Preview Changes: R6 2021 v Hawthorn in Tasmania

Jul 27, 2004
Las Vegas
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Surely we won't be playing all of Frampton, Lynch Walker & McAdam in our forward line this week.

Frampton has had enough chances & we cannot take 3 players in who are carrying an injury.
Burns talked about the collective today. Which includes Frampton.

I'm not convinced the coaches have the same issues as we do with Frampton.

Sep 2, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Lynch is carrying a toe.... and not really performing

So ******* rest him. It's not hard. It's a development year. Give a kid a go. Get him to travel with the team. It will be invaluable

Lynch out, Fog into his role and bring in Hately or Pedlar
The senior guys are entitled to a game IF they are performing at as close to 100% as possible, THIS INCLUDES TRAINING FORM.
Anything less and a kid has got to be put into the team.
We are in a rebuild ffs!
We have had a good start to the year the heat is off after last yrs mess now it's time to manage games into kids.
Tom Lynch - OUT
Frampton- OUT
Keays (love his go) learn to kick opposite side! He literally runs back into traffic to find his leg.

CrowBloke

Solum stulti se excusant!
May 14, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide
1) Yes he has been poor for a couple of games.
2) Thought his Geelong game was a positive, as did the selectors obviously.
3)But give him a far king break. He has played 11 games for farkc sake.
1) He has been poor for the last three games in a row --- worst vsGCS, worst vs NM, 2nd worst (to McAdam) vs Freo. He has been our least effective player!
2) He has been given 4 more games after Geelong to show the first game was not a fluke. He hasn't.
3) This is his SEVENTH season, 5 on Port's list during which he played 3 AFL games.
11 AFL games, for 11 goals, in 6+ Seasons. He's been given "breaks" the biggest of which was the contract the Crows gave him after ZERO AFL success with PA.
Slow developer?
Nah, non-developer. Drop him.`

Jun 29, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
San Antonio Spurs
1) He has been poor for the last three games in a row --- worst vsGCS, worst vs NM, 2nd worst (to McAdam) vs Freo. He has been our least effective player!
2) He has been given 4 more games after Geelong to show the first game was not a fluke. He hasn't.
3) This is his SEVENTH season, 5 on Port's list during which he played 3 AFL games.
11 AFL games, for 11 goals, in 6+ Seasons. He's been given "breaks" the biggest of which was the contract the Crows gave him after ZERO AFL success with PA.
Slow developer?
Nah, non-developer. Drop him.`

I thought we got him as an absolute last resort ruck option incase every other player on our list who can ruck goes down. NOT to actually play. He can’t football plain and simple.

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
Lynch is carrying a toe.... and not really performing

So ******* rest him. It's not hard. It's a development year. Give a kid a go. Get him to travel with the team. It will be invaluable

Lynch out, Fog into his role and bring in Hately or Pedlar
It's an absolute brainer

The trouble is when it comes to managing our experienced players we have no brain

Infuriating when we're doing so many other things right

May 19, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I really, really hope we keep Pedlar in the magoos a little longer. I don't think there's a link at all between early exposure to seniors footy and being better for it - especially if the kid isn't ready. There's a lot to like - but jeez it'd be good if he learnt to & started dominating games. If you throw them in early they don't get the chance to learn that. I'd like to see Hately do the same too - he needs to smash the door down, not be gifted it.

Would love to see

In: Himmelberg. Out: Frampton
In: Worrell Out: Lynch (push a couple up the field)

If Tex is even slightly looking like he's not right, find a way to spell him (even if it means keeping Billy. But please don't mean keeping Billy). Can't just keep pushing blokes deeper and deeper into the red zone. It's never been a sustainable strategy

Aug 13, 2006
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
In other words PLAY IN FRONT. Stop trying to take mark of the year each game and just make front position. I'm glad the coaches have noticed this and are addressing this with him. I'll be watching him closely during the game.

