No Oppo Supporters CAS hands down guilty verdict - Players appealing - Dank shot - no opposition - (cont in pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re Scezza's post #2869 at 1.54pm 4Dec13 (can't seem to get the "reply" function to work) -
".... I'd say it was leaked to the Hun and they acted on it straight away as opposed to having it for a while..."

Michael Warner has been working on this for a few weeks. It isn't something he has just obtained. Also, it is his story rather than Robbo's.

This statement has me thinking that the whole thing is coming from Essendon. Waited until Hird was back in the country and then leaked this in time for the members to see that the AFL did bend behind the scenes so they don't look as weak as they do right now. Then they get to make a big deal about the whole thing being part of a confidentiality deal.

The wage of Hird is not confidential. All spending by the footy department is no secret.

As I noted last night, Fitzpatrick supposedly sidelining Demetriou and McLachlan with his offers was an interesting tidbit from Le Grand's article.

As much as I can't stand Vlad and have little time for Gill either, if that is true that reflects terribly on Fitzpatrick more than anyone. But, by the same token, people have been saying ad nauseum that Dank doing things of his own volition and behind everyone's back within the supplements program was not an excuse for Essendon- that because he worked at Essendon, he was still 'Essendon' whether Essendon supporters wanted to accept it or not.

The same standard therefore should apply to Fitzpatrick and the AFL.

Doss

Vlad couldn't be involved in the negotiations because he is also on The Commission. EFC would never negotiate with Gil, seeing that he leaked information to the media. ( Hope that Gil has learnt a valuable lesson ) - So then the AFL negotiators were reduced.

Fairfax - Connolly wrote an article summarising the HUN's allegation, but importantly took credit for Master's breaking the story about John Wylie playing the Henry Kissinger role. Master's has been accurate with his reporting during the whole saga.

People are reading too much into the latest articles. All this info was on public record - All that's happened is the dots have been joined together and the stories have been elongated.

It has nothing to do with leaks from the AFL or EFC - NOTHING !

hmmm....

I really don't know how I feel about this morning's shenaninigans. I really don't.

Why? Is it the preemptive MAD strike?

All I know is that when you've cut a backroom deal you let sleeping dogs lie. What in the actual **** is this?

This is a rehash of previously reported information that has been further investigated by journo's. There is no leaking from the AFL or EFC.

People are reading too much into the latest articles. All this info was on public record - All that's happened is the dots have been joined together and the stories have been elongated.

I think the unethical nature of the deals went over the foamers heads previously. The summation was needed and has justifiably generated an emotional response.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Possibly, but Vlad seems to have reacted a bit more than you would expect if it was really nothing.

It would scratch my head if Hird leaked this. The guys had the press on his lawn for the better part of a year, in his s**t all day every day. I don't care how much he'd want revenge, no one that's been through that wants that back. No one.

I know a guy, his brother was involved in an air crash in NZ that got a lot of local press. Talked about it once. From what he said about dealing with the media in that sort of storm. I can't see anybody willfully accepting it, no matter what the cost or gain. JUst doesn't see right to me. He'd at least wait till he over seas.

Whilst I agree I doubt the leaks are coming from us or the AFL, it is hardly nothing.

The sun clearly has the document which exposes, and presents the detail of the coercion that was going on. It is actually very big news, and you can tell Vlad is taking this extremely seriously.

The Sun having documented evidence which outlines Hird being offered a plush Oxford course in return for dropping a court case & offers of "no player sanctions'' and "no double jeopardy'' in relation to the Asada investigation is hardly anything to be scoffed at.

This alone puts many positions are risk, and in fact puts a massive question mark on the whole 'investigation'.

I am sorry if I missed other outlets claiming to have documentation outlining this detail in the past.

On the assumption either Essendon or the AFL are paying Hird's salary, and knowing that it's a sizable figure, it will be hard to hide in the relevant company's annual financial report.

Whilst I agree I doubt the leaks are coming from us or the AFL, it is hardly nothing.

The sun clearly has the document which exposes, and presents the detail of the coercion that was going on. It is actually very big news, and you can tell Vlad is taking this extremely seriously.

The Sun having documented evidence which outlines Hird being offered a plush Oxford course in return for dropping a court case & offers of "no player sanctions'' and "no double jeopardy'' in relation to the Asada investigation is hardly anything to be scoffed at.

This alone puts many positions are risk, and in fact puts a massive question mark on the whole 'investigation'.

I am sorry if I missed other outlets claiming to have documentation outlining this detail in the past.

I agree, a lot of these details are new. A lot of it is supported by things we already knew but the details themselves have only now seen the light of day.

On the assumption either Essendon or the AFL are paying Hird's salary, and knowing that it's a sizable figure, it will be hard to hide in the relevant company's annual financial report.

Well how else would Hirdy be able to look after the family? He'd have to be earning a wage some how, i reckon it's on full pay. I also reckon the AFL is paying the $120,000 french school fees for Hirdy.

The point I was making is, if Hird is being paid under the radar by someone, that someone will have to use very creative accounting to hide what would be a very large sum of money.

The point I was making is, if Hird is being paid under the radar by someone, that someone will have to use very creative accounting to hide what would be a very large sum of money.

There are no financial reports that are that comprehensive that breaks down the wages to each employee for the AFL or EFC - at least publically anyway. It is usually just one lump sum amount reported as salary and wages...

There are no financial reports that are that comprehensive that breaks down the wages to each employee for the AFL or EFC - at least publically anyway. It is usually just one lump sum amount reported as salary and wages...

The tax office would have to know but that would be confidential as well you would imagine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back