xInfected_Virus

Team Captain
Apr 23, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Richmond and Collingwood.
In: McGovern, one of either Reid, Jones or maybe even XON
Out: Cole (did well but unlucky and harsh), Cameron (should play in Beagles to find his form)

Rotham stays since he's showed that he's AFL standard and he's played really well against the Blues, he's finally made the next leap from being WAFL standard to AFL standard. As good as Cole's been during our wins he unfortunately has to make way for Gov. With Gov, Barrass and Rotham, we'll have a better chance against a taller forward line. Cameron, asides from that one cheap goal, he hasn't shown much during his time in seniors this year.

Jiggyman

Premiership Player
Apr 1, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
In: McGovern (if fit)
Out: Rotham (unlucky)

That's all we can realistically expect atm.
Cameron gets another game, hopefully he can build some match fitness. If he's dropped, Reid gets a go.

Sep 16, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
Shuey gona miss?
2018MRPGraph-v2.jpg

Careless/low/body, fine at most.

UseR2006

Club Legend
Aug 2, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
In: McGovern, Reid, XON
Out: Rotham, Cameron, (any of our Mids if they require a rest).

Figure with 2 more games at home we might give a sore mid or two a rest before we possibly hit the road again.
Gov back if fit, if not Rotham stays or we give the Young Edwards another crack.

Cameron has to go, has been terrible the last 3 matches.

Ok Boomer

Cancelled
A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life
Jul 27, 2015
South West
AFL Club
West Coast
I think that we can keep carrying Cameron for now despite the fact he looks a bit off the pace. Who comes in for him? Venables, Petruccelle, Jones are all injured.

Mar 21, 2017
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Scorchers, Scuderia Ferrari
In: McGovern, one of either Reid, Jones or maybe even XON
Out: Cole (did well but unlucky and harsh), Cameron (should play in Beagles to find his form)

Rotham stays since he's showed that he's AFL standard and he's played really well against the Blues, he's finally made the next leap from being WAFL standard to AFL standard. As good as Cole's been during our wins he unfortunately has to make way for Gov. With Gov, Barrass and Rotham, we'll have a better chance against a taller forward line. Cameron, asides from that one cheap goal, he hasn't shown much during his time in seniors this year.
Yeah, don’t see that Cole change happening. He’s been in good touch and our balance we have down back is pretty spot on. No need to have Barrass, Gov, Hurn, and Rotham in the same team.

shooshka

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
2018MRPGraph-v2.jpg

Careless/low/body, fine at most.
I'm fairly certain there is a fixed financial penalty for a trip (unless it is severe).

He should get a fine and that's it. Was clumsy, not malicious and probably not intentional (given he was changing direction and also flung his arm out to get momentum changed).

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

DanWCE

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 2, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
In: Gov, Exxon
Out: Rotham (stiff), Cameron

Weather depending I'd be alright with Hurn getting a rest, only if he has no intentions to hub again. Shepp continues to throw his body into contests and might be a bit ginger as well. Lots of i50s conceded today in a slog, if Rotham is fresh I'd rather we rotate out whoever needs a week to set themselves up for the rest of the year.

No idea how Jetta gets back. Don't think he will hub again.

Mar 21, 2017
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Scorchers, Scuderia Ferrari
All these people calling for Rotham to be dropped, mad the lot of ya’s!
Gov needs to earn his spot back through the scrimmages.
The best defender of his generation having to earn his spot back through the 2’s?

Yeah, nah.

whatis

Club Legend
Jun 3, 2011
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
I can't believe the coverage of Shuey's "trip". Just saw the vision; planted his foot and it's just our standard reach out and corral. Completely incidental and Shuey was tripped almost as much as Curnow. He should contest it even if he gets a fine. What saltiness.

I can't believe the coverage of Shuey's "trip". Just saw the vision; planted his foot and it's just our standard reach out and corral. Completely incidental and Shuey was tripped almost as much as Curnow. He should contest it even if he gets a fine. What saltiness.
The first angle they showed at the game looked like he just got his planted foot tangled up, but there is another angle where he gives it a decent (albeit instinctive/reflexive) swing. It's a trip. He'll get a fine. So be it.

Gov for Rotham, unlucky but we don’t need all of Gov, Barrass, Rotham, Hurn and Sheppard against Hawthorn’s forward line.

Genuinely torn about what to do with Cameron. He’s the sort of player that will benefit from extra time at the top level, and he should be benefiting from the extra match practice over the last four or five weeks as opposed to what he’d be getting if he was stuck in the scrimmage squad, but he’s still struggling to get involved in games at all. If we had any options other than Reid (I’m not convinced about him) and Treacy (the match committee clearly aren’t convinced about him) then I’d say it was time for him to have a spell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back