Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 5 vs. WCE, OS Fri 16/04 @ 8:10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, change my mind. What I'd like to see:

In: Rantall, Mccrae, Cameron, Murphy, Greenwood

Out: Sier (unless medical clearance), Adams (inj), C Brown, Thomas, Noble (dropped to sub)

Starting as follows:

FB Maynard - Roughead - Howe
HB Quaynor - Moore - Crisp
C Daicos - Rantall - Murphy
HF Mccreery - Mihocek - JDG
FF WHE - Cox - Cameron
R Grundy - Pendlebury - Sidebottom

Int: Greenwood, Madgen, Macrae, Mayne

Medical Sub: Noble

Match-ups:

Kennedy vs. Moore (alternatively: Roughead)

Darling vs. Roughead (alternatively: Moore, Maynard or Howe)

Allen vs. Howe (alternatively: Moore, Roughead or Howe)

Ryan vs. Maynard (alternatively: Howe or Quaynor)

Cripps vs. Quaynor (alternatively: Maynard or Crisp)

Waterman vs. Crisp (alternatively: Maynard or Quaynor)

Think Madgen needs to stay away from the wing this week. He needs to be the 7th defender to help cover the bigger bodies of Allen, Cripps and Waterman. I can't however think of a suitable match-up for Noble? He's not a big enough body to go with any of them other than Ryan, but he would struggle against Ryan aerially.

In light of the above I wouldn't be opposed to playing Mayne off the interchange (can play back, wing or even forward to help with McGovern) and dropping Noble to the medical sub. Noble would make a good sub if the game is close and we need fresh legs within the game. He has the diversity to play wing or back.

Very had forward line to stop, but I think there are quite a few plan B's involved if any start to get beaten.

Mihocek defensive forward vs. McGovern.

Grundy and Cameron 50/50 in the ruck, Cox to stay 100% forward and keep Barrass accountable.

Perhaps the old "trust the system" to begin with but if Tim Kelly starts to tear us up (he loves playing against us), I would see if Greenwood could stop his influence.

Taylor adams out for 10 weeks minimum

Out: Sier (unless medical clearance), Adams (inj), C Brown, Thomas, Noble (dropped to sub)

Starting as follows:

FF WHE - Cox - Cameron

Match-ups:

Think Madgen needs to stay away from the wing this week. He needs to be the 7th defender to help cover the bigger bodies of Allen, Cripps and Waterman. I can't however think of a suitable match-up for Noble? He's not a big enough body to go with any of them other than Ryan, but he would struggle against Ryan aerially.

In light of the above I wouldn't be opposed to playing Mayne off the interchange (can play back, wing or even forward to help with McGovern) and dropping Noble to the medical sub. Noble would make a good sub if the game is close and we need fresh legs within the game. He has the diversity to play wing or back.

Very had forward line to stop, but I think there are quite a few plan B's involved if any start to get beaten.

Grundy and Cameron 50/50 in the ruck, Cox to stay 100% forward and keep Barrass accountable.

Perhaps the old "trust the system" to begin with but if Tim Kelly starts to tear us up (he loves playing against us), I would see if Greenwood could stop his influence.

Dropping Noble is crazy...he has been one of our most consistent!

Greenwood is cooked. Maine is not going to be in the team by the end of the year. WWHE (the 2nd W is for weak) and Thomas need to play months of Magoo's.
C Brown is not up to it at present.
All out
In - Whoever is good to go. we can't be any worse that the above lot

Greenwood is cooked. Maine is not going to be in the team by the end of the year. WWHE (the 2nd W is for weak) and Thomas need to play months of Magoo's.
C Brown is not up to it at present.
All out
In - Whoever is good to go. we can't be any worse that the above lot
AFL website suggests Greenwood will tag Kelly again. Makes sense if we want to win.

Starting as follows:

FF WHE - Cox - Cameron

Match-ups:

Stopped reading at Noble dropped to sub

Collingwood will unveil a highly-touted debutant against West Coast to help cover the loss of Taylor Adams, whose injury fate has been revealed.

Finn Macrae’s dominant VFL display against Geelong will see him handed a debut against West Coast as Taylor Adams’ worst knee fears were realised on Monday.

Collingwood will unveil a highly-touted debutant against West Coast to help cover the loss of Taylor Adams, whose injury fate has been revealed.

Finn Macrae’s dominant VFL display against Geelong will see him handed a debut against West Coast as Taylor Adams’ worst knee fears were realised on Monday.

Ya love to see it!

One of the more difficult matches to predict changes for. Despite the uttering from Buckley in his post match presser, I personally don't think we will see wholesale personnel changes against one of the flag favourites on their home ground.

Out: Adam's (inj), Mayne

In: Greenwood, Cameron

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of the more difficult matches to predict changes for. Despite the uttering from Buckley in his post match presser, I personally don't think we will see wholesale personnel changes against one of the flag favourites on their home ground.

Out: Adam's (inj), Mayne

In: Greenwood, Cameron
Mayne won't be out. He was probably our best in the second half.

I hope Sier is retained. We need him to put together a block of games with Adams unavailable for an extended period.

OUT: Cal Brown, Mayne, WHE to injury sub

IN: Macrae, Cameron, Greenwood to start (tagging Kelly)

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I hope Sier is retained. We need him to put together a block of games with Adams unavailable for an extended period.

OUT: Cal Brown, Mayne, WHE to injury sub

IN: Macrae, Cameron, Greenwood to start (tagging Kelly)

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Will depend on how Sier is feeling with his Gastro

Buckley will use the excuse not to blood the kids because we are playing West Coast in WA.
It’s time for change, anyone can do better than what Thomas, Hoskin Elliott, C Brown, Cox, Mayne, Greenwood, Madgen dish up week after week.

He has berried himself because of his blind faith in certain players and assistant coaches. Re Harvey and Sanderson.

All I see is some guy that makes contests and constantly drops marks and/or gets out bodied. He will never lead us to a premiership. So, he goes.
You need to wear glasses or get a new pair. He set up two goals last week and usually kicks 1 or 2 a game. He provides Grundy a break when he goes into the ruck. He has been as likely to score or create a goal as our highly paid superstar, Degoey.

All I see is some guy that makes contests and constantly drops marks and/or gets out bodied. He will never lead us to a premiership. So, he goes.
He led us to a grand final and his second half nearly won us a flag. That's more than most players at our club have done this past decade.

You need to wear glasses or get a new pair. He set up two goals last week and usually kicks 1 or 2 a game. He provides Grundy a break when he goes into the ruck. He has been as likely to score or create a goal as our highly paid superstar, Degoey.
I thought the game was made for big forwards??? Why is he struggling?
As a key forward he is so bad it’s no longer funny. Needs to spend more time in the ruck or go back to the VFL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back