Cathal Corr

Remove this Banner Ad

Anaerobic

Draftee
May 5, 2008
Board
Get used to the name you guys. He is "a very good chance" to be joining Brisbane (most likely via Rookie draft).

He's an Irish lad who spent a season on St Kilda's rookie list a few years back.

Yep exciting news:D But seriously he isn't/wasn't a bad player when in the VFL so he could be a good pickup.

Would he count as an international rookie or is he an Australian resident?

We're still allegedly keen on Connor Meredith from Ireland.
He's an Australian resident as far as I know. Went through the TAC Cup system and everything. From looking back at Rookie Draft history it looks like the Saints used an actual rookie pick on him, rather than taking him as an international.

5695470_firstImageIMG.jpg

Anaerobic: can you give any more insight on how you heard this?

He's an Australian resident as far as I know. Went through the TAC Cup system and everything. From looking back at Rookie Draft history it looks like the Saints used an actual rookie pick on him, rather than taking him as an international.

Ey, got your hands off my Steelbottom :mad:

He is a good footballer, his year at the saints was wrecked by a broken foot IIRC and OP. Has been playing the Coburg for the last 2 years in the VFL not exactly setting the world on fire but going along okay.

Hes been in Australia since he was a kid so he is an Australian resident.

Not sure though, you could find alot of better footballers than him around in the VFL, SANFL and WAFL.

It is a must for the Lions to become adept at drafting rookies from other states with Gold Coast coming into the picture and Queensland kids are finding their way onto rookie lists all over now

It is a must for the Lions to become adept at drafting rookies from other states with Gold Coast coming into the picture and Queensland kids are finding their way onto rookie lists all over now
We seem to use late picks in the draft to get interstate speculators. You would think that the success of that would carry over to rookie selections too.

No offence, but I'm hoping that history repeats itself and you don't get your man like last year :eek:

I WANT STEELE!

Seriously though, he's not gonna last until the Crows pick.
Yeah, that's why I changed my user title to Not Pick 10. As the weeks went by in the finals series it was becoming increasingly apparent that he'd go inside the Top 10. :eek:

Get used to the name you guys. He is "a very good chance" to be joining Brisbane (most likely via Rookie draft).

He's an Irish lad who spent a season on St Kilda's rookie list a few years back.

Yep exciting news:D But seriously he isn't/wasn't a bad player when in the VFL so he could be a good pickup.

Cathal Corr ( pronounce Ca-haal ) has played local footy in the Diamond Valley for second division side Macleod for a number of years. He was on St kilda's list until injury struck and so he went back to Macleod. For the past 2 years, he has played most of his footy for Coburg 2'nds with the odd few games in the seniors. He has indicated to Macleod ( and I believe he has signed a document ) that he will be back playing with them next season.

I'm not too sure if he is going to nominate for the draft, and whilst it would be disappointing for Macleod if he didn't play there next year, I'm not sure if his body could cope with the rigours of AFL football any more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why would we be giving this guy a spot if he's about 25 and struggles to get a game with Coburg seniors :confused:

He's 20 from what I can see. Dazzle was playing for East Freo's reserves last year. ;)

But yeah, lightning very rarely strikes the same spot twice... I'm not too sure why we'd be interested in this bloke either. Do we have an Irish addiction?

2nd Division Northern (not direspect to Macleod - but not the greatest footy played down here) to AFL, after playing VFL 2's certainly would be an amazing turn around.

Call me a sceptic but I'm taking this as a pizztake.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back