Politics Centrelink

Remove this Banner Ad

Herne Hill Hammer

Premium Platinum
Jun 22, 2008
Cowes
AFL Club
Geelong
Shared accommodation blocks and Junior Sailors bar (with pool) at Harman used to be great, definitely politician suitable

Used to be cheap drinks on Thursday night at the bar called "Bop and Flop" plenty of opportunities for unsolicited groping

Head on into Moosehads after and pick fights with ADFA cadets ..................

Let them eat at the Central Cafe in Queanbeyan, used to do a ripper chicken salad !
Central Cafe, all the waitresses were hot redheads when I used to go, the meals were massive, the Brumbies and Raiders used to eat there a bit because of the size of the meals I'd say. It did close down for awhile but I remember seeing a post of fb not too long ago saying that it was re-opening.

Crusey

Senior List
May 1, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I used to walk to the Cafe from Harman every Saturday or Sunday in the early nineties

Half a chicken on salad with an iced coffee for 14 bucks, price stayed the same for years, ripper place

They had a deal where if you could eat all of their big breakfast fry up, they would give you one for free (was bloody huge) never saw anyone do it

I was at Harman in 89 then from 92 - 96, great Navy posting

I played a season of footy with the Harman Hoggies

Last edited:

Herne Hill Hammer

Premium Platinum
Jun 22, 2008
Cowes
AFL Club
Geelong
I used to walk to the Cafe from Harman every Saturday or Sunday in the early nineties

Half a chicken on salad with an iced coffee for 14 bucks, price stayed the same for years, ripper place

They had a deal where if you could eat all of their big breakfast fry up, they would give you one for free (was bloody huge) never saw anyone do it

I was at Harman in 89 then from 92 - 96, great Navy posting

I played a season of footy with the Harman Hoggies
Never played footy, knew a few that did. I played a few seasons of cricket with them.

They spent about $500,000 refurbishing the JS piss bar and no one used it outside of the sporting clubs. I asked some young blokes why they didn't drink there and they always said they preferred going into Queanbeyan or the city.

I asked them why they didn't have a few drinks for a dollar something a stubby before they went out instead of paying $5.50 at the joints they were going to? Never an answer, they were mad. sh*t, when the bar closed I know the SS mess had coke vending machines with beer in them for a dollar a can.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

NSWCROW

TheBrownDog
Sep 16, 2006
NW SYNNEY
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
STURT - LIVERPOOL
Words fail me for once. Blockchain (it's what plants crave!) coming soon to a One App To Rule Them All near you.

The logical followup to fortnightly reporting going from two lines on one web page to 16 pages. It's all about compliance and tripping people up - and you have to prove you were not at fault, not they have to prove you were.

cap understood.jpg

Gough

Sep 29, 2006
AFL Club
Hawthorn

yodellinhank

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 22, 2008
Geelong
AFL Club
Essendon

yodellinhank

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 22, 2008
Geelong
AFL Club
Essendon
That, and conditions that are debilitating yet don't involve levels of limb withering, involuntary twitching and drooling.
Even those who have physical symptoms, if it is from an unknown cause with an unknown outcome, will a bean counter tick off on treatments or say they aren't cost effective?

I'm guessing the beurocrat is going to be judged on what the financial scorecard says and not the effectiveness of the scheme...

Over The Post

Bless you, my children
Nov 17, 2007
Bikini Atoll
AFL Club
Richmond
I'm guessing the beurocrat is going to be judged on what the financial scorecard says and not the effectiveness of the scheme...
Got it in one. I'm sure they will be qualified professionals doing the assessment, they will be qualified professionals with KPIs linked to how many assessments they churn through and it will be probably unstated but made completely clear to them that their contract depends upon approval percentages and average dollar spend per "client."

Basically a high-rent version of being in a call centre where number of calls and time per call are the only criteria keeping someone in work, not how good they are with "clients" or how much help they are able to provide.

