Preview Changes R6 v Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

If we drop a ruck for Brooksby it'll surely be Vardy. Hickey has been the much better of the two

I agree but Vardy is out of form but is more versatile and is normally a backup ruckman only .

Really we are going with one and a half ruckman at the moment . Lycett and Vardy worked a treat , however our current setup is not overly affective at the moment .

Hey friends. What's the likelihood that Rotham is back into the side with Barrass out for an extended period? Looked pretty good in his couple of games, hoping he plays for fantasy purposes obviously...any response is appreciated !

Hey friends. What's the likelihood that Rotham is back into the side with Barrass out for an extended period? Looked pretty good in his couple of games, hoping he plays for fantasy purposes obviously...any response is appreciated !

Really depends on what the match committee is thinking. Schofield may take Barrass' spot long term, but Rotham, Brander and even Oscar Allen are possible fill ins.

Really hard to tell.

And for the record, with Mitchell in their coaching ranks, hawthorn are currently 2-3.
We need Don Pyke back.

C
Nathan Van Berlo is the midfield coach and Rosa is stoppages

And for the record, with Mitchell in their coaching ranks, hawthorn are currently 2-3.
All extremely valid points. I don't think Rosa is to blame in any way shape or form. However it is a change from last year and it may be contributing. But cause and causation etc..

I got whiskey bent and hellbound after half time so i don't know what happened in the second half, but was sheed actually s**t on friday?

Stats say 27 touches (9 contested possies), 4 clearances, 7 inside 50's and 6 marks. Stats look good but we all know it can be deceiving.

Allen has a huge wingspan for his size. He'll be a decent chop out IMO. will give away height but should make up for it with his height and leap.

I got whiskey bent and hellbound after half time so i don't know what happened in the second half, but was sheed actually s**t on friday?

Stats say 27 touches (9 contested possies), 4 clearances, 7 inside 50's and 6 marks. Stats look good but we all know it can be deceiving.
Watching him I noticed he spent time on the flank and midfield. Thought he was largely ineffective with his touches . A lot of slam it on the boot type of stuff. There was one point where he kicked 3 high up and unders to no one's advantage whatsoever.

This game is at a frenetic pace. No wonder Masten hacks the ball early in games but seems to get better as the game is over or opened up.

Cough, cough. From a post I made in the positives/negatives V Port thread.

Not a personnel change but rather a tactical change.

Negatives
Our movement of the ball into the forward line is too slow and allowed Port & Freo last week to crowd the defence which, in turn prevented our key forwards from making effective leads. This is why we are seeing bombs into the forward line with JD, JK, OA and LR all flying for the ball. By comparison Port moved the ball forward very quickly.
We over possess the ball in defense transferring it from one side to the other seeking space. All that has been happening is Port were able to position themselves up, crowd the game then bust forward when we were dispossessed.
Too tall.

XEllis is onto this too in this article here

Great minds think alike :)

Cough, cough. From a post I made in the positives/negatives V Port thread.

Not a personnel change but rather a tactical change.

XEllis is onto this too in this article here

Great minds think alike :)
Really good observation Fat X..
Was at the Freo game and could see it clear as day. We chip it sideways and you can see the opposition running back in waves flooding the space ahead of the ball. So frustrating when we have such a potent fwd line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dont think rotham will take barrass role . He is not a hulking key back more of an athletic 3rd tall . Schofield will take barrass spot . We are already playing too tall and rotham was the 3rd in line choice when he made his debut with schofield being sick and watson who had a death in the family .
Rotham plays a smaller role

We kicked brilliantly last year but I'd say we also came into the edge of the square and then through the corridor more successfully, our out to the wing before hitting someone up in the corridor. I appreciate them being able to control momentum and calm their team mates down with ball control but if we can't get numbers to the fall of the ball after the eventual kick down the wing, there's something seriously wrong.

Does the team fly out today?

We kicked brilliantly last year but I'd say we also came into the edge of the square and then through the corridor more successfully, our out to the wing before hitting someone up in the corridor. I appreciate them being able to control momentum and calm their team mates down with ball control but if we can't get numbers to the fall of the ball after the eventual kick down the wing, there's something seriously wrong.

Does the team fly out today?
Usually they fly Friday for a Sunday game.

Some think Simmo was sour grapes for mentioning the hard turf after a bad loss, but he made it clear
it wasn't about that- two different issues. No doubt upset about the late forced change, and Tom's injury and the impact of that in the near future?

New article in The Worst re Buckley, looks like everyone's onto Port's 'dirty footy' method to beat the Eagles. Welcome to the hunted. Need to adapt on the fly. Hope Simmo has an answer. This will test him as a coach. Could get ugly.

People trying to frame it as Simmo making an excuse for the loss are just trolling. Both teams play on the same deck so on game day it's irrelevant, and anyone with a brain understands that.
Losing 2 elite players to injury in the first month is some serious bullshit though. It's a hard enough sport on the body without substandard playing surfaces contributing further casualties, so I hope we get our training the hell out of there (how come we aren't full time at Lathlain yet? I thought that was meant to be ready by now), and WC & Freo put some real pressure on to ensure that Optus is up to standard. It is promoted as such a great venue but if it's taking players out of the game then that's a massive issue.

"Dirty Footy" is a pretty smart tactic (even moreso if Barrass had still been in the side) so yeah it will be interesting to see if other teams go that route, and how we respond. I've always thought the chaos ball into the forward line was a solid option as long as your team is expecting it and get in front of their opponents.

DF works well in wet conditions. Bucks also said Eagles might've just had a bad night, but he would look at Ports DF strategy.
Have to get away from the short chip kicks around the back 50. Need Hurn and Jetta to drive it long or run it out...break on through to the other side! That 25 possession streak that mercifully finished in a goal, was the pinnacle of this style, but tedious as f@k. Exhibition football, ok on a sunny day.
Hope we've got a Plan B?

Yeah Hurn could be delivering i50s from back of the square instead of 10m kicks sideways.

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app
So after years of ffs stop just bombing it in long - we develop a game plan that relies on possession footy - we have a couple of wet weather games where obviously a kick and marking game is going to be a lot less effective - so we toss it all out and revert to bomb it long

When we just beat collingwood AGAIN - on their shitpile using a possession game that they were trying their best to copy and doing so badly?

Yeah Hurn could be delivering i50s from back of the square instead of 10m kicks sideways.

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Shallow inside 50 entries are largely worthless these days and can be dangerous, if it’s not marked by a forward then it’s much easier for the defenders to rebound out and go on the counter

Remove this Banner Ad

Back