Strategy Changes for final Subi game v Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

CM9000 - this may illustrate my point:
under 25s games.JPG
Apart from the obvious (last in every category) the thing that sticks out for me are that whilst we have a low amount of players on the list in total it's not that much lower than everyone else, the big problem is that we debut so few of our young players and give them such little experience.

You can't just magically get games into these guys, it can't be rectified next season, the damage has been done.

With all the retirements and added focus on youth, plus our plan to originally debut youngsters who got injured (Rioli, Waterman, Vennables), I think it's pretty safe to assume we're looking to fix it next season.

With all the retirements and added focus on youth, plus our plan to originally debut youngsters who got injured (Rioli, Waterman, Vennables), I think it's pretty safe to assume we're looking to fix it next season.
You're missing the point, we sacrificed the future two years in a row to lose in an EF and then finish 9th, the club is being run by incompetent morons. That is why I'm annoyed, not because we didn't pick Waterman this week.

You're missing the point, we sacrificed the future two years in a row to lose in an EF and then finish 9th, the club is being run by incompetent morons. That is why I'm annoyed, not because we didn't pick Waterman this week.

You can't predict we would've finished 9th after getting Sam Mitchell or pantsed in the EF last year after the form we were in. Additionally, how do you know a fall in 2018 is set in stone? I reckon we'll be up there next year

By your logic, after 2005 we should have retired everyone and played all the kids.

You can't predict we would've finished 9th after getting Sam Mitchell or pantsed in the EF last year after the form we were in. Additionally, how do you know a fall in 2018 is set in stone? I reckon we'll be up there next year
We weren't in good form last year, we played 2 or 3 good games for the whole season and this year was very predictable, particularly without Nic Nat to cover over the midfield cracks. Not sure how good you think Sam Mitchell is but he's 34 years old and his best is well behind him. I was under the impression we brought Mitchell in to mentor our young guys this year, most of whom hardly got to play with him at all. And I haven't said anything about a fall next year, I'm sure we'll be perfectly mediocre like this year with no chance of competing for a flag unless we manage to pull off an amazing coup in the off-season.

We weren't in good form last year, we played 2 or 3 good games for the whole season and this year was very predictable, particularly without Nic Nat to cover over the midfield cracks. Not sure how good you think Sam Mitchell is but he's 34 years old and his best is well behind him. I was under the impression we brought Mitchell in to mentor our young guys this year, most of whom hardly got to play with him at all. And I haven't said anything about a fall next year, I'm sure we'll be perfectly mediocre like this year with no chance of competing for a flag unless we manage to pull off an amazing coup in the off-season.

I assumed Sam Mitchell would have a massive effect on our midfield and club as a whole, which many did on here as well, while we were also being tipped to make the top 4 by a lot of people. It wasn't as inevitable as you make it out to be.

Unfortunately, through whatever reasons (I think coaching changes), we've had a terrible year, but I do think there's light at the end of the tunnel.

We'll have a different coaching group, new midfield, new forward line, Nic back, with a good mix of experience and youth. Overall, I think we're looking good.

But I do agree with you on recruitment and (to a lesser extent) development. Rohan O'Brien has stuffed up quite a few picks over the years (SPP, Mitch McGovern e.g.) and I do feel he should be replace.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hindsight game is strong in this thread.
c51d7a40dc4df6ccd2057e08d39f19a5.jpg

I just think we've got some very unintelligent people involved in many facets of our club. There's a mountain of evidence piling up that these people have no idea what they're doing.
Jobs for the boys.

This is what happens when the boys have been there a few years too long. eg Richmond rewarding mediocrity by resigning a coach that can't even win one single final out of 4.

Who the * makes these decisions and how far up your own or someone else's arse do you need to place your own head before reality disappears...

CM9000 - this may illustrate my point:
View attachment 407904
Apart from the obvious (last in every category) the thing that sticks out for me are that whilst we have a low amount of players on the list in total it's not that much lower than everyone else, the big problem is that we debut so few of our young players and give them such little experience.

Nah it looks ok to me.

We won 3 flags too right?...right?

upload_2017-8-26_0-3-44.png

Yes, Beau Waters should have won the NS; you're right.
Bitch please, Buttman layed 400% more tackles than Waters, same inside and rebound 50's, one more clearance, 300% less clangers, only 2 less CP from 12 less touches. Face it the bloke dominated.

Plus to let Beau feel good about himself he let him go up and get his medal before him...

Is this a new plan/tactic? Thought he was trying to expose the opposition for height all season. A players height is irrelevant - they select the team based on credits.

Dear sir,

Yes it's a brand new tactic. height is very relevant as I'll clearly point out.

Can everyone kick a ball? Yes
Can everybody run? Yes
Can everybody mark the ball? Yes
Is everyone over 200cm tall? No

It's a game of inches mate, a game of inches. Watch and learn.
Mitch brown is gonna tear them a new one

Remove this Banner Ad

Back