Kram

I'll brik u
May 2, 2007
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bears, de Boer, Arsenal
There's a seemingly endless pot of gold for this government to waste on franking credits or mining subsidies but when it comes the most needy suddenly government resources become sparing.
I can't wait to sit back after a lifetime of working hard and being smart collecting my FC cash refunds.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chief

Overlord
Dec 1, 1999
Brisbane
AFL Club
Carlton
Got it in one. I'm sure they will be qualified professionals doing the assessment, they will be qualified professionals with KPIs linked to how many assessments they churn through and it will be probably unstated but made completely clear to them that their contract depends upon approval percentages and average dollar spend per "client."

Basically a high-rent version of being in a call centre where number of calls and time per call are the only criteria keeping someone in work, not how good they are with "clients" or how much help they are able to provide.
They did this in the UK. Absolutely destroyed people. Look up PIP assessments.

Over The Post

Bless you, my children
Nov 17, 2007
Bikini Atoll
AFL Club
Richmond
Yeah, as if this was ever going to be restricted to people turning down jobs.

that smarmy b*tch said:
At the time, Senator Cash said the hotline was for employers to report people who failed “to accept suitable employment”. She later told Senate estimates the hotline would cover “spam applications that waste employers’ resources and crowd out genuine applicants” and people who quit their jobs without a valid reason.
So if I submit an application for something I've not done before but I'm interested in, I could be dobbed in for "resume spamming"... fu** 'em.

NSWCROW

TheBrownDog
Sep 16, 2006
NW SYNNEY
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
STURT - LIVERPOOL
Which one these dumb campaigners think is gonna be held accountable if , for arguments sake , there's a personality clash during the interview, employer dobs applicant in , applicant loses their money then applicant goes back and kills said employer ???

Chief

Overlord
Dec 1, 1999
Brisbane
AFL Club
Carlton
So it’s apply for jobs, even if there are no suitable jobs, but don’t apply for jobs you can’t get, don’t look sideways at the potential employer, take whatever conditions they offer...

It’s a big end run around worker rights: get them scared before they even arrive at the interview. Prime then to accept whatever conditions the employer offers. Then if they complain, point out they agreed to this shitty deal so suck it up. And remind them they can’t quit “without good reason”.

Gough

Sep 29, 2006
AFL Club
Hawthorn
So it’s apply for jobs, even if there are no suitable jobs, but don’t apply for jobs you can’t get, don’t look sideways at the potential employer, take whatever conditions they offer...

It’s a big end run around worker rights: get them scared before they even arrive at the interview. Prime then to accept whatever conditions the employer offers. Then if they complain, point out they agreed to this shitty deal so suck it up. And remind them they can’t quit “without good reason”.
Just doing god's work.

Number37

Anyhow, have a Winfield 25.
Oct 5, 2013
AFL Club
Sydney

Will end with the same ignominy as Robodebt.

Over The Post

Bless you, my children
Nov 17, 2007
Bikini Atoll
AFL Club
Richmond
Which one these dumb campaigners think is gonna be held accountable if , for arguments sake , there's a personality clash during the interview, employer dobs applicant in , applicant loses their money then applicant goes back and kills said employer ???
10000000000000000% they will protect the identity of the anonymous dobber. You will not be allowed to know who, only that you have "failed to meet your obligations". It then becomes a lottery as to which of the 20 applications you did this month was the guilty party.

Unless you walked out of a job after having discovered how shitful it or your management/workmates were.

Kram

I'll brik u
May 2, 2007
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bears, de Boer, Arsenal
Instead of things like making people spam a load of pointless job applications the one mutual obligation there actually should be is that you have to send your kids to school regularly.

How is the poverty loop be broken if their children grow up to be adults not able to even read an write? It's simply nuts.

Over The Post

Bless you, my children
Nov 17, 2007
Bikini Atoll
AFL Club
Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad