Game Day Round 8 - Port v Crows - Showdown 55 (Chug Jug Edition) (Go Port)

Will Port get the Victory Royale in Showdown 55?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 10, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

We've got a
Scary game coming up, Showdown
Scarf in hand i'm bout to wave it round (sway around),

Ten points on the board right now,
Team working hard all over the ground

Hinkleys strategy is profound,
Crowd wearing black, white, teal and proud

Sitting in my Adelaide Oval seat,
Check the fixture, time for another defeat

Would play Rozee up forward if he absolutely must play. That way Mead can play a full game in Midfield against a team that's carrying Laird and Crouch in there where he might not get found out as badly with his pace. Then McEntee can be the super sub (lol) hopefully we won't even need him.

I’ve never understood the crazy overreactions to who is the 22nd and 23rd player selected in a team.

We had 2 injuries that needed to be replaced and the cupboard is pretty bare at the moment.

The only head scratcher is leaving finlayson out but he might end up being a late in or we simply didn’t want to be too tall up forward, so the only available replacements for SPP were Jed or frank. Neither of them are good but it’s what we’ve got to deal with.

Burton for Allir was a no brainer, I’m actually shocked that there is such a ridiculous reaction to something as obvious as that. There were literally no other options other than clurey, and stuff that. McKenzie is injured and the young ones aren’t ready.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
In my opinion the 17-22 player group is more important than the 1-5 in terms of success at the end of the season.

Teams that drop away from player 17-22 are usually the more s**t teams. That's why Mac and Cheese is such a liability.

Would play Rozee up forward if he absolutely must play. That way Mead can play a full game in Midfield against a team that's carrying Laird and Crouch in there where he might not get found out as badly with his pace. Then McEntee can be the super sub (lol) hopefully we won't even need him.
We should be using him off half forward anyway. JHF is the best centre clearance winner in the AFL but gets roughy 20% less CBAs than other elite mids. Rozee sucks at the centre bounce against decent midfields. Same for Wines.

So while two of our tall forwards collectively kicked 1.6 from 8 shots last week Finlayson, who has kicked 8 goals in his last 3 games and is our designated 2nd ruck naturally doesn't get selected. Possibly because the woke Hinkley wants to protect him from some myopic Crows boos.

Are we ******* Port Adelaide??? Through history we have thrived on the boos of the opposition crowd. Its up to Hinkley to put on his big boy pants and remind everyone that Jeremy has shown remorse, apologised and served his sentence. Perhaps remind any hostile Crows supporter in his media conference that those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

The sooner we drop this tired gameplan which is used to justify the selection of utter spuds like McEntee the more likely I will be able to unclench during games.

I can live with Burton coming back in out of necessity I suppose, much as I think he needs time in the magpies until he shows acceptable levels of desire and defensive commitment.

I think we'll win but i'm really struggling to stop myself voting for the Hinkley Hater option
Burton and Williams potentially giving us nothing with ground ball defence. Rozee pushing it with his injury. No backup for Sweet.

Of course we should win but we normally don’t. Too many things can go wrong to confidently tip Port 4 me

I'm chugging that Haterade.

3297876358_9ccbca65b3.jpg

We should be using him off half forward anyway. JHF is the best centre clearance winner in the AFL but gets roughy 20% less CBAs than other elite mids. Rozee sucks at the centre bounce against decent midfields. Same for Wines.

Management of JHF is an issue.
He gets enough midfield time at present.
Another 50 games and he can own the midfield.

Sack the dribbling self centred animal abuser. Who gives a toss. The club will be working feverishly in the background on the excuse messaging. If not for this weekend, certainly for the pointy end of the season

lol these people like "what else can they do we have no one playing well in the SANFL stop over reacting!", like it isn't all a symptom of broader, extremely well established causes.

Not like our team could benefit from accountability of some kind hey. If you can't compete like the highly paid window dressing you are then piss off and we'll try one of the other guys. They literally could not be worse in the case of Mcentee. They could be getting 5 touches a game in the Magpies and be in better exposed form than Mcentee.

As for Burton, he should be out of the side purely for his pathetic limp efforts in favour of someone who gives a s**t as a real minimum. Culture > Ability, particularly if you want to actually get the ability you do have, out of your players.

Who else are ya gonna get!?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have no idea who to tip tonight.

Heart says Port obviously.

Head says Crows for all those reasons of our consistency in losing these types of games. Playing at AO in a night game, playing the Crows who have overperformed against us for ages and playing in front of a motivated and loud home crowd. All these things are points of concern.

Last edited:
Head says Crows for all those reasons of our consistency in losing these types of games. Playing at AO in a night game, playing the Crows who have overperformed against us for ages and playing in front of a motivated and loud home crowd. All these things are points of concern.
im scared

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back