Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 5 vs. WCE, OS Fri 16/04 @ 8:10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey bois. Loving that both our teams are down about our chances this week! :D

Just remember: play contested footy = you beat West Coast. If f*cken St Kilda of all sides can pile on 50pts in 1.5 quarters of football by playing man-on-man then im sure your mob can as well.

Tay is out for 10 weeks.

Looks like Seir has to sit out for 12 days.

I would love to see Mcrae come in, but we won't have any new players for this round. DeGoey in the guts for majority of the game., I would love to see Cox as a stay at home forward. Cameron did well against Nik Nat last time, he will give Grundy a chop out and he gives us another tall option in our fwd50 since we seem so hell bent on long bombs to our forwards.

In: The Pig, Cameron, T Brown
Out: Tay, Seir, C Brown

B Howe Roughead Maynard
HB Noble Moore Quaynor
C Daicos Crisp Madgen
HF Sidebottom Miochek Hoskin-Elliot
F McCreery Cox Thomas
FOLL: Grundy Pendlebury DeGoey
INTER: Cameron, Greenwood, Mayne, T Brown
Sub: C Brown

Very disappointing. Can’t imagine he’s rushed back if we’re not in finals contention either
He’ll want to get back as soon as possible. The man is driven.

Inside mid is where he belongs
Can come in for Adams
Will probably get massacred but he needs the time in the right position and we will have been losing the centre anyway
I'm happy for him to show he belongs as an inside mid by racking up the stats there in the VFL before he gets games there in the AFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adams our for 10 weeks is an opportunity to rotate some kids through that role.

No reason why physically ready 2-3 year kids like T Brown and Rantall can’t get a block of games in there

Play 32 year old Greenwood in there and he will predictably be hard at it but his disposal will let him down - why he got shifted out of the middle for us in the first place

Play de Goey in the middle more and you rob the forward line of one of its few marking targets and our only player up front with X factor

Otherwise why bother with 3rd year kids unless you are gonna play them and play them in their best position?

Adams our for 10 weeks is an opportunity to rotate some kids through that role.

No reason why physically ready 2-3 year kids like T Brown and Rantall can’t get a block of games in there
I'd play Maynard in there and bring in a kid to play on a flank, with limited rotations through the square.

I'd play Maynard in there and bring in a kid to play on a flank, with limited rotations through the square.

Who plays Maynard’s role? Chugg ready?

Think we ought to give some kids a go at it first... before moving a Maynard or De Goey in there full time and subsequently weakening our other lines

No point recruiting young mids, never playing them there at senior level, then delisting them a year or two down the track

The time is right for the following starting midfield combination:

Grundy, Crisp, Maynard and Daicos with the wings being occupied by Sidebottom and Macrae with the direct rotations being Greenwood (on ball) and T Brown.

I would like to see Pendles at half back as we seem to lack the ability to hit targets again and he's a great kick. We have to try and change things up.

Who plays Maynard’s role? Chugg ready?

Think we ought to give some kids a go at it first... before moving a Maynard or De Goey in there full time and subsequently weakening our other lines

No point recruiting young mids, never playing them there at senior level, then delisting them a year or two down the track
If Chugg isn't ready and the youngster you want to play is more of a mid/forward type - Madgen back to defence, or Sidey or WHE and play the kid wing or high half forward.

The time is right for the following starting midfield combination:

Grundy, Crisp, Maynard and Daicos with the wings being occupied by Sidebottom and Macrae with the direct rotations being Greenwood (on ball) and T Brown.

I would like to see Pendles at half back as we seem to lack the ability to hit targets again and he's a great kick. We have to try and change things up.

They tried pendles there a few years ago, to slow to defend the fast forwards.

Hey bois. Loving that both our teams are down about our chances this week! :D

Just remember: play contested footy = you beat West Coast. If f*cken St Kilda of all sides can pile on 50pts in 1.5 quarters of football by playing man-on-man then im sure your mob can as well.

Your kidding right? If somebody mentioned man on man in our coaches box, the culprit would be burned at the stake.
We like to guard grass, because somebody could steal it while your not watching.

Jesus our only serious clearance player is out for ten weeks.I wonder if the club is still happy they got rid of Treloar?He would have been handy right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back