Prediction Changes Dogs V North 18/6/2013

Remove this Banner Ad

I think the team is ok. Should be enough to beat North, they do have Simpkin back and all their kids look good, but they are a few seasons away from beating teams who should be where we are.

I'd rather not see the likes of Hannan and O'Brien but it is what it is. You'd hope the three guys we drafted this season are the guys taking those spots from next year onwards. None seem ready this year and a couple have had interrupted seasons with injuries.

JOD can go back to developing his game in the 2s, the last 5 games have been a waste really but looking forward to him going back with confidence and getting back to what he was doing last time he was in the reserves. Jones has had a successful run in the side, was time for him to go back and work on his game and hopefully next time he comes in he is a more rounded offensive player (do like the pressure he is bringing defensively but can only have so much influence without getting it, averaging 6 touches with no goals in the last four). Bruce, might be the last we see of him unfortunately, seems like a great guy who is genuinely happy with the success of those around him and would be awesome around the club, but don't think he has it as a defender and don't think his body with those knee injuries allow him to be the player he needs to be at either end at AFL level.

Cleary is the only one I'm disappointed in not seeing. Been good in the 2s, showed good signs in his two games last season, have a couple of defenders out with injuries. Seems like a good opportunity to see where he is at. Think thats a missed opportunity but it is what it is. The committee mustn't be happy with something he is doing and want him to keep working on that in the lower level.

Hannan and OBrien hey, feels like I only got 2 of 3 in a trifecta again with McComb missing selection. I will have to hope for a protest and late change

I’d bring in Crozier for Hannan. West, Scott & Weightman as the small forwards.

At the moment we don’t have a 7th defender on the bench so it’s assumed Daniel will play there. At the moment we have no mid sized defenders in the 22.
Will probably be Scott as the 7th defender, don’t love it but I’m almost certain it will be. He was going well forward dunno why we have to resort to playing him in a position he sucks in

Scott forward over Hannan and Cleary back would have been nice.

A medium tall forward who is just attrocious at ground level, whose one strength is pinging shots at goal and hoping 1 in 5 go in…. It’s just not what we need right now lol, no defensive side, no pressure, no ability at ground level.

Genuinely the last thing this forward line needs lmao

Will probably be Scott as the 7th defender, don’t love it but I’m almost certain it will be. He was going well forward dunno why we have to resort to playing him in a position he sucks in

Scott forward over Hannan and Cleary back would have been nice.

A medium tall forward who is just attrocious at ground level, whose one strength is pinging shots at goal and hoping 1 in 5 go in…. It’s just not what we need right now lol, no defensive side, no pressure, no ability at ground level.

Genuinely the last thing this forward line needs lmao

It's an upgrade on O'Donnell

No, just that he's provably played better than the guy who he is replacing, who had literally 0 touches from running around on the ground for 70% of it.

I don't get how people can criticise the team and be doomerist and say we're not going to play final, but then at the same time not think we have to pick between a bunch of bad players. If we didn't have bad players that we had to pick between, people wouldn't be saying that our team is bad and may not make finals?
I get your optimism but we are not playing well atm. So it is ok to vent about the performance of our spud players. Hannan is one of them. If he improves 20 per cent he will be good.

i dont understand the negativity around hannan and obrien
yes they made mistakes .. so has the bont
one or two players wont fix what is systemically disfunctional in the forward line
we are in a funk at the moment and its due to form across the board
Hannan and O'Brien are done there are better 18 year Olds both have never ever played a good game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At least mccomb and Gardiner are not in so I'm looking at the glass half full.

The 3 ins couldn't possibly do any worse than the output from the outs last week.

Need to get the job done and hopefully the forwards can have a good day and build some confidence back.

I’m not a Hannan fan at all, but he does have pace and if he’s playing in the forward line I do understand it. The North defenders are pretty slow, so I can see him exploiting that if given the opportunity.

That said, Jones might’ve been able to do the same and he’s part of our future in a way Mitch isn’t do I’d have rolled with Arty again probably. But let’s see how it goes.

Around $4 on a North Melbourne emotional hedge might not be a bad idea though.

Easier game for the ins.
Would have been an easier game for Jones as well.
The reason for all the melts. Well even the media.are bewildered with our team selection and team balance . Since our last win it has been appalling.
So cometh the melts.

Easier game for the ins.
Would have been an easier game for Jones as well.
The reason for all the melts. Well even the media.are bewildered with our team selection and team balance . Since our last win it has been appalling.
So cometh the melts.

Arty has been mismanaged terribly this week. Perfect game to have him as the sub, let him come on against tiring legs and get some confidence back.

But no, throw him to the wolves in shitty conditions in a game where he’s now going to be rock bottom in confidence. Sub or two weeks off was what he needed, not just a game at a lower level.

We're one of the only two teams to have not had a player suspended this year, along with the Suns. I reckon we'll run out of luck this week and Vandermeer will clothesline someone.

Arty has been mismanaged terribly this week. Perfect game to have him as the sub, let him come on against tiring legs and get some confidence back.

But no, throw him to the wolves in shitty conditions in a game where he’s now going to be rock bottom in confidence. Sub or two weeks off was what he needed, not just a game at a lower level.

Come on mate , I am assuming he is fit ?
If he is fit , he should be playing.
This is his second year ,
Ted would roll in his grave mollycoddling fit footballers !

Remove this Banner Ad

Back