Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 5 vs. WCE, OS Fri 16/04 @ 8:10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just on Sier is it correct that he was subbed out due to gastro? If so is this ringing any alarm bells with anyone else? My mind immediately goes to him infecting others within the group as a given. The next logical step if that’s the case is what did we learn from COVID? I’d love to know the discussions behind closed doors about this...
Is gastro just code for no tank?

Were are all the buckley lovers we lost to Gws who had 8 out of there best 12 players missing.
Buckley being buckley , his worried about his win/lose ratio this will be our changes for next week
in greenwood mcrae
out sier adams
I'm not sure what your point is with the changes you're talking about. They look like pretty reasonable changes to me.

John Ralph just reported Sidey and DeGoey in for scans today. Sidey a calf and DeGoey finger again. Might see the younger players next week anyway. Add this to Adams and we’re screwed.

John Ralph just reported Sidey and DeGoey in for scans today. Sidey a calf and DeGoey finger again. Might see the younger players next week anyway. Add this to Adams and we’re screwed.
Don’t panic dude.

So he mentioned an inexperienced kpp/ruck who deserves opportunities, a senior player who is a direct replacement for Adams and Sier (and possibly Mayne)... and some kids?

What else are you expecting? Hes mentioned draftees!!!!
The fact that he named two players who have bounced back and forth from seniors to VFL as our next best options was frightening and depressing. The draftees were simply noted as progressing not ready to play.

The fact that he named two players who have bounced back and forth from seniors to VFL as our next best options was frightening and depressing. The draftees were simply noted as progressing not ready to play.

As I said Cameron has been out for structural reasons. I consider him in the "developing players Bucks needs to give an opportunity to" anyway... his date of birth is largely irrelevant. Greenwood will need to come in if we lose both Adams and Sier. Hopefully a debutant or two some in as well.

As I said Cameron has been out for structural reasons. I consider him in the "developing players Bucks needs to give an opportunity to" anyway... his date of birth is largely irrelevant. Greenwood will need to come in if we lose both Adams and Sier. Hopefully a debutant or two some in as well.
Who goes out? Grundy or Cox? Mihocek? Playing Cameron alongside those two against the Eagles would be a huge gamble.

Who goes out? Grundy or Cox? Mihocek? Playing Cameron alongside those two against the Eagles would be a huge gamble.

Thats been the dilemma all the way along and why he hasnt had more games....the club not prepared to risk it by going tall. Up until last week I would have been calling WHE to go out and Mihocek to be the third kpp. And realistically WHE was still missing in action for three quarters yesterday despite playing like in was 2018 for a fifteen minute period. It wouldnt shock me if they drop him just when hes starting to find some form.

Maybe drop Mayne and move WHE to the middle of the ground.

Last edited:

I agree, but for some reason it seemed to work ok in that final last year. (Yeah I know we'll get smashed next week)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even more reason for us Pie fans to fear next week's match against your mob. No way the Weagles put in 2 stinkers in a row. They'll be breathing fire.

Of course we're all hoping for that on our side - but also a bit of a blueprint has been revealed against us (not the first time we have lost that exact way either).

Hurn, Shirt, Yeo are VERY noticeable absences to our squad it seems, more than we would have anticipated (not talking about skill here but heart and soul).

Of course we're all hoping for that on our side - but also a bit of a blueprint has been revealed against us (not the first time we have lost that exact way either).

Hurn, Shirt, Yeo are VERY noticeable absences to our squad it seems, more than we would have anticipated (not talking about skill here but heart and soul).
Bet you wouldn't put your money where your mouth is though, eh? Pies must be paying north of $2.50 head to head with the bookies - care to invest a lazy $20 on the underdogs? ;)

B Howe Roughead Madgen
HB Maynard Moore Quaynor
C Crisp Pendlebury McCrae*
HF Murphy* Mihocek Daicos
F Cameron DeGoey McGreevey
Foll Grundy Greenwood Sidebottom
I/C Poulter* Noble Hoskin-Elliot Sier

The ins are marked with asterisks.
Murphy is seasoned. He needs chances now (and had good VFL form). McCrae and Poulter also had good VFL form (Poulter played last year in the SANFL; he has “match fitness”.
We are playing the Eagles without Hurn, Shuey and Yeo. If we can strangle Ryan (like the Saints did), it could be more interesting than imagined...
If Sier doesn’t recover from the squirts, in comes McInness.
No more Browns. No more Thomas. No more Cox. Both rucks rest up forward. Cameron can throw his weight around inside 50 and in the ruck (more than what Cox does). Cox will never be a viable, consistent key forward. Neither will he be a physical presence around the ground. No more. Time to plan for 2022 and beyond.

GWS reserves beat us by 5 goals on our home ground.......

A lot of negativity in this thread - did noone see what St Kilda just did to us in the second half?!
We are crap, what St Kilda did you guys is irelevant we just want to stop being crap and it isnt going to happen anytime soon.

B Howe Roughead Madgen
HB Maynard Moore Quaynor

Murphy is seasoned. He needs chances now (and had good VFL form). McCrae and Poulter also had good VFL form (Poulter played last year in the SANFL; he has “match fitness”.
We are playing the Eagles without Hurn, Shuey and Yeo. If we can strangle Ryan (like the Saints did), it could be more interesting than imagined...
No more Browns. No more Thomas. No more Cox. Both rucks rest up forward. Cameron can throw his weight around inside 50 and in the ruck (more than what Cox does). Cox will never be a viable, consistent key forward. Neither will he be a physical presence around the ground. No more. Time to plan for 2022 and beyond.

Why would a player like Murphy get a game when it feels like he has been around for a few years now and given us bugger all, add the likes of Lynch to the same list!

Anyway It’ll be Cameron, McCrae, Kelly & Poulter the ins next week.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Why would a player like Murphy get a game when it feels like he has been around for a few years now and given us bugger all, add the likes of Lynch to the same list!

Anyway It’ll be Cameron, McCrae, Kelly & Poulter the ins next week.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I’d happily take your ins.
Murphy can play.
He’s had a bad run with injuries and he’s been trying to break into a GF team in 2018; a Prelim team in 2019; covid ruined 2020 for many VFL players trying to prove a point. This year, we are crap. Opportunities present. It’s time to show his wares over 6-10 weeks. He has size and skills. It’s make or break.

I missed the game. What was this “blueprint”?

B Howe Roughead Madgen
HB Maynard Moore Quaynor

Cox is one of the few players who looks likely to create scoring opportunities . He has been excellent this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back