Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Feb 6, 2008
Mosman
AFL Club
Collingwood
Friday, December 19, 2008

Caution : Smoking Cannabis May Lead To Presidency Of The United States

College photos from 1980, by Lisa Jack, of the already serving US President Barack Obama smoking pot and looking, basically, pretty wasted, were discovered before the election, but are only now seeing publication in Time Magazine :
"For a while, Jack put the negatives in a safety-deposit box, so that they could not be used until after the election, when there would be no chance they could be used for a political purpose."
The full story of these 'lost' Obama photographs, plus many more pics, are here.

But would the above picture have really damaged Obama's run for the White House? Or would their early revelation only led to more slightly uncomfortable news chat where journalists have to admit to also having smoked a fair slab of weed in their youth as well?

I doubt that photos of an extremely happy young man smoking cannabis would have harmed Obama's election chances much at all. Most Americans are anything but hysteric about occasional cannabis use, nor do they widely object to its use as a medicine.

Any number of state and federal politicians in Australia, including leaders, have now admitted they have, sometimes deeply, inhaled. Does anybody, anywhere, really care anymore if anybody, local doctor or politician or president, smoked cannabis when they were young? It would not appear so.

The question now is will Obama open up the United States to legal, widespread use of medicinal cannabis? At one point last week, 16 of the Top 50 most popular 'Obama, Please Make This Change' subjects on his Change.gov website were about legal cannabis for the sick and injured.

Will Obama betray the tens of millions of true believers who know, as he did, and presumably still does, that cannabis (including hemp) is one of the most miraculous of all the plants of this planet? Will he revive dying farm economies with the hope of Hemp, for its oil, its fibre, its biofuel value, the vast protein storied in its seeds?

Will he launch a new generation of Hemp For Victory farmers and industry?

http://yournewreality.blogspot.com/

Every president has done drugs at some point.Remember Bill Clinton saying something stupid like "I smoked a joint, but did not inhale":rolleyes: Also didn't B.O admit to doing coke at some point too.He can still blow/smoke for all I care, so long as he doesn't start playing around with the red buttons while he is high. I'm thinking of that scene from Dr Strangelove:D

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6T2uBeiNXAo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6T2uBeiNXAo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Well, well, well, turns out the big O is a shining example to potheads like me everywhere :D

I can just see the Prez getting home after a hard day at the Oval Office, chopping himself up a big mix and pulling cones in his study for the rest of the night while he watches basketball on ESPN. I daresay a call to a local pizza establishment may also be made, or perhaps his missus has a great recipe for Space Cake? :D

This is a non-issue.

I would be more concerned about his judgment of people based on his appointments of Emanuel, Clinton and Gates in his cabinet. Now that is a major issue in my book.

Well, well, well, turns out the big O is a shining example to potheads like me everywhere :D

I can just see the Prez getting home after a hard day at the Oval Office, chopping himself up a big mix and pulling cones in his study for the rest of the night while he watches basketball on ESPN. I daresay a call to a local pizza establishment may also be made, or perhaps his missus has a great recipe for Space Cake? :D

that's why you still see him have the odd cigarette. When he promised Michelle he'd give up smoking, he was actually talking about bucket bongs

who are you, and what have you done with Matt?

Either a hacking, an ellaborate and stubborn trolling attempt or he has found Jesus Christ.

Either way, he is doing my head in.

Good on him.
So what if he smoked pot in his youth....seriously, those who think he should not be POTUS because he dabbled in a bit of weed when he was younger, really need to step out of the 50s.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do they do psychological evaluations of all incoming presidents?

I know the Republicans repeatedly evaluated McCain's sanity (as did the US government) because of the torture he experienced in 'Nam.

Some former dope and alcohol addicts really can't function without it after a certian point, so that when they become "clean" they're actually less mentally alert than when they were high. might be an idea to keep Obama on the weed until his term is up.

And he certainly shouldn't quit smoking, last thing you want is a recovering nicotine addict cracking the sads and having his finger on the button.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back