Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 5 vs. WCE, OS Fri 16/04 @ 8:10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cameron, Rantall, Macrae, Keane, T Brown and Kelly. They're the ins.

The outs are Sier, Adams, C Brown, Thomas, Roughead and Mayne.

That's

Rantall for Adams
Macrae for C Brown
Keane for Roughead
T Brown for Sier
Cameron for Thomas
Kelly for Mayne

Alternatively play Keane and Roughead in the same side, so it's Moore on Kennedy, Roughead on Darling and Keane on Allen.
Is Kelly fit?

Cameron, Rantall, Macrae, Keane, T Brown and Kelly. They're the ins.

The outs are Sier, Adams, C Brown, Thomas, Roughead and Mayne.

That's

Rantall for Adams
Macrae for C Brown
Keane for Roughead
T Brown for Sier
Cameron for Thomas
Kelly for Mayne

Alternatively play Keane and Roughead in the same side, so it's Moore on Kennedy, Roughead on Darling and Keane on Allen.
Jeez you're going tall.

Cox, Cameron, Kelly and Mihocek up forward? And considering Moore, Roughy, Madgen and Keane in defence?

A couple of things i want to see over the next few weeks:
- Play our best players on the ball for longer, while this may shoot us in the foot in other positions we aren't competitive quick or skilful enough around the ball at the moment. DeGoey, Crisp, Daicos, Maynard and even IQ to spend more time on ball.
- Sidebottom and Pendles more time forward. Their impact around the ball hasn't been what it once was. I'd like to see Sidey given the green light to get creative around goals and spend more time at Cox's feet. Pendles provides a cooler head and some much needed leadership inside 50. Having them inside 50 more often allows us greater scope to support some kids that may come in and play there
- Blood some youth!!! We've seen it with Essendon and Sydney, and while our boys might not be top 10 picks like theirs, it would at least be a different direction and show some hope for the future. Commit to playing blokes like Kelly, McCreery, Henry, Macrae and Reef. Hell, even throw McMahon in for a while. Stop persisting with dead wood blokes and start planning for the future. Give us some life back!!!
- Swing the axe on WHE, Mayne, C.Brown, Thomas, Greenwood. These blokes are fime as depth role players, not as a core 22. Play 1 or 2 of them if absolutely needed, not all of them at once
Daics has had a bit of time in the centre square recently. He's struggling there considerably.

Jeez you're going tall.

Cox, Cameron, Kelly and Mihocek up forward? And considering Moore, Roughy, Madgen and Keane in defence?

I think we could do with an extra tall in the backline to combat their 3 talls. I'd hate to see Howe play on Kennedy, Darling or Allen. Let Howe play smaller and intercept.

The forward line you sacrifice Mihocek onto Gov and hope Cameron can have an impact whilst Barrass covers Cox.

Kelly is just an in to get him in. We keep hearing he's going to play senior footy, he needs to play. Good chance for him to take the 4th best defender, with Hurn already out also.

I’d happily take your ins.
Murphy can play.
He’s had a bad run with injuries and he’s been trying to break into a GF team in 2018; a Prelim team in 2019; covid ruined 2020 for many VFL players trying to prove a point. This year, we are crap. Opportunities present. It’s time to show his wares over 6-10 weeks. He has size and skills. It’s make or break.

I would bring him in too, but he’s currently out with concussion

I would bring him in too, but he’s currently out with concussion
It will have been 12 days and he would have done no contact training throughout, but yes I wouldn't be bringing him in this week, even though I think we need to release Maynard to join Crisp in the midfield.

Playing West Coast in Perth is not the time to blood a host of youngsters.

A massacre is awaiting us as it is.

No, wait a week and leave the debuts for Anzac day.

Anzac Day is hardly an easy debut either. In the weekend just gone...

Essendon had 11 players out there with under 50 games
GWS 10
Swans 9
Richmond 7
Port Adel 7

We had 6 players with 50 games or less and 9 with over 150 games or more

^ we need to reverse those numbers ASAP

All this talk that playing so many 1-3 year players will hurt the prospects of those kids is a contradiction to what other teams are doing this year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Daics has had a bit of time in the centre square recently. He's struggling there considerably.
100% agree with this, his 2021 has been very patchy with a few moments of brilliance.
Do we forget high mid field minutes and play him as a fwd to set up/or kick a few goals each week?

For mine, definitely not showing enough as a mid type in 2021.

Anzac Day is hardly an easy debut either. In the weekend just gone...

Essendon had 11 players out there with under 50 games
GWS 10
Swans 9
Richmond 7
Port Adel 7

We had 6 players with 50 games or less and 9 with over 150 games or more

^ we need to reverse those numbers ASAP

All this talk that playing so many 1-3 year players will hurt the prospects of those kids is a contradiction to what other teams are doing this year

Big difference between players who have might have played 10, 25 or 40 games and those yet to play even 1.

The Eagles in Perth is the hardest road trip in the AFL, they are a quality side with a lot of mature bodies and after their second half capitulation against the Saints will be out for blood.

We all witnessed how much Henry struggled in round 1 (not surprisingly) and up against a Premiership contender in Perth I'd rather we go conservative with selection for 1 more week and look towards Anzac day against a young Essendon side as the starting point for regeneration of the side.

If there's one thing our side can do it is play ugly!
North are better to watch than us. They make mistakes and the young kids run out of legs after three quarters but they take it on and go through the middle. We are appallingly stodgy most of the time.

100% agree with this, his 2021 has been very patchy with a few moments of brilliance.
Do we forget high mid field minutes and play him as a fwd to set up/or kick a few goals each week?

For mine, definitely not showing enough as a mid type in 2021.
I'd have him and Sidey changing deep forward and wing. He doesn't look ready for the centre square

No he was poor on the night. It was a nod to us dropping Brown who would have given us no less than Mayne, Madgen, Greenwood or his brother.
and there was everyone else thinking Madgen was just about our best player on the night...

I don't mean to be a buzz kill but with our side playing as it currently is and with West Coast playing at home after a loss like they had, they will come out red hot.

I am predicting that last year's loss to West Coast (home and away game) will look small in comparison.

Out: Adams, Mayne, Sier
In: T Brown, Mcrae, Greenwood

Adams is injured, Mayne is just too slow and old and Sier with his gastro can s**t himself at home, rather than in the next contest.

I felt Tyler was stiff to miss last week, he didnt do anything wrong for mine in the game before. Mcrae, whilst I think its going to be a massive ask, should be better for the experience and Greenwood to come in and protect the young bodies.

WHE saved himself last week, was arguably one of our best after half time. Maynard on thin ice, needs to learn to hit a target.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back