that includes the afls dodgy dealings in this . The club needs to move on and while we are going well and winning it will happen quickly .
There's prob plenty more skeletons in our closet as there would be in the afls .
The best way and only way to beat the afl is to win a flag !

I wonder, in light of the Nathan Bock drug scenario back in 2010, who employed Dean Robinson & Stephen Dank to Gold Coast??

Nobody at Gold Coast seems to have ever put up their hand for that one. Hardly surprisingly.

According to Michael Warner's article in the Sun on Tuesday, Dank worked for the Suns between Nov 2010 and February 2011, and Travis Auld was CEO at the time.

Trav now works for the AFL as one of Gil's deputies - fancy that hey.

Hmm, there's a bit of a pattern that can be seen here:

Travis Auld- employed Dank and Robinson at Gold Coast, no charges and employed by the AFL
Robinson - clearly trafficked PED's to player and support staff, no charges and $1m payout (I think everyone knows with cash from the AFL)
Ian Robson - overall responsibility for Essendon's program and employment of Dank and Robinson- no charges and plum job at Melbourne Victory (no doubt with glowing references from the AFL)
Paul Hamilton - direct responsibility over program and Dank and Robinson, no charges and employed by AFL

I guess when you're good to Mama, Mama's good to you.

Hmm, there's a bit of a pattern that can be seen here:

Travis Auld- employed Dank and Robinson at Gold Coast, no charges and employed by the AFL
Robinson - clearly trafficked PED's to player and support staff, no charges and $1m payout (I think everyone knows with cash from the AFL)
Ian Robson - overall responsibility for Essendon's program and employment of Dank and Robinson- no charges and plum job at Melbourne Victory (no doubt with glowing references from the AFL)
Paul Hamilton - direct responsibility over program and Dank and Robinson, no charges and employed by AFL

I guess when you're good to Mama, Mama's good to you.
And don't forget Lukin.

http://www.sen.com.au/news/04-15/bock-peptide-use-should-be-at-centre-of-suns-investigationLast week, an AFL tribunal found Dank guilty of two doping-related offences during his time at the Suns.

"The AFL said it was satisfied there were no governance breaches committed by the club".

“If you talk about governance issues, you had a pretty big one because you’ve (had) two staff members at the Gold Coast Suns who were giving a player what is reported to be a banned substance,” Le Grand said on SEN’s Morning Glory.

Le Grand said “there was an investigation carried out by ASADA, they produced a report, and that report recommended that charges be brought against Nathan Bock for taking a banned substance.”

“This all to do with his dealings with Dean Robinson who was the club high performance manager at the time, and Stephen Dank who was the club sport science consultant at the time.”

Are you guys not angry right now. So your clear of wrong doing yet your club has been through hell and you have been kicked out of the finals after finishing 7th? For no reason. Should probably be asking the afl for compo that is complete and utter b/s or am I understanding this all wrong?

Are you guys not angry right now. So your clear of wrong doing yet your club has been through hell and you have been kicked out of the finals after finishing 7th? For no reason. Should probably be asking the afl for compo that is complete and utter b/s or am I understanding this all wrong?
There's still a few more days to go before we can all cut loose i guess.

So did Gold Coast have governance issues? Not according to the AFL after conducting "forensic" testing there. But....

Did whoever employed Dean Robinson & Stephen Dank at Gold Coast - and nobody is putting their hand up for that one - do their due diligence on the pair before hand?

Dean Robinson & Stephen Dank - whilst staff members at the Gold Coast - gave a Gold Coast player, Nathan Bock, what is reported to be a the banned peptide CJC-1295, and ASADA recommended that charges be brought against that player.

Yet there were no Governance issues at Gold Coast according to the AFL?

Far from angry. Just happy it is all over. Which I think it is.

Personally, I'm ok with the punishment because our governance was poor and we put the players at risk.

What I'm furious about is that our governance was industry-standard and everyone else was just as shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back