He doesn’t do anywhere near enough.

Neither him nor Frampton are a threat. Smalls not really either.

It’s Tex or bust - but winning isn’t in our interest, so it’s alright.

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
In other words, we aren't going to play him any time soon so stop asking
I think it's smart by the club TBH. Keep expectations low.

I think he'll be in the team soon enough.

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
He doesn’t do anywhere near enough.

Neither him nor Frampton are a threat. Smalls not really either.

It’s Tex or bust - but winning isn’t in our interest, so it’s alright.
Until last week McAdam was most certainly a threat. I mean he's averaging over 2 goals a game.

Grenville

Club Legend
Apr 25, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Our Biggest weakness this year is the ease the Ball get from storage to opposition forward line when we lose the stoppage,
That would accelerate if we don't have a decent backup ruck in the side....

I tried, but i just couldnt let it go. You know when you have trouble even getting the ball out of the shed that you're in for a long year...

Grenville

Club Legend
Apr 25, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Is it really that difficult for you to understand what they are trying to do with the Fog?.. or are you just so totally against the idea that you are gonna write it off from the start?..

there is absolutely nothing to lose from playing Fog in the middle. We are in a rebuild period.. wins are great but developing players is more important.

give Fog a year to see if he can show some really positive signs in the midfield.. and even if by chance he doesnt one thing it will do is improve his tank and fitness and put a ton of work into building stronger/faster reflexes.

all things that will improve his craft as a forward.

I, however, honestly believe that he can become a forward/midfielder at AFL level..

lads got tonnes of talent, is as strong as an ox and has an unbelievable and accurate boot on him..

the wins have been great but really dont bother me this year.. i was stoked after the game on the weekend even though it was a loss.. the effort and a heap of bloody great signs were there and we really only lost due to our poor finishing when moving the ball into our forward line.

our two loses this year have come due to our own mistakes, not floggings due to us being sh*t... Swans game we shouldve and wouldve won if we had of kicked straight infront of goal, 22 points with atleast 10 that shouldve been goals. And freo due to poor delivery into our forwards. Sure freo killed us around the ground at stopages but they had fyfe and mundy against our youth and inexperienced mids so that was always gonna happen, but we still sent the ball into our forward line enough to outscore them..just did it poorly.

+1

This is an outstanding post and liking just wasn't enough. On top of agreeing with most of this, I thought he started to look better in there this week. Sure, he didnt get a lot of it but there were a few beast mode moments that stood out - looks like he's gaining confidence & would persist with it. As you say, is not about wins right now.
I'm not as bullish as you on him settling as a forward/mid in the future, but would like to see them persist with it for a while.

Oct 20, 2015
In a Galaxy Far, Far Away
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
+1

This is an outstanding post and liking just wasn't enough. On top of agreeing with most of this, I thought he started to look better in there this week. Sure, he didnt get a lot of it but there were a few beast mode moments that stood out - looks like he's gaining confidence & would persist with it. As you say, is not about wins right now.
I'm not as bullish as you on him settling as a forward/mid in the future, but would like to see them persist with it for a while.
Agree, he looked much better especially early. His strength around the contest could be a real positive

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Burns talked about the collective today. Which includes Frampton.

I'm not convinced the coaches have the same issues as we do with Frampton.

Collective is just another word for continuity. Fear of making change as if improving on an individual will damage the output of the other 21. If this is what this guy presented at senior coach interviews it's nonwondervhecwasnt ever successful. Mustn't have noticed that Freo made 4 unforced changes. And I had hopes for this group.

Oct 15, 2012
Hobart
AFL Club
Adelaide
Strong as an ox... because he's the size of an ox - and that's his biggest problem. He's never going to make it as a midfielder at the size he is. He's just too slow and immobile, and doesn't have the fitness to play more than 1 quarter in the guts (before he blows up and is useless for the rest of the game).

