IQ Moore Madge
Daicos Macrae sidey
Whe Cameron checkers
McCreery Cox Degoey
Grundy pendles crisp

Thomas, Murphy, greenwood, Rantall

out: Adams, sier, brown, mayne
In: Cameron, Murphy, Macrae, Rantall,

When asked about likely depth players who are knocking down the door, Buckley named Cameron, Levi and then a couple of our draft picks who are getting some games under their belt. It was not confidence inspiring.

So he mentioned an inexperienced kpp/ruck who deserves opportunities, a senior player who is a direct replacement for Adams and Sier (and possibly Mayne)... and some kids?

What else are you expecting? Hes mentioned draftees!!!!

What has happened to Rantall?

He played one pre-season game against Richmond 2 years ago and looked like a great decision maker and ball user that could run all day.

Haven't heard a single thing about him since.

Has anyone seen him play in the VFL? Any obvious major flaws?

He wasnt at Collingwood 2 years ago.

The VFL was cancelled last year due to COVID and hasnt started this year yet for presumably the same reasons.

So his major flaw is that he hasnt played an actual game for premiership points yet.

OUT: C. Brown - Greenwood - Adams - Sier (if ill)
IN: Macrae - Murphy Wilson - Cameron - Rantall (if Sier is out)

FB: Isaac Quaynor - Jordan Roughead - Jeremy Howe
HB: Tom Wilson - Darcy Moore - John Noble
C: Josh Daicos - Brayden Maynard - Jack Crisp
HF: Brody Mihocek - Darcy Cameron - Steele Sidebottom
FF: Beau McCreery - Mason Cox - Josh Thomas
FOLL: Brodie Grundy - Scott Pendlebury - Jordan De Goey
INT: Finlay Macrae - Jack Madgen - Will Hoskin-Elliott - Jay Rantall / Brayden Sier
EMERG: Chris Mayne

I would like to see us go tall up forward, as I imagine JDG will have to spend more time in the middle with Tay and potentially Sier out. Cameron has been playing well in the reserves and frankly deserves a call-up. I also think that we need some grunt and speed in the middle of the ground, which is why I'd like Maynard and Crisp to be pushed up the field and give Wilson a crack off of half-back (I originally had Murphy in, but forgot he got concussed). May as well see what he's got, and he's versatile enough to move up the ground if our defence suffers too much without Bruz and Crispy. I also think it's time to give the kids a crack - Greenwood is a trier, but he's toast, and Cal Brown is simply beyond words, so I'd blood Macrae and Rantall. Wish I could find a way to drop WHE, but 5 changes is a bit extreme. If Sier gets up I'd be able to find a way to boot WHE

Last edited:
Just on Sier is it correct that he was subbed out due to gastro? If so is this ringing any alarm bells with anyone else? My mind immediately goes to him infecting others within the group as a given. The next logical step if that’s the case is what did we learn from COVID? I’d love to know the discussions behind closed doors about this...

I'm assuming Sier will be the first player exempted from the new 12 day rule due to illness not injury forcing the sub. He will play I reckon

Outs Adams Thomas C Brown Mayne
In Greenwood Cameron MacRae Rantall

Mayne to be the sub. We cant afford to run both Greenwood and Mayne in the same 22

The 12 days is for concussion only.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Just on Sier is it correct that he was subbed out due to gastro? If so is this ringing any alarm bells with anyone else? My mind immediately goes to him infecting others within the group as a given. The next logical step if that’s the case is what did we learn from COVID? I’d love to know the discussions behind closed doors about this...

Gastro can come on very quickly. Not sure of your point. I doubt the club would have played him if he had symptoms prior to the game.

The problem with WHE is his second half last night will earn him another 2+ weeks in the seniors in the eyes of our selection panel.

His 1st half was dismal and I was hoping that would be the end to enable a dropping and a new debutant however the 2nd half will guarantee him selection next week.

On CPH1951 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yes, WHE reminds me of a top order test batsman who makes 8 scores in a row of less than 10. Then when most are calling for his head he makes a 40, which saves his bacon. His supporters then come out and say he has emphatically answered his critics, even though his batting average might still only be 11.

Last edited:
Gastro can come on very quickly. Not sure of your point. I doubt the club would have played him if he had symptoms prior to the game.

They came on in the space of 45 minutes? I’d say the odds of him being fine pre-bounce with the manoeuvring we did on Greenwood and Ruscoe are pretty much zero. I mean why else would we hold over Ruscoe only to then use Greenwood as the sub? The luck for all that to take place is off the charts.

I’m confident he had symptoms, he knows he’s hanging on to his position in the best 22 by a thread and he chose to play through it. There’s no finger pointing from me in this situation and the main point would be that the environment needs to change.

