Competition CCCC Round 10: Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Ahhh bugger, was supposed to post some entries but caught up with uni starting this week :(

I'll post them anyway, have a look if you wish.

----

Shrikey!
Port Adelaide and Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks (NRL)​

Mainly based around the similar colours, and I understand "Sharks" was one of the names tossed around at Alberton pre-Power.

Port Adelaide Shrikes

The new name is a combination of the histories of the club - obviously the Sharks and the old magpie, represented in the SA seal/CoA specifically as a piping shrike.

This is reflected in the logo, a SA shrike incorporated in the Cronulla shield

The home strip combines the Port V with the Sharkies current home jersey, and a new throwback kit as promoted on the website (but not in the store :confused:)

The away combines Port's 05 heritage jumper with the traditional single-hooped Sharks jersey, white also make up the number panel on both home and away jumpers.

----

Powerful stroke, that
Port Adelaide and Southern Redbacks (Domestic Cricket)​

Pretty obvious connection here.

Port Redbacks

South Australia's ISC one-day kit, circa 1995-7 (as worn by every professional team playing in Australia during that period) meets the traditional Prison Bars in this home kit, utilising the Redbacks predominant colour, red.

Oldtimers may recognise the away strip, one I designed for an early KOTW entry that involved domestic cricket teams entering the AFL. The redback silhoutte replaces the SBS motif at the front of the original Power design.

----

I also had entries for Portsmouth (name connection again) and the Arizona Diamondbacks (wordplaying on the port city's famous Black Diamond corner) in the works...

Nice work Smeags. As soon as I saw the Redbacks away guernsey I knew it was a re-hashed version from a KOTW eons ago. I can remember the hard time we all had finding a high-res Redbacks logo!

Ahhh bugger, was supposed to post some entries but caught up with uni starting this week :(

I'll post them anyway, have a look if you wish.

----

Shrikey!
Port Adelaide and Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks (NRL)​

Mainly based around the similar colours, and I understand "Sharks" was one of the names tossed around at Alberton pre-Power.

Port Adelaide Shrikes

The new name is a combination of the histories of the club - obviously the Sharks and the old magpie, represented in the SA seal/CoA specifically as a piping shrike.

This is reflected in the logo, a SA shrike incorporated in the Cronulla shield

The home strip combines the Port V with the Sharkies current home jersey, and a new throwback kit as promoted on the website (but not in the store :confused:)

The away combines Port's 05 heritage jumper with the traditional single-hooped Sharks jersey, white also make up the number panel on both home and away jumpers.

----

Powerful stroke, that
Port Adelaide and Southern Redbacks (Domestic Cricket)​

Pretty obvious connection here.

Port Redbacks

South Australia's ISC one-day kit, circa 1995-7 (as worn by every professional team playing in Australia during that period) meets the traditional Prison Bars in this home kit, utilising the Redbacks predominant colour, red.

Oldtimers may recognise the away strip, one I designed for an early KOTW entry that involved domestic cricket teams entering the AFL. The redback silhoutte replaces the SBS motif at the front of the original Power design.

----

I also had entries for Portsmouth (name connection again) and the Arizona Diamondbacks (wordplaying on the port city's famous Black Diamond corner) in the works...

Please don't slap me for being stupid, but whats the connection:(?

Redbacks - both Adelaide teams
Sharks - similar colour scheme

Sharks was suggested for the Crows, not Power, but it was blocked on legal grounds by Cronulla.

And please, don't quote the entire post if you're replying to just one line of it - makes it confusing.

Port Adelaide Power & Wests Tigers (NRL)

PORT ADELAIDE TIGERS
portadelaidetigerslogo.png

Both Port Adelaide and Wests Tigers are affiliated - either officially or unofficially - with minor league teams who have a magpie as a mascot: Port Adelaide Magpies (SANFL) and Western Suburbs Magpies (NSWRL) respectively.

portadelaidetigershome.png

The home jumper is based on Port's current home jumper but replaces teal with orange. Also, Western Suburbs Magpies also wear a black jumper with a double vee.

portadelaidetigersclash.png

The clash jumper is an orange version of the home jumper.

portadelaidetigersprese.png

The preseason jumper is based on Port's original home jumper from 1997 to 2009. However, the geometric shapes have been replaced by tiger claw scratch marks.

portadelaidetigers.png

Did you purposely make the Pre-Season guernsey kinda the same as the old Port Adelaide guernsey? Just different colours

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back