Opinion Changes v GWS - Cox Ryan Sutty Grey in

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
None of our tall defenders are elite kicks though. I don't think that should be the reason why Collins isn't given a chance, especially in a development year. Otherwise what's the point of keeping him on the list?
I agree and is so difficult to understand, he is either have future or no future with freo , don't get this keeping him as backup on the list.

I agree and is so difficult to understand, he is either have future or no future with freo , don't get this keeping him as backup on the list.

We did it with Silvagni for so long and he has looked great at Carlton.

We did it with Silvagni for so long and he has looked great at Carlton.
He sure does. And then he gets injured over and over again. Same problem he had here. No way you can blame that on Freo.
To be fair he looked great with us.
Yep. He could always play just couldn't stay fit when he got an opportunity.

To next week. At least GWS aren't flying at the moment. No doubt we can play them into some form. Moving Spurr forward is very Ibbotson-esque just before he was dropped. I would be surprised if he didn't play though.

We don't have much to bring in really with Langdon and Balic injured. Tucker has been good recently bar yesterday and I think that earns him a reprieve. Deluca needs at least a couple of games to get a feel for the level. Suban I think should (and maybe will...probably not) go. I am not sure what his role was today but he is very much Subes of old which is a shame because he was good when he first came back in. If you watched Ross' PC then I think you'll agree that Tabs ain't playing and Cox probably is. If I had to guess at this week:

Out: Walters :(, Suban
In: Ryan, Cox

More than likely it won't be Suban but Tucker or Deluca. Also Collins isn't playing unless Hamling or Johnno don't. Happy to rest Johnno from GWS.

To be fair he looked great with us.

Yeah I Know, didn't mean it like that. Meant that he wasn't given the opportunities he deserved. Injuries played a part but he was often overlooked even when fit. Just thought Collins's non-selection is similar.

Last edited:
Was flicking through the TV stations and caught the tail end of an interview on the news with Sonson coming out of getting his scan done. Seemed like the news was better than expected. Sonson even said he hoped he could play this week. That is no doubt optimistic but hopefully he is playing sooner than we all expected.

Was flicking through the TV stations and caught the tail end of an interview on the news with Sonson coming out of getting his scan done. Seemed like the news was better than expected. Sonson even said he hoped he could play this week. That is no doubt optimistic but hopefully he is playing sooner than we all expected.
Walters's move to the midfield must have seen him look to Dangerfield for inspiration. No doubt Walters will play this week :p

FAKE INJURIES

Out :Walters (injured) spurr (omitted) suban (omitted) crozier (omitted) Johnson (rested)

In : Collins,cox,grey,tabener,Ryan

Would like something like this but unlikely to have 5 changes

Out :Walters (injured) spurr (omitted) suban (omitted) crozier (omitted) Johnson (rested)

In : Collins,cox,grey,tabener,Ryan

Would like something like this but unlikely to have 5 changes
happy with that.

If Walters is out, Ballantyne and Grey take the 2 forward pockets. For all the verbal abuse Shane Kersten gets on here, He did enough to play this week.

This game vs GWS, This could get ugly. I don't want a repeat of last year where we kicked a solitary point in the 1st half.

happy with that.

If Walters is out, Ballantyne and Grey take the 2 forward pockets. For all the verbal abuse Shane Kersten gets on here, He did enough to play this week.

This game vs GWS, This could get ugly. I don't want a repeat of last year where we kicked a solitary point in the 1st half.
Didn't we get off to a good start? Yarran kicked 3 goals?

Out: Spurr, Suban, Ballas
In: Ryan, Tabs/Cox, Bennell (won't happen though so Grey)

Nyhuis down back to replace Spurr and Weller/Blakely moves mid to allow Ryan down back and replace Suban

Out : Sean Darcy ( managed ) , ballas , croz ,spurr.

In : j. Griff , tab , Luke ryan , Cox .

Sean Darcy need a rest and GWS is the best match he can do so. 11 wafl game plus 5 AfL game is a lot for a newbie in his first season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I Know, didn't mean it like that. Meant that he wasn't given the opportunities he deserved. Injuries played a part but he was often overlooked even when fit. Just thought Collins's non-selection is similar.

It's actually exactly the same. Both have been pigeon holed to a single position (FB) and are the second preferred for that position.

Out: Walters (inj), Ballantyne, Crozier, Suban, Johnson

In: Grey, Taberner, Cox, Ryan, Collins

I realize both Walters + Ballantyne out isn't ideal for small forwards, but Ballantyne is barely there anyway so think Grey could do more there, Deluca may relish another chance too. Taberner has to come in, Cox deserves another shot - we'll have 4 tall options in forward which is top-heavy but time to experiment and see what they can come up with. I don't think many give a s**t about having too much forward height as opposed to the opposite option we've been going with - i.e. having no height at all.