Edit: “the environment needs to change” is wrong. A teachable moment is a more apt way of looking at it. The way I phrased my post was to ask questions which would open up a discussion by doing so we consider ways we can learn and improve as a club. IMO, it was handled poorly last night which opens us up to further problems.

Last edited:
I would actually hold off the debuts this week, send the same pigs out to slaughter again. It’ll be a blowout either way and the crowd will be feral. I bet that absolute feral WC fan with the moustache will be there booing his heart out again

Were are all the buckley lovers we lost to Gws who had 8 out of there best 12 players missing.
Buckley being buckley , his worried about his win/lose ratio this will be our changes for next week
in greenwood mcrae
out sier adams

Doubt Macrae be Picked

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The 12 days is for concussion only.

Nah I think the medical sub is a 12 day automatic standown for any injury and then you need to apply for permission for a player to play the next week. Unless it’s a concussion.

I believe the rule applies to all subs to avoid clubs taking the pi55... I recall Richmond initially considering asking for exemption for Vlaustin

It is a hard 12 days for concussions. The injury sub gets activated by a club doctor if it is reasonably determined that the player will not play in any game for 12 days. There is nothing stopping a player coming back earlier if they recover quicker, ie. no exemption is required as I understand it? The guard against exploiting the rule is the medico being required to provide a certificate to the afl the next day.

Making a reasonable determination that a player won’t play for 12 days on the back of “gastro” is rather interesting...

They came on in the space of 45 minutes? I’d say the odds of him being fine pre-bounce with the manoeuvring we did on Greenwood and Ruscoe are pretty much zero. I mean why else would we hold over Ruscoe only to then use Greenwood as the sub? The luck for all that to take place is off the charts.

I’m confident he had symptoms, he knows he’s hanging on to his position in the best 22 by a thread and he chose to play through it. There’s no finger pointing from me in this situation and the main point would be that the environment needs to change.

The fact your denying finger pointing means you know you were finger pointing!

Well clearly he had it but having sufficient symptoms to recognise whether he was not ok to get through a game is something else. Presumably he felt less than 100% but I think its pretty poor form to be implying that he has let the side down by not putting his hand up earlier.

Nah I think the medical sub is a 12 day automatic standown for any injury and then you need to apply for permission for a player to play the next week. Unless it’s a concussion.

I haven’t read anything in the rules about an exemption process. I have read the rule regarding how a medical sub is activated by the Club Medical Officer. That reads to me as the protection mechanism. The doc has to reasonably determine that the player is likely to miss 12 days.

On that basis I reckon that Sier was suffering something other than the garden variety “gastro”.

I would actually hold off the debuts this week, send the same pigs out to slaughter again. It’ll be a blowout either way and the crowd will be feral. I bet that absolute feral WC fan with the moustache will be there booing his heart out again
Survival instinct. Bucks can go over there and slaughtered with his “best side” or can go over there and get slaughtered with “the kids”

Either way the result is the same, can drop the kids the week after and use it as a learning experience and bring back Mayne again the next week, but also extend his job for an extra couple of weeks.

The fact your denying finger pointing means you know you were finger pointing!

Well clearly he had it but having sufficient symptoms to recognise whether he was not ok to get through a game is something else. Presumably he felt less than 100% but I think its pretty poor form to be implying that he has let the side down by not putting his hand up earlier.

You changed your tube very quickly! Let’s go along with your finger pointing narrative. It’s quite the opposite to him letting the team down rather the club has a shared responsibility in his welfare and the players around him.

You changed your tube very quickly! Let’s go along with your finger pointing narrative. It’s quite the opposite to him letting the team down rather the club has a shared responsibility in his welfare and the players around him.

If he doesnt know hes unwell enough to not play the club certainly wont know either. Maybe he should have said hes feeling a bit off but players go into games feeling less than 100% all the time. I reckon the real symptoms only manifested themselves with the physical exertion of playing a game making him worse to the point that he couldnt play.. which was my point at the start which maybe I didnt word that well. I havent changed my tune. I doubt Sier felt sufficient symptoms before the game to assume hed have a problem playing 100 minutes.

Last edited:
So Adams is definitely out. DeGoey has a finger injury that they scanned this morning, Sidebottom has a hand injury they scanned this morning.

Sier has the sh!ts.
And then there are players that give the supporters the sh!ts... so 8 changes this week.

Wait, what's this about JDG and Sidebottom? I do recall JDG standing there like something had happened.

So Adams is definitely out. DeGoey has a finger injury that they scanned this morning, Sidebottom has a hand injury they scanned this morning.

Sier has the sh!ts.
And then there are players that give the supporters the sh!ts... so 8 changes this week.
Wait so we may be without not only Adams but De Goey & Sidebottom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back