Yes, he's got talent - but he's never going to make the most of it until he sheds 5+ kg of excess muscle. That would free his body up immensely, giving him the opportunity to shine.

4 years younger - 4 years less in the system - 5cm taller - 2 kilos heavier.

heavy.png

Aug 13, 2006
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Until last week McAdam was most certainly a threat. I mean he's averaging over 2 goals a game.

Being a threat when the game is over isn’t impressive.

At this stage he’s a talented front runner trying to take a specy at every opportunity.

I can handle casual/lethargic players, but some consistent effort would be good.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Being a threat when the game is over isn’t impressive.

At this stage he’s a talented front runner trying to take a specy at every opportunity.

I can handle casual/lethargic players, but some consistent effort would be good.

Too many forwards, he's not really a crummer and he's 4th in line for ball direction. Lynch will player more in the 50 too now that he can't run.

D Style

All Australian
Oct 13, 2011
Radelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
53 Cans Indoor Cricket Club
For me it's obvious as anything we are a midfielder short. We are missing one of Gately/Crouch/Sloane type. Fog is not the hybrid answer. I think this is where we lost out vs Fremantle in the last half of the 4th quarter. Among the other issues raised.

On RMX2086 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Oct 15, 2012
Hobart
AFL Club
Adelaide
For me it's obvious as anything we are a midfielder short. We are missing one of Gately/Crouch/Sloane type. Fog is not the hybrid answer. I think this is where we lost out vs Fremantle in the last half of the 4th quarter. Among the other issues raised.
OK - but look at who we have rotating through there. Berry, Sholl, Schoenberg, Fog ... all kids. Bloody Keays looks like an elder statesman with a whopping 51 matches under his belt. Laird is the only true mid we have in the rotation right now, what's his history as a mid? Maybe 10 games?

We aren't a midfielder short at all, we are rebuilding ... so our players are still learning.

Want to know what we are really missing? Fans with patience or a longer vision than making the eight. That is clear.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
OK - but look at who we have rotating through there. Berry, Sholl, Schoenberg, Fog ... all kids. Bloody Keays looks like an elder statesman with a whopping 51 matches under his belt. Laird is the only true mid we have in the rotation right now, what's his history as a mid? Maybe 10 games?

We aren't a midfielder short at all, we are rebuilding ... so our players are still learning.

Want to know what we are really missing? Fans with patience or a longer vision than making the eight. That is clear.

Given the youth and inexperience, we definitely need another mid to ease the load. Not a lot of developed midfield engines among that lot. Hately really should come in for a hobbling Lynch. Fog to still get his minutes and the others to drop a few minutes so they're not as gassed when they're in there. It probably only matters to total team performance, the more minutes for Berry, Schoey and Fog the better in terms of development. But if we want a better chance of winning, Hately for Lynch is a total no-brainer. And it's not too contradictory to development either.

Oct 15, 2012
Hobart
AFL Club
Adelaide
Given the youth and inexperience, we definitely need another mid to ease the load. Not a lot of developed midfield engines among that lot. Hately really should come in for a hobbling Lynch. Fog to still get his minutes and the others to drop a few minutes so they're not as gassed when they're in there. It probably only matters to total team performance, the more minutes for Berry, Schoey and Fog the better in terms of development. But if we want a better chance of winning, Hately for Lynch is a total no-brainer. And it's not too contradictory to development either.
The better chance of winning should be way outside of the core decision making process.

You know how we will get a better chance of winning? When these guys all have 50 games in the bank in the roles we want them in.

I think most of the time, with lowly rebuilders like us, the playing youth policy increases your chances of winning in the short term anyway (not that it should matter). We are a case in point for that. I just think some of our supporters need to step back and look a bit wider.

Hately should come in because he has a long term future AND is ready to go.
Lynch should go out because he is injured and is in the team for structure and leadership - he is not our future.

Neither decision should pivot on how much either choice influences our chances of winning Round 6.

Back