Ryan back to defence, Crozier's had too many chances - he should have his cards stamped by the end of this year.

Suban and Johnson haven't been that bad but we're not playing finals, time to give Collins a chance to see what he can do. He's been nothing short of excellent in defence and the only thing keeping him out is a player turning 33 this year who's unlikely to be around for our next flag challenge. Johnson's great, but Hamling is going to be our next defensive leader (we all know it) and it's time to move with the times.

5 games left to experiment, let's see if Ross Lyon will actually do something different like.... experiment.

If we are giving young players a go in defence then I am dropping Spurr long before Johnson. Neither are playing our next flag tilt but Johnno is still going ok. Spurr is struggling. Don't mind resting Johnno for a game to freshen him up though.

Actually with Cameron, Patton and Lobb we may need Collins anyway.

Out: Walters (inj), Ballantyne, Crozier, Suban, Johnson

In: Grey, Taberner, Cox, Ryan, Collins

I realize both Walters + Ballantyne out isn't ideal for small forwards, but Ballantyne is barely there anyway so think Grey could do more there, Deluca may relish another chance too. Taberner has to come in, Cox deserves another shot - we'll have 4 tall options in forward which is top-heavy but time to experiment and see what they can come up with. I don't think many give a s**t about having too much forward height as opposed to the opposite option we've been going with - i.e. having no height at all.

Ryan back to defence, Crozier's had too many chances - he should have his cards stamped by the end of this year.

Suban and Johnson haven't been that bad but we're not playing finals, time to give Collins a chance to see what he can do. He's been nothing short of excellent in defence and the only thing keeping him out is a player turning 33 this year who's unlikely to be around for our next flag challenge. Johnson's great, but Hamling is going to be our next defensive leader (we all know it) and it's time to move with the times.

5 games left to experiment, let's see if Ross Lyon will actually do something different like.... experiment.

I think Grey may play another WAFL game to qualify for Peel finals. I want to see Cox in and playing forward and see some forward tactics suited to a smallish mobile forward line. (I don't expect to get that though).

Ryan in should be an automatic. I would love to see Sam Collins rewarded for his hard, good work at Peel.

He would not have necessarily known the results yet, could have just been trying to be optimistic.

Out:
Ballantyne - Cooked
Crozier - Massive utensil tease, top 5 talented player on our list for bottom 5 output
Spurr - Cooked (being on the leadership team has saved him so far but shouldn't any longer)
S.Hill - clearly injured
Walters* - Pending scan results
Suban - Not cooked but too ineffective

In:
Grey - picks himself
Ryan - picks himself
Taberner - picks himself
Cox - not a great WAFL game but needs to continue development

Not sure who else to bring in tbh, all our other good performing WAFL players are talls but you can't bring in Griffin and Collins to go along with Johnson Darcy McCarthy Taberner Kersten and Hamling. Maybe Collins if GWS go with a tall forward line. Unfortunately it means some underperforming smalls such as Spurr, Crozier, and Ballantyne continue to get a free ride until the likes of Bennell and Langdon are fit again.

Out:
Ballantyne - Cooked
Crozier - Massive utensil tease, top 5 talented player on our list for bottom 5 output
Spurr - Cooked (being on the leadership team has saved him so far but shouldn't any longer)
S.Hill - clearly injured
Walters* - Pending scan results
Suban - Not cooked but too ineffective

In:
Grey - picks himself
Ryan - picks himself
Taberner - picks himself
Cox - not a great WAFL game but needs to continue development

Not sure who else to bring in tbh, all our other good performing WAFL players are talls but you can't bring in Griffin and Collins to go along with Johnson Darcy McCarthy Taberner Kersten and Hamling. Maybe Collins if GWS go with a tall forward line. Unfortunately it means some underperforming smalls such as Spurr, Crozier, and Ballantyne continue to get a free ride until the likes of Bennell and Langdon are fit again.
So you would prefer Crozier be replaced with someone...unsully'd

(on a Monday evening too. Thanks:cool:)

May I ask everyone with the

Out: Crozier

opinion, who exactly is going to come in and replace Crozier and do an equal or better job?

I put to you, no-one. Bennell is not ready. Grey was playing it earlier in the year and was worse. Deluca hasn't shown a tonne yet. Ballas looks cooked. Of all the players to play a small forward this year, he is the best performed. The only thing that really bugs me about Crozier is that he flies for everything. He should stay down to crumb occasionally. Other than that, he is doing ok in the 2nd worst forward line in the comp. So far from our biggest problem. He has also only played 60 odd games. No way you can be definitive about someone after that many games.

We need more patience, especially for the blokes in the forward line. It is a tough gig atm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back