Preview Changes R6 v Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Wind speed and direction was this on Saturday at 1.00pm for the 2nds.

Just occurred to me that one reason Geelong boy Brander played so well and accurate with goal kicking in the 2nds was that he's been playing in Geelong wind conditions for years and it wasn't so difficult for him.

Might be a good game to get him in the team for the Geelong game.

Couldn't be worse than JD of late.

Good news with Rioli now running. They say 4 weeks which would be Round 9 but we have taken a very conservative approach with him and i believe now we could see him in 2 to 3 weeks.

Barrass is a certain worry having to go under the knife. Hopefully its only 3 months and not 6 month injury. Im sure Schofield can do the job. Unless they bring in Brander.

I think they are going to go down this path this week and drop Masten and Vardy and go with Oscar Allen as a pinch hitter and bring in run. Pretty confident of this.

INS Mallen, J Cameron/Venables
OUTS Masten, Vardy

OUTS MASTEN
INS Rioii.

INS
Rioli, Nic Naitanui
OUTS
Masten, Vardy

INS
Brooksby, Cameron, M Allen
OUTS
Vardy, O Allen, Masten

Hurn Schoey Shep
Jetta Gov Duggan
Redden Yeo Gaff
Petrol JD Hutch
Cripps JK Ryan

Hickey Sheed Shuey

Brooksby, M Allen/Cameron, Cole, O Allen(Swing man, link man, whatever you wanna call him man, will end up like Fyfe man)

INS Brooksby, (Mallen or J Cameron)
OUTS Vardy, Masten

Hurn Schoey Shep
Jetta Gov Duggan
Redden Yeo Gaff
Petrol JD Hutch
Cripps JK Ryan

Hickey Sheed Shuey

O Allen , M Allen, Cameron, Cole

INS Mallen, Cameron
OUTS Masten, Vardy.

Outs Masten, Vardy
Ins Mallen, Cameron

INS Mallen, J Cameron/Venables
OUTS Masten, Vardy

Seriously, you've posted your ins and outs more than once a day and there's only one constant.

If you're wondering whether anyone is still in the dark on whether you want Masten out of the team - they're not. Give it a rest FFS.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Schofield out for Barrass
Cole out for Rotham - quicker, better mark and kick
Vardy out and Allen to ruck
Masten out
Bring in Matt Allen and Ah Chee or Brander, even Venables for some speed

Also out kick in strategy of kicking to a pack 90% of time on the boundary line
Allen is only 191cm/ 6’3? Don’t think he’s ever even played in Ruck not to mention how light he is. Would be giving away 5 inches and 15 kgs

1) Vardy out for Brooksby. Vardy's clearance and tap-work hasn't been AFL standard and he is offering very little around the ground. Got to do something different against the Cats or their midfield will smash ours. The Allen pinch hit in the ruck option could also work but I reckon the big bodied Brooksby is primed

2) OAllen out for XXX. I don't really know who replaces Allen but we cant persist with three key forwards crowding each other and offering little defensive pressure to lock the ball in. We are at our best when we can set up a press but we haven't been able to do that, so the IN is whoever we think will apply the most defensive pressure. *Also Cripps has absolutely sucked ever since his three goal opening quarter against Collingwood. He only stays because we have no better options, but would want to watch himself when Rioli comes back.

3) Masten out for either M Allen or Ainsworth with Gaff taking Masten's wing. Our contested game is among the worst in the league at the moment and while that can be a sign that our possession game is working, the Port game demonstrated that we don't win enough contested footy when we need too. Masten's one attribute is outrunning his opponent to pick up outlet possessions, but if he doesn't find that space he's a liability. Gaff will kill it out there on a wing and have the added bonus of allowing Sheen to play in his best position.
With it a possibility to rain we have a few choices:

Drop a tall forward ( Oscar Allen)
and still play two rucks. I would be also dropping Vardy as he is in horrible form.

Masten is out form and think for midfield balance i want to see how he goes. Venables has been putrid in the WAFL but i think his attributes in the forward line are something we miss.

Out: Allen , Vardy, Masten
In: Ah Chee, Keegan,Venables

Hurn Schofield Shep
Jetta Gov Duggan

Redden Sheed Gaff

Ah Chee Darling Pet
Ryan JK Ryan

Ruck: Hickey Shuey Yeo

Bench: Keegan, Hutchings, Cole, Venables

Play with one less ruck ( Vardy) and use Oscar and Ah Chee as pinch hitters.

Out: Vardy, Masten
In: Ah Chee,Venables

Hurn Schofield Shep
Jetta Gov Duggan

Redden Sheed Gaff

Ah Chee Darling Pet
Ryan JK Ryan

Ruck: Hickey Shuey Yeo

Bench: Allen, Hutchings, Cole, Venables
tenor.gif

MAllen has to come in at some stage. Has been on our list for 3 years (at end of 2019) and has been 'close' on a few occasions. If we have given runs to Mutimer, Nelson, et al then MAllen needs a run.

He may be the sort of player who goes to the next level when presented with the opportunity.

Don't know what we don't know.

What I want to see:
Out: Vardy, Masten
In: MAllen, Venables

Vardy crowding forward line, replace him with Venables and we have some pressure when the ball hits the deck.
Masten out, Gaff to wing and Sheed back into the guts. MAllen to provide midfield relief.

Seriously, you've posted your ins and outs more than once a day and there's only one constant.

If you're wondering whether anyone is still in the dark on whether you want Masten out of the team - they're not. Give it a rest FFS.
Don't know about you but I'll be f****** happy when the school holidays are over. Is Adventure World closed or